Brentwood Academy track can not be touched... Try to prve me wrong.

swats

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(volsgreen1 @ Apr 4 2007 - 05:56 PM) 826430127[/snapback]Any school could do that if they were able to recruit like BA does. I know everyone will deny it, but there is no way that all of the athletes they have come there without being recruited by the school first.

yeah Andrew bumbalough was so recruited as a 5th grader to come to BA...bringing that argument up with track is laughable...nearly all of the BA's main scores are BA legacys (either parents or siblings)...Harper is clearly the class of the state when it comes to coaching...go crawl back in your hole

First of All MBA really has no chance against BA, those relays don't mean anyting. BA didn't have their A 4x1 and who even cares about the 4x2. MBA didn't have any sprinters last year, and I haven't heard of anyone yet who can beat Vaughn or Ford. The only person who has a chance at that is Evan Ellison from McCallie. Brentwood is returning pretty much their whole team, and is going to be very hard to beat at state. If anyone does it would be MUS for two reasons. First their west region is extremely weak and they will have at least 1 person in every event at state. Second they have a very strong team. Their 4x1 has run sub 43 twice already (however they lost to BA at state), their 4x400 will win state. Ken haltom is probably the best in the 1600 and 3200, and It looks like Moore will be able to beat davies in the 300h. If I had to guess, Brentwood will bring home the title like every year.

QUOTE(statebound07 @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826429303[/snapback]BA is very good. Ben Davies, Tye Ford and the rest of the crew there are a solid team. But i think this year is MBA's year. If you were at the Highland Games you saw why, they dominated most of the field events and have some pretty good runners who will be able to put up points at state. I give this years state title to MBA

I hope you know that BA brought almost none of their A team people to the meet and most of the field events BA was using many people who would not regularly do these field events in big meets, MBA will get stopped by BA as usual, frankly i give MBA very little chance, BA has almost the same team back from last year and MBA couldn't do much about it last year and this year will be much of the same

Okay BA may take it to MBA in sprints but if you look at field events MBA takes it easy.

Shot put- Ben Bartholomew is the returning state champ and by the looks of it has a pretty good supporting cast behind him

Discus- Up in the air, either school could take it.

Pole Vault- Waddey jumped 14'6 a couple of days and they have two other vaulers who they say will be 13'6+ jumpers by years end.

High Jump- Only one that BA beats MBA that is if Ben jumps well.

Long Jump- Patrick Crum is now a 22+ long jumpers with E.J between 19-20.

As for running events i dont know. BA can win but MBA can get more points by depth.

MBA needs to hope that Tompkins can get healthy and try to repeat in the hurdles /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(statebound07 @ Apr 5 2007 - 08:05 PM) 826430969[/snapback]Okay BA may take it to MBA in sprints but if you look at field events MBA takes it easy.

Shot put- Ben Bartholomew is the returning state champ and by the looks of it has a pretty good supporting cast behind him

Discus- Up in the air, either school could take it.

Pole Vault- Waddey jumped 14'6 a couple of days and they have two other vaulers who they say will be 13'6+ jumpers by years end.

High Jump- Only one that BA beats MBA that is if Ben jumps well.

Long Jump- Patrick Crum is now a 22+ long jumpers with E.J between 19-20.

As for running events i dont know. BA can win but MBA can get more points by depth.

MBA needs to hope that Tompkins can get healthy and try to repeat in the hurdles /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I really thought it was a minor upset for BA to beat MBA last year, but they had some guys come up big at state. That always seems to happen.

How is Tompkins coming along? It was really sad to see him get injured. He's a tremendous athlete.

QUOTE(swats @ Apr 1 2007 - 08:50 PM) 826428008[/snapback]Nobody can catch them.

Man centennial does damage to that TRACK bru....4x100 coffey(jr), scales(soph), harris(fr),and fastest dude in mid TN barlow(sr). Yall can't hang with use on track. we doing grown man stuff... only thing we need is some more field event people and we be straight....just a lil HINT OUT THERE..we finna do some record braking times out at state. Thats real talk, Now what yall say bout that? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

sorry but all Centenial has is a 4X1 team and a couple of good sprinters but that is besides the point

Question about the Hartmon results: I saw in the paper that a kid from BGA jumpe 6'4. Ive been around DII track for a while and I know that last year BGA didnt have a 6'4 high jumper. Is this a misprint or did it happen?

Next i saw a girl from Brentwood run a 10.6 100. umm Misprint? Major Tail Wind? or do we have the next world class sprinter on hand?

QUOTE(statebound07 @ Apr 6 2007 - 06:51 AM) 826431211[/snapback]sorry but all Centenial has is a 4X1 team and a couple of good sprinters but that is besides the point

Question about the Hartmon results: I saw in the paper that a kid from BGA jumpe 6'4. Ive been around DII track for a while and I know that last year BGA didnt have a 6'4 high jumper. Is this a misprint or did it happen?

Next i saw a girl from Brentwood run a 10.6 100. umm Misprint? Major Tail Wind? or do we have the next world class sprinter on hand?

bga has a freshman jumper. ryan bristol. hes really tall and did jump 6' 4". bet he will get higher before the end of the season. hes also a goalie on the soccer team.

QUOTE(JuhaV??t?inen @ Apr 4 2007 - 05:19 PM) 826430111[/snapback]BA will be limited by who they run on the relays at regionals...if they run vaughn and ford on the 4x1 and 4x2 look out

mba?

i dont see them getting anyone out in the 800-3200, while BA probably gets at least 2 in the 800 and 3200 and probably 3 in the 1600

doug hall will certainly give us a better idea

Ok so Brentwood Academy is good but when you say Doug Hall, I doubt BA will be able to come out on top this year. The events where BA has their strengths will be mostly won by other teams(4x1, 4x2, 4x4, SH, lj, pv). People keep mentioning MBA who is exceptionally well this year and may have a chance at winning this competition. The Highland Games showed me a little bit of what both teams' potential can be as solid track teams but i doubt all of BA's runners where there(Tyree Ford being one of them). This will be an interesting year watching both of these teams go at it.