Whats to expect out of UT in 2007

KEV-O

QUOTE(THECRIPDEVIL @ Mar 24 2007 - 07:42 PM) 826421737[/snapback]what are yall's thoughts on this year in vol football.

I think Tennessee will lose no more than three games at worst. I also beleieve that they could be 11-1 very easily as well. Here is my predictions for their schedule.

California - W

Southern Miss- W

Florida- ?? W

Northern Illinois- W

Georgia- W

Miss St.- W

Alabama- ?? W

South Carolina- W

Louisiana Lafayette-W

Arkansas-?? W

Vanderbilt-W

Kentucky-W

I know I am extremely biased with my vols but im going with 12-0!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think they should have a very good year and will probably be picked to win the SEC East.

The only concern I have is at WR & in the defensive back field.

Quintin Hancock & Josh Briscoe could end up being stars and Lucas Taylor needs step up and be a go to guy. Its good that they will be getting Austin Rogers back he is solid possession receiver who also has speed. It might be just a matter of time before those guys are playing behind the young guns. Once the following guys get there.

kenny O'Neal (6'0, 195, 4.26) = Played his freshmen year at Florida State and last season at a SF JUCO.

Brent Vinson (6'2, 193, 4.4) = Played last season at prep school where he become one of the top prep school layers in the country.

Ahmad Paige (6'3, 192, 4.4) , Gerald Jones (6'2, 190, 4.47) = Both of these guys were Army All-American players and they both have the size and speed.

On the defense Tennessee loses Demetrice Morley and R. Fellows both would have been starting.

Look for Eric Berry (6'1, 195, 4.3) the top HS DB prospect to get a chance to start early as well as some pt at wr as well as JUCO player DeAngelo Willingham (6'1, 200, 4.35) will be penciled in first team at one db position.

I think 10-2 possibly 11-1 but most of all it depends on how the ball bounces on gameday!

QUOTE(Sequatchie @ May 5 2007 - 01:30 AM) 826452260[/snapback]I think they should have a very good year and will probably be picked to win the SEC East.

The only concern I have is at WR & in the defensive back field.

Quintin Hancock & Josh Briscoe could end up being stars and Lucas Taylor needs step up and be a go to guy. Its good that they will be getting Austin Rogers back he is solid possession receiver who also has speed. It might be just a matter of time before those guys are playing behind the young guns. Once the following guys get there.

kenny O'Neal (6'0, 195, 4.26) = Played his freshmen year at Florida State and last season at a SF JUCO.

Brent Vinson (6'2, 193, 4.4) = Played last season at prep school where he become one of the top prep school layers in the country.

Ahmad Paige (6'3, 192, 4.4) , Gerald Jones (6'2, 190, 4.47) = Both of these guys were Army All-American players and they both have the size and speed.

On the defense Tennessee loses Demetrice Morley and R. Fellows both would have been starting.

Look for Eric Berry (6'1, 195, 4.3) the top HS DB prospect to get a chance to start early as well as some pt at wr as well as JUCO player DeAngelo Willingham (6'1, 200, 4.35) will be penciled in first team at one db position.

I think 10-2 possibly 11-1 but most of all it depends on how the ball bounces on gameday!

But how did Vinson perform in football? Where'd he go? Brick Masonry Prep?, Chicken Farmers Institute? or maybe Carpet Installers Academy?? I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it.

I guess I am still the only person not overly optimistic about the upcomign season. Here's why.

1. We all know what happened the last time Ainge came off of an injury. How's he going to respond to his knee when the big nasties are coming at him. He really never looked the same last year after he was injured. I don't know how much was injury and how much was psychology.

2. UT has had what I would call a "good" offensive line one time since 2001, and that was in 2004. This team is going to have to run the ball to be successful, and I'm not sold on this group up front to be able to open some holes for the backs.

3. No proven receivers. If there was one guy out there that was proven I would be happy. Trooper all but said he wasn't sold on these guys as the end of spring practice. Don't know how much I am really excited about banking on freshmen.

4. Even tinkering with a 3-4 in the spring makes me realize out depth at D-tackles is really that bad. Games are won and lost on the line, and just like the O-line, I'm not sold on our D-line either, especially they way they were mandandled at times last year.

5. Kicking game. General Neyland made it a maxium. It's that important. Having an unproven kicker is not a good thing, ever.

I've told my wife over and over. Coming back from Starkville, this team will be 3-3, if not 2-4, and 0-3 in the SEC coming off the upset loss to the Bulldogs. That next week there will be a press conference where Fulmer annoucnes he will retire at the end of the season. I could see next season being as bad as 4-8.

But on a bright note, glad to see that Jim Bob will be sticking around as a grad assistant. "Coach Cooter" has a nice ring to it.