Artificial Turf

SpeedyGonzo

QUOTE(wildcatrowdy @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826426151[/snapback]Heard from several goalkeepers that the rubber particles will often get into the eyes of keepers.

that is true and very annoying, but that isn't the only place it gets into. I do not think I need to go into further details.

QUOTE(GK2008 @ Mar 31 2007 - 04:51 PM) 826427227[/snapback]our team just finished playing a game at christan brothers and there turf field is very nice, i dont know about the rest of our guys but i wish we could play all of our games on turf fields it makes for a much faster and even game

Very interesting.

Creighton has a field that mixes both. Natural grass around the perimeter, the artificial stuff in the diamond area that gets worn by the heaviest traffic.

With soccer fields at such a premium in Tennessee, I guess we will see more of these in the future that can accomadate football and soccer

I played on it for a week at tusculm soccer camp during the summer, but i loved it. Fast ball movement, less stress and all in all better control of the ball. You don't have to worry about small patches of rough grass or bald spots on the articial whereas on the regular grass they can be a major factor in a game. It's expensive but nice very nice to have.

QUOTE(TheBigPenquin @ Mar 31 2007 - 10:28 PM) 826427324[/snapback]I played on it for a week at tusculm soccer camp during the summer, but i loved it. Fast ball movement, less stress and all in all better control of the ball. You don't have to worry about small patches of rough grass or bald spots on the articial whereas on the regular grass they can be a major factor in a game. It's expensive but nice very nice to have.

Tusculum has the best turf surface I've ever played on, but it is still made for indoor soccer. Teams should not play seasonal games on turf. The ball moves faster, which makes it easier for teams to play straight passes and have a fast forward run onto the ball. The turf gives an advantage to the team with more speed.