Preds and playoffs

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 6 2007 - 08:19 AM) 826431234[/snapback]Need some break down on the game, as I was at a previous engagement.

MUCH, MUCH, needed victory. Do the same at Colorado and I'll feel better. Mason in goal for that one?

Good to see Harts back on the ice.

Do they have any shot at getting home ice, or has Detroit wrapped it up?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 6 2007 - 09:19 AM) 826431234[/snapback]Need some break down on the game, as I was at a previous engagement.

MUCH, MUCH, needed victory. Do the same at Colorado and I'll feel better. Mason in goal for that one?

Good to see Harts back on the ice.

It was a much better effort, imo. Except for a puck shot at the end of the first period that TV didn't seem to see, the Blues didn't apply too much pressure. We still seemed a little mechanical in our attack but it was better. We put in a few offensive wrinkles to get Zids on track and we got some open shots. Funny thing appeared to happen, Kariya, imo, has seemed a little to lax to me, possibly saving a little in the tank for a playoff run, but he got his 500th assist during the game, they put it on the Jumbotron and he got a standing ovation.... He looked up, cause he was on the jumbotron, and he seemed motivate him, he had that extra step the rest of the game. Funny how emotion can affect you and I try to remember that we got a lot of young guys and even the old guys on the team are just in their early 30's. Confidence and emotion....When this team plays with it, they are different.

The PP appeared better, especially with Harts taking residence in front of the goalie. Better puck movement, better positioning... I still do not like the lines Trotz trots out there.

1) Leggy, Kariya, Tootoo

2) Forsburg, Rads, Fids

3) Arnott, Dumont, Harts

4) Smithson, Hordi, Nichol

Its as if Trotz is attempting to balance the lines and to me he is creating average lines, nothing to get the opposition all worked up about.

I want to see: Forsburg, Kariya, Rads

Arnott, Dumont, Harts

Leggy, Fids, (nichol/ Toots)

Smithson, Hordi, (nichol/Toots)

Gives us a real fast line, a big line, kinda throws Leggy to the wolves, and the bang line which ALWAYS revves up the crowd....Give Leggy some shifts with Kariya.... I like these lines if we play San Jose...Trotz can put Arnott, Dumont and Harts out there with Cheechoo and Thorton so they cannot bully us in the corners. The Forsburg line would kill the San Jose Marlou (sp) line, imo.

Now, if Erat comes back healthy....He jumps up there with Forsburg and Kariya, Rads with Leggy... I like it....

QUOTE(rapbwood @ Apr 6 2007 - 04:46 PM) 826431473[/snapback]Alexander Radulov is one heck of player with his work shown on the goal scored. He is going to be great for the future of this club and fast becoming one of my favorites. It's great to getting Hartnell back.

Rads is a pure scorer..... He is gonna be 40 + for us, maybe next year. Give him time to mature physically and he is gonna be tough on the competition...The goal he scored was a scorers goal.

QUOTE(dandy82 @ Apr 6 2007 - 05:00 PM) 826431482[/snapback]Rads is a pure scorer..... He is gonna be 40 + for us, maybe next year. Give him time to mature physically and he is gonna be tough on the competition...The goal he scored was a scorers goal.

The two first fakes…hitting the puck, stopping the puck, hitting the puck, and stopping the puck pulled the goalie down onto the ice to block the puck. The third hit going on top with the puck was too sweet. It was amazing Radulov did this so quickly. I seldom seen it done like this before. I compare it to a running back running full hilt, stopping in his tracks, making a move laterally, and taking off in a different direction while the opposing player is grasping for air. A major talent to fake a goalie into a different direction than the puck is going. No wonder he has become the first shooter in shootouts.

QUOTE(CHS 2007 @ Apr 7 2007 - 05:38 PM) 826431984[/snapback]San Jose is losing 3-2 to Vancouver right now.

San Jose lost on overtime. So we are assured 4th and we will play San Jose in the first round. Our games will start in Nashville either wednesday or thursday nite. san Jose took us apart last year.... It is payback time, imho.

Interesting twist tonight against Colorado...If Colorado beats us tonight and Edmonton beats calgary tonight, then Calgary and Colorado play the last game of the year and the winner makes the playoffs....