a/aa high jump

hvballer19

QUOTE(GotSpeed @ Apr 10 2007 - 12:36 PM) 826433978[/snapback]Thank You. You seem to have the inside info and the track world. I have a son new to the track world and was just curious how he matched up. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

lookin for a new state record? what's the kid's name?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(silencekit @ Apr 20 2007 - 10:18 AM) 826441728[/snapback]lookin for a new state record? what's the kid's name?

Not looking for the record,I can look at them on the TSSAA web site and there not broke yearly. I'm just trying to see what the averages are. Jonathan Lyons is is name.

jonathon lyons is at this point the best high jumper in the state............. that is an opinion so dont jump down my throat on that one....... he started this year and has never jumped before, he has horrible form and clears the heights based on pure athletic ability, he jumped 6'5 at sullivan east a few weeks ago and should impress many in the weeks to follow with conference sectionals and state............. o and i would look for him to make a good impact on the decathlon as well

have u heard any more inside news on any high jumpers in the state conig?

QUOTE(GotSpeed @ Apr 21 2007 - 02:22 PM) 826442419[/snapback]Not looking for the record,I can look at them on the TSSAA web site and there not broke yearly. I'm just trying to see what the averages are. Jonathan Lyons is is name.

my bad i meant to quote the guy from jo byrns. just curious, what does HV stand for and which section is it in?

QUOTE(silencekit @ Apr 23 2007 - 07:13 PM) 826443718[/snapback]my bad i meant to quote the guy from jo byrns. just curious, what does HV stand for and which section is it in?

happy valley in the east section and hes all they got believe me and i think if he really jumped 6 7 6 8 he would be at some bigger meets then what he goes too even thought i do hear he is good

QUOTE(etowntrack21 @ Apr 23 2007 - 06:50 PM) 826443743[/snapback]happy valley in the east section and hes all they got believe me and i think if he really jumped 6 7 6 8 he would be at some bigger meets then what he goes too even thought i do hear he is good

From what i hear he started track this year for the fun and conditioning, He has all ready received a scholarship in football, He did say he wished he had competed in track before his senior year, although i would like to see him competing at more events.

QUOTE(The_Enforcer @ Apr 24 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826444291[/snapback]From what i hear he started track this year for the fun and conditioning, He has all ready received a scholarship in football, He did say he wished he had competed in track before his senior year, although i would like to see him competing at more events.

YEA he did receive a football scholarship yea he should have started track before his senoir year but he does go to hampton and runs track for HV and im sure he never thought bout that until someone talked to him bout it anad hows the other boy HV talked into throwing shot for them from hampton DJ OLIVER ?

QUOTE(ajw @ Apr 28 2007 - 07:44 AM) 826447371[/snapback]did the kid from hv go to the decathalon if he did he got out jumped by Harrison Smith of Knox catholic he went about 6'8 or 6'9. and some kid from hv went out at 6'6

He did, and Harrison beat him @ 6-8 Lyons cleared 6-6 and jus missed 6-8, Should be interesting to see how they do in regional and state.