Bearden Invitational Schedule

shoehp

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE((.)(.) @ Mar 26 2007 - 10:59 AM) 826422927[/snapback]i think the Farragut vs. West game is @ Farragut and is part of the tournament but it is just not played at bearden

I asked Coach Ashe and he said that the game is at Farragut. Sorry about the bad info on the schedule.

QUOTE(Jpab @ Mar 25 2007 - 05:18 PM) 826422250[/snapback]who would you say is the weakest team in the tournament..... and also strongest. Who has the toughest opponents and schedule?

??

i would have to say two toughest teams in this tourn. are farragut and Knoxville Catholic. both teams have a very solid line up.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Mar 25 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826422484[/snapback]Farragut vs. West isn't a Bearden Invitational game is it? I thought it was just a regular game so therefore i'd assume it would be at Farragut. am I wrong? you have it being at West but I believe its at Farragut.

are the *** showing that its regular season and not part of the invitational?

and why is Farragut only up there twice? Eurosports says that they play after McMinn.. but against a tba team. so im confused?

The Schedule is correct except for Farragut v. West game location. All games are at Bearden except Farragut/West and Gallatin/West. Farragut only has two games in the tournament. I would guess that this has something to do with TSSAA game/tournament counting and limitations therein.

QUOTE(Jpab @ Mar 25 2007 - 05:18 PM) 826422250[/snapback]who would you say is the weakest team in the tournament..... and also strongest. Who has the toughest opponents and schedule?

??

That a tough one. Lots of highly ranked teams as well as potential giant killers. I would say that even if some of these higher ranked teams are not in mid-year form, they will be lucky to get out of the tournament without a loss. I think Bearden went 0-3 last year. CBHS dominated everyone but Catholic in that one.

Catholic has a stacked team that i think will win the invitational. They got tyler gibson, zach wegryn, brian becham, joey derosa, and zach zondlo. I dont know if that last name will contribute much less start tho. Actually zach zondlo isnt that great. I dont even know why i mentioned his name.

QUOTE(Prince Huy @ Mar 27 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826424013[/snapback]Catholic has a stacked team that i think will win the invitational. They got tyler gibson, zach wegryn, brian becham, joey derosa, and zach zondlo. I dont know if that last name will contribute much less start tho. Actually zach zondlo isnt that great. I dont even know why i mentioned his name.

Your forgeting their best player... Chase Neiri

QUOTE(shoehp @ Mar 27 2007 - 11:40 AM) 826423965[/snapback]That a tough one. Lots of highly ranked teams as well as potential giant killers. I would say that even if some of these higher ranked teams are not in mid-year form, they will be lucky to get out of the tournament without a loss. I think Bearden went 0-3 last year. CBHS dominated everyone but Catholic in that one.

I agree...this is a tough tournament. There are a lot of teams that will be playing in the State Tournament. More than likely, the team that wins it will have at least 1 loss. It is still early and teams haven't found there stride yet. One thing about Bearden's record last year that most people don't know is- they had just lost there best player, he was made in-eligible a few weeks before this tournament. Bearden had to change their whole style of play, and that took time for them to adjust. After that tournament they only lost 2 games to whole season and won the championship. This year, they haven't had those disruptions to deal with. For that reason, I think they (Bearden) will win it all. They must get past Catholic first- and that is not an easy task!! It should be a great game!!

I watched Maryville Vs Morristown West last night. I thought the ref was decent, but Maryville got most every call until late in the second half. Morristown could have had 3 goals in the first half. They had the keeper on the ground and the ball inside the 6yd box 2 times and couldn't finish. Maryville played better in the last 10 minutes of the 1st half- otherwise I thought M West dominated play. The 2nd half was pretty even- Maryville certainly had their chances- they could have won this game. Its all about finishing!!! Neither team could. M West managed the win 1-0 in a good game. For Maryville, the kid in the middle named Large played a great game- he is dangerous. On defense the kid named Pugh made no mistakes that I saw and started every play with very good passing- I was impressed by this kid and he is a sophmore. Maryville has a very young team- I believe they will be a force- if not this year, the next 2 look bright for them!!!

Morristown West- a team that I said earlier in the pre-season, will make it to State- They are that good!! when they finish, they will be a tough team for anyone- good balance all over!!

Good luck to both teams the rest of the year!!!!!

QUOTE(pseudophobia @ Mar 28 2007 - 05:33 AM) 826424598[/snapback]Morristown West- a team that I said earlier in the pre-season, will make it to State- They are that good!!

Who do they have to make it through to get there? I saw that they lost to Lenoir City 1-0 (though this might have been a down game for them). I'm not discounting them (shoot, Morristown West was my first coaching job, so I would love to see them go far) just wondering if they can get past Bearden or Farragut, or Science Hill for that matter.