The 'Car of Tomorrow"

allaboutsports

What are your thoughts?

I personally think Nascar has driven up the cost of racing considerably. Many safety issues have been addressed and corrected within the existing cars. I see no reason to change what has worked for a long time.

My suggestion would be to make the cars look like the street verison of each make and model. Get the noses off of the ground and take away more spoiler. Unless youknow who is driving what all cars look the same as they go aound the track. So what if Nascar would have to have more templates to fit each model. They did that until a few years ago. Nascar is all about Nascar and whatever is easiest for them. They have no real concern for the teams or what it cost to build and maintain these cars.

They just like the NFL, NBA, MLB and others are looking at their bottom line and could care less about anyone else.

QUOTE(unc4life @ Mar 24 2007 - 04:12 PM) 826421661[/snapback]what are the "changes" about ... safety? or looks?

I would say both. It would stink to be a pit crew chief now, they knew the old cars inside in out, this new change could hurt the big guys it will a depend on how there crew chief handles the new change.

• 4 weeks later...

The most intersting race for the COT will be Talladega in the fall. We should see a real slow down of the cars in this race. If we don't I will be totally amazed. As much as the cars move around in the draft now they should be all over the place with the COT.

I like the looks of the COT -- It looks more like the street version of the Impala's, Avengers and Fusions than the Monte Carlo, Charger and Fusions that we have been used to seeing.