EAST vs. GREENEVILLE

IMAC_5

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:29 AM) 826412785[/snapback]Greenway pitched four innings of 1 run 3 hit ball. (He is Greenevilles ace, not cutshaw and for sure not Knight, Cody Duncan is probably greenevilles 2nd best pitcher)

Cutshaw came in in the fifth and gave up four earned runs in 3 innings. Also with men on first and second GHS's CF made a play at the warning track to save the game.

Cutshaw is probably Greeneville's fourth or fifth best For sure not 1 or 2 and probably not three.

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Mar 27 2007 - 09:05 AM) 826423713[/snapback]Young D but also a Senior pitcher who really has a tendency to give up the long ball. Most of the time in uncalled for pitches on 0-2 counts. Good game by Knight last night as long as his D plays for him and he keeps the ball in the park he is tough.

Ok, BowBow, everyone knows who you are. Seems like you would be supporting your teammates instead of getting on here and trashing them. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job by the Greene Devils in this series. In the first game they got several hits and they came in ready and swinging the bats well. East did not play really good defense and that helped Greeneville score a few runs as well. In the second game Greeneville came in flat and East was the team ready to play and put runs up early and went on to a 7-2 win. In the final game of the series, Nick Greene and Jordan Greenway both pitched excellent games. Greene was relieved by Bullington who pitched well also. Greenway's pitching line was 7 innings, 3 hits, 2 runs, 0 earned runs, 9 K's, 0 BB. East had 3 hits and Greeneville 5.

As for the stupid stuff about who is the ace and who might give up a home run on a 0-2 pitch well looking at the pitching stats Ryan Fillers has the lowest ERA from a starter at 1.05 so does that make him the ace? He may be but who really cares who the ace is? I feel that all these guys as everyone has their moments and can be very effective. Looking at the fielding stats we have 37 errors in ten games played 3.7 per game and that is more reason of concern as far as I see it. And as always these thoughts are just my opinion.

QUOTE(GREENEDEVILMOM @ Mar 26 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826423538[/snapback]Turned out to be a pretty good game. A little sloppy on the East side, but hey we'll take a win anytime we can get one. 16 hits for Greeneville. Hopefully the bats will stay hot for the double header tomorrow.

What pitching does East have after Collins?

Your right. EAST did play like crap. They made 8 errors and mental mistakes. But in my opinion, they will be good around tourney time. For pitching, Collins had a back problem all last year and had to quit summer ball. SO that made him unable to pitch from May to Nov. He is just trying to find his location again and working on off speed. PLus east has Nick Greene who has stepped up big this year, Jeremey Dickerson who is throwing the ball well, Walker Bullington who is a great relief pitcher, Jake Ellison who has some pepper for a freshman. I just think when Collins get his Strength back and back on track and EAST starts making some plays they will be hard to beat.

QUOTE(gogreeneorgohome @ Mar 27 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826424160[/snapback]Ok, BowBow, everyone knows who you are. Seems like you would be supporting your teammates instead of getting on here and trashing them. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

dont know what your talking about but nobody has trashed anybody that is just someones opinion. Even Greeneville's coach tells people that "this pitcher" gives up too many home run balls and base hits on 0-2 counts. So go tell him what you think. Someone stating their opinion is not trashing them if they said this guy stinks he cant pitch at all and called out players that were making errors that would be bad mouthing, and as far as the pitching goes Greenway is # 1 with Knight behind him and Cody Duncan next, as of right now. But there was never any trashing of anybody, just facts.

QUOTE(IMAC_5 @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826424628[/snapback]Your right. EAST did play like crap. They made 8 errors and mental mistakes. But in my opinion, they will be good around tourney time. For pitching, Collins had a back problem all last year and had to quit summer ball. SO that made him unable to pitch from May to Nov. He is just trying to find his location again and working on off speed. PLus east has Nick Greene who has stepped up big this year, Jeremey Dickerson who is throwing the ball well, Walker Bullington who is a great relief pitcher, Jake Ellison who has some pepper for a freshman. I just think when Collins get his Strength back and back on track and EAST starts making some plays they will be hard to beat.

Dont make excuses. Greeneville just flat out hit the ball against him. Greeneville has a kid playing on varsity who is a pitcher/IF that had knee surgery this summer to replace the cartlidge in his knee and couldnt do any type of training from May to January, then had the same injury to his other knee in a preseason scrimmage. He is out there chugging along not making excuses. Excuses are like a bu**hole...everyone has them...

QUOTE(orange~is~tradition @ Mar 28 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826424809[/snapback]dont know what your talking about but nobody has trashed anybody that is just someones opinion. Even Greeneville's coach tells people that "this pitcher" gives up too many home run balls and base hits on 0-2 counts. So go tell him what you think. Someone stating their opinion is not trashing them if they said this guy stinks he cant pitch at all and called out players that were making errors that would be bad mouthing, and as far as the pitching goes Greenway is # 1 with Knight behind him and Cody Duncan next, as of right now. But there was never any trashing of anybody, just facts.

Maybe the coach needs to quit running his mouth and step up his game and work on the problem. Seems like "this pitcher" is the work load of the team. If the coach has a problem with the pitch selection/ location, then he needs to "COACH" and help the kid out. The more he helps out "this pitcher" the more "this pitcher" can help out the team. And it seems to me they need all the help they can get. Plus from the games I have seen "this pitcher" isnt the only one giving up the long ball, so it must be a TEAM problem, and that falls back on coaching.

QUOTE(gogreeneorgohome @ Mar 28 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826424961[/snapback]Maybe the coach needs to quit running his mouth and step up his game and work on the problem. Seems like "this pitcher" is the work load of the team. If the coach has a problem with the pitch selection/ location, then he needs to "COACH" and help the kid out. The more he helps out "this pitcher" the more "this pitcher" can help out the team. And it seems to me they need all the help they can get. Plus from the games I have seen "this pitcher" isnt the only one giving up the long ball, so it must be a TEAM problem, and that falls back on coaching.

Who calls the pitches? Coach, Pitcher, Catcher who? That could play a role in that as well as location of the pitch. But even if the catcher calls for the ball outside and low it might come inside and high and if the hitter catches the mistake it could be sent long. Most homers are hit due to pitching mistakes or the hitter guessing the pitch anyway don't they?