Bearden Invitational Schedule

shoehp

QUOTE(BigG @ Mar 31 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826427145[/snapback]Am I the only one that finds these outcomes odd?

All the teams are very very tired i am sure.....these scores to these games are weird because of the fatique. It hasn't been this hot either in a while. It must be hard for teams like catholic or knox west who don't really have very many players on their team...or very deep teams.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wiredtowin @ Mar 31 2007 - 03:45 PM) 826427191[/snapback]Odd? How's this--Farragut may not be as good as thought/but TBD, this is early season and team didn't practice over break. They'll be bringing their A game come tournament time. McMinn County MO to play bunker ball when coach thinks they are out-manned/thus they will play more talented teams close, ie Farragut 0-0, Catholic 1-1. Against a team like Maryville that talent is perceived to be equal, straight up play leads to surprises such as the 6-0 loss to Maryville. Maryville not as bad as they appeared in losing to MoWest 1-0 and not as good as 6 goals better than Mcminn....somewhere in between like the 2-2 tie with ND. Knox West appears to be better than lots of folks thought. Bottom line is that there appears to be some pretty good parity--if you don't bring your game prepare to get punked.

That seems to be a pretty good synopsis. Well said.

QUOTE(gerrard8 @ Mar 31 2007 - 05:45 PM) 826427193[/snapback]West 3

Houston 2

Great game.

West came to this game ready to play. They just plain out-hustled Houston. It looked like Houston was having a good time goofing off before the game. I believe that they thought West would simply lye down and get beat. This team appears to be highly motivated and is not to be taken lightly!!! I bet the next team that plays them realizes that they are a very good team!!

One thing that is very unfortunate was that number 4 on their team (West)- they called him Cat..?? That kid ducks under any kid who goes up for a header- I saw him do this in the CAK game 3 times and he did it again today to a Houston player. While players may think this is a good decision, this can be extremely dangerous and life threatening. This can not be allowed at any level. Someone will either get hurt by this kid or someone will hurt him for being stupid. The ref in this game was not very good at all! Thsi kind of play MUST be controlled.