Farragut Baseball

braves4life

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DaCoach @ Apr 2 2007 - 09:32 PM) 826428634[/snapback]Hey all you Farragut fans, is Tommy Pharr not on of the absolute best baseball coaches in the state of Tennessee! In fact, I would say one of the best in the country! He coached my nephew at Monterey, his first high school job in Tennessee, and he did a fantastic job. I know all you Concord people have to know just how good you all have it! Am I right or what? He is the only coach I know that as a coach myself, I can watch him coach a game and take away something that he either did or how he handeled a player or a situtation that would make me a better coach. And I coach football. Coach Pharr is CLASS! That's the best word to describe him, 100% Class!!!!!!!!!

You are absolutely correct about Coach Pharr. In his nine years at Farragut, every team has reached the state quarterfinals. Three state championships, three state runner-ups, seven district tournament championships, eight region championships, and he makes his players better people as well as better baseball players.

QUOTE(nowthatsfunny @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:42 AM) 826428833[/snapback]You are absolutely correct about Coach Pharr. In his nine years at Farragut, every team has reached the state quarterfinals. Three state championships, three state runner-ups, seven district tournament championships, eight region championships, and he makes his players better people as well as better baseball players.

i have to agree....i have never talked to the man never met him or ne thing...but i have watched him coach the past three years going to South Doyle farragut games and willyb farragut games and beardan and farragut games and he defintly has it under control....they have a great program

Well, whomever decides to come out of this area (Knoxville) will have an upper East TN team to beat before they ever make it back to State. Farragut got beat by Science Hill and almost by DB. Even though Wm. Blount beat DB in the SportsBelle.....which I consider a fluke.....they will not the next time WB meets DB. DB did not use their top pitchers in the Sportsbelle. None of the teams in Knoxville has seen DB's top pitchers....YET! Science Hill has some good pitchers that can get the job done when they need to. So, whomever comes out on top in Knoxville you better be ready to face Upper East TN to go anywhere.

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ Apr 11 2007 - 07:55 AM) 826434673[/snapback]

Well, whomever decides to come out of this area (Knoxville) will have an upper East TN team to beat before they ever make it back to State. Farragut got beat by Science Hill and almost by DB. Even though Wm. Blount beat DB in the SportsBelle.....which I consider a fluke.....they will not the next time WB meets DB. DB did not use their top pitchers in the Sportsbelle. None of the teams in Knoxville has seen DB's top pitchers....YET! Science Hill has some good pitchers that can get the job done when they need to. So, whomever comes out on top in Knoxville you better be ready to face Upper East TN to go anywhere.

I believe your ideas have been clouded a bit by Ms. Cleo aka WaJaCo. The so-called #6 team in the nation came down to the Sportsbelle and lost twice. By the way, the loss to WB was not a fluke. WB was really hot that week- they beat Anderson Co. and South Doyle (two of the top teams in the state). And I know you are not talking about Science Hill- they came down to the Sportsbelle and overall got dominated- plain and simple. And don't forget about last year... and the year before... and the year before... and the year before... and the year before... Ohhhh please don't make me keep going on with the list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ Apr 11 2007 - 09:55 AM) 826434673[/snapback]

who pitched for DB when they lost to Farragut? their #2?

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 12 2007 - 04:17 PM) 826436063[/snapback]who pitched for DB when they lost to Farragut? their #2?

Actually, they started a pitcher that was like their 4 or 5 because he cannot stay in the rotation long enough because of shoulder problems. He still hasn't hit the mound since that game because he was pitching with a half torn labrum. If he wouldn't have had shoulder problems and could have went the whole game then he would have. He actually had the win too until the #2 had to come in. D-B's coachs knew he would go the whole game when they started him in the first place. What starter did we see from you all? Give some respect and stop down talking the great program they have, much like yourselves.

Farragut , Wm. Blount and other teams saw #'s 4, 5, 6 and/or 7 pitchers for DB. Like I said earlier. Knoxville better be ready. As for Science Hill, Knoxville teams did not see their best either. Science Hill and DB are part of Big 9 Conference and both teams had conference games Monday/Tuesday after they played in the SportsBelle. Winning was not important (but it would have been nice), getting playing time was. Both Coaches of those teams were smart to not let Knoxville teams see their best. DB and Science Hill knows what pitching Knoxille teams have. Respect needs to be shown toward these two good programs because they deserve it.

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ Apr 13 2007 - 06:14 AM) 826436481[/snapback]Farragut , Wm. Blount and other teams saw #'s 4, 5, 6 and/or 7 pitchers for DB. Like I said earlier. Knoxville better be ready. As for Science Hill, Knoxville teams did not see their best either. Science Hill and DB are part of Big 9 Conference and both teams had conference games Monday/Tuesday after they played in the SportsBelle. Winning was not important (but it would have been nice), getting playing time was. Both Coaches of those teams were smart to not let Knoxville teams see their best. DB and Science Hill knows what pitching Knoxille teams have. Respect needs to be shown toward these two good programs because they deserve it.

/are you stupid enought to think that Farragut and the other schools you played did not have to play conference after the sportsbelle also, and I know it must tough on you guys in that super hard conference you play in(thats sarcasm if you didn't notice), i am not sure you guys would finish in the top 3 in Farragut , Bearden, South Doyles and William Blounts Conference( i don't give a crap how many teams you all beat up there in weak upper east tn).