Preds and playoffs

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 12 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826435696[/snapback]Bleery-eyed thoughts from the game last night:

-Zids and Hammy need to have better games. Turnovers down low, or being out of position killed us.

-We're still small compared to the Sharks. It is an issue in this series

-Not having Sully hurts as we lose some speed advantage against a bigger team

-Scott H's hit on Cheechow was unfortunate, but not a suspendable offense. No way did he do it intentionally. No way was it worthy of a game misconduct.

-The ref's (as the Small Time Rock Stars put it) must be from San Jose. We were getting destroyed by their calls. First period alone we doubled the penalty minutes.

-Radulov brought energy to the ice- others didn't.

-I didn't think the defense played a strong game last night. That is where there size hurts us. They consistently keep four guys in the neutral zone to slow us down. We did a better job than the past few weeks, but we've got to make something happen strategically.

-For anyone who doubts what Forsburg brings to the game, does not watch what he does and does not understand hockey. His passes are works of art, he plays with grit and attitude, absolutely knows all of the tricks, and we could use a few more like him. He is a Superstar, even at his stage of his career. There was a definite buzz when his line went out there.

-Midway through the third, I thought we had no chance and was ready to go home. Rads, then

Webber/Dumont bring it home. I felt we outplayed them in the first OT, looked flat in the second OT.

-HAVE TO WIN FRIDAY or we are toast!

We gave up two goals because we never covered the wing in front of TV.... Defensive breakdowns....We also made the same mistakes in the first minutes of OT, but the Sharks messed the plays up.

Rads is not supposed to understand this yet, but he took his game to a different level.... having Foppa out there with him probably doesn't hurt, but his moves with the puck, uncanny.... Every time he touched the puck, you could feel the electricty in the building.... He is gonna be out first legit 40+ guy....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 12 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826435696[/snapback]Bleery-eyed thoughts from the game last night:

-Zids and Hammy need to have better games. Turnovers down low, or being out of position killed us.

-We're still small compared to the Sharks. It is an issue in this series

-Not having Sully hurts as we lose some speed advantage against a bigger team

-Scott H's hit on Cheechow was unfortunate, but not a suspendable offense. No way did he do it intentionally. No way was it worthy of a game misconduct.

-The ref's (as the Small Time Rock Stars put it) must be from San Jose. We were getting destroyed by their calls. First period alone we doubled the penalty minutes.

-Radulov brought energy to the ice- others didn't.

-I didn't think the defense played a strong game last night. That is where there size hurts us. They consistently keep four guys in the neutral zone to slow us down. We did a better job than the past few weeks, but we've got to make something happen strategically.

-For anyone who doubts what Forsburg brings to the game, does not watch what he does and does not understand hockey. His passes are works of art, he plays with grit and attitude, absolutely knows all of the tricks, and we could use a few more like him. He is a Superstar, even at his stage of his career. There was a definite buzz when his line went out there.

-Midway through the third, I thought we had no chance and was ready to go home. Rads, then

Webber/Dumont bring it home. I felt we outplayed them in the first OT, looked flat in the second OT.

-HAVE TO WIN FRIDAY or we are toast!

We gave up two goals because we never covered the wing in front of TV.... Defensive breakdowns....We also made the same mistakes in the first minutes of OT, but the Sharks messed the plays up.

Rads is not supposed to understand this yet, but he took his game to a different level.... having Foppa out there with him probably doesn't hurt, but his moves with the puck, uncanny.... Every time he touched the puck, you could feel the electricty in the building.... He is gonna be out first legit 40+ guy....

Without Foppa, the Sharks would skewer us... He is the best passer and see's the ice as good as anyone.... He knows how to approach guys from behind, not hook, and take the puck.... Plus, he IS Peter Forsburg, so he normally will not get the ticky tac stuff called against him...

We were outplayed in the first, came out in the 2nd on fire, but imo, relaxed and gave up some... We dominated the 3rd and the OT periods...But relax for one moment in the playoffs and you lose...

I'll take our chances in OT the rest of the series. The Sharks were weary and did not attack us offensively or defensively in the Overtimes, but we made the mistake and we obviously did not bury out opportunities.

We gotta win friday, or my trip to San Jose will be a long one.

There is nothing like playoff hockey..... The crowd was amazing, especially during the Sharks 5 on 3.... I believe we willed then into the shorty....

Sharks gooned it up at the end and it will be interesting if the league hands out suspensions.... If you are the instigator in the last 5 minutes in a game, you are supposed to be gone the next... Sharks got the instigator....Sharks went after Harts at the end...They have no class at all... Harts will now probably miss a game because of it....

Alexander Radulov is freakin' amazing.... he wants to be on the ice and he wants the puck....

Well, see you guys next week...Look for me, I'll be in the Mustard cheering in section 121..... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />