400 meter dash/4x4-who will win

cosbytrackxc

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 26 2007 - 07:46 PM) 826423283[/snapback]4x4 wise look for Brainerd, and Austin East as well as Elizabethton. Don't know about middle or west.

I think the 4x4 to beat in the east this year is going to be Gibbs. They looked really strong, and seem to be pretty motivated. I wouldn't be surprised if they were under 3:25 before seasons end.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Mar 26 2007 - 06:46 PM) 826423283[/snapback]4x4 wise look for Brainerd, and Austin East as well as Elizabethton. Don't know about middle or west.

usual suspects in the middle, mlk probably tops if everyone is healthy and sectionals isnt the same night as graduation, that was their problem last year, and hume foggs the year before

my guess is in the west it will be the usual people also, mitchell is always the favorite

QUOTE(Wareag1e @ Mar 26 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826423310[/snapback]I think the 4x4 to beat in the east this year is going to be Gibbs. They looked really strong, and seem to be pretty motivated. I wouldn't be surprised if they were under 3:25 before seasons end.

I agree. Gibbs looked tough. They finished well last year and I think they are much faster this year. It wouldn't surprise me to see Seymour pull out some good races. I haven't seen them yet this year, but all of their legs had great indoor seasons. Williamson's final leg makes me want to compare them to Gibbs and Spencer Porter.

QUOTE(willwinstate @ Mar 28 2007 - 08:33 AM) 826424675[/snapback]qiuck question- what is a good time for a sophmore in the open 400?

sub 50 will get you to state in a/aa, unless ur in the east then its usually more like 51-52. winner at state is usually low49-high48

in aaa state winner is usually like a high 47

in d2 state winner is usually low to mid 48 (this year it will be much faster, ba alone will probably have 2 guys possibly under 48, but thats the usual winning time)

all of these times fluctuate year to year those are just kind of estimates

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Mar 28 2007 - 03:35 PM) 826425055[/snapback]sub 50 will get you to state in a/aa, unless ur in the east then its usually more like 51-52. winner at state is usually low49-high48

in aaa state winner is usually like a high 47

in d2 state winner is usually low to mid 48 (this year it will be much faster, ba alone will probably have 2 guys possibly under 48, but thats the usual winning time)

all of these times fluctuate year to year those are just kind of estimates

Two guys under 48 for BA is a stretch, one is very possible in Chris Vaughn though. Ben Davies, who I assume is your other sub-48 prediction, will more than likely not touch the open 400 outside of the decathlon come May. You'll only be seeing him in the 300m hurdles, where he will likely be sub-38.

QUOTE(endangered_species @ Mar 28 2007 - 07:38 PM) 826425192[/snapback]Two guys under 48 for BA is a stretch, one is very possible in Chris Vaughn though. Ben Davies, who I assume is your other sub-48 prediction, will more than likely not touch the open 400 outside of the decathlon come May. You'll only be seeing him in the 300m hurdles, where he will likely be sub-38.

yes Ben Davies was my other person and I know he will not be running the open 4 at state because of the 300H i was just making a point the DII is having a good year in the 400. I'm assuming davies will still be on their 4x4 at state. i remember that 300H from cordova two years ago simeon harris i think it was ran that sick 300 time, 36.xx, then followed it up with a sub47 anchor leg on the 4x4. that kid was a horse

wow i am kind of amazed, you think a good time for a sophmore is SUB 50.00! i have been to alot of track meets in my life mostly because my mom is a high school track coach, but i myself am a sophmore and i run right at a 54.00 400 and have not seen anyone my age run that time. just wondering who you have seen do this. and is 54 for a sophmore possible to come down to a 49- 51. or were all the sub 50 guys already running way better when they were sophmores?

QUOTE(WestTNtrack @ Mar 29 2007 - 11:34 AM) 826425758[/snapback]MUS has a guy named Lee Moore who ran 37.56 in the Hurdles then split 47.75 in the 4x400. I think he got 6th in the 400 at Nike Indoors.

He actually finished third, running a 49.69 in the 400. Where did he come from? He wasn't on the radar last year for MUS.