Who is the fastes sprinter in Tennesse

volsgreen1

QUOTE(WestTNtrack @ Apr 30 2007 - 07:05 PM) 826448614[/snapback]I just wanted to add that I'm nearly 100% sure that Gilreath's 47 and his 21 were both hand timed so they could be up to a second off. The common thing is to add the .24 seconds. Even with this he may be the fastest still in TN, but It does change things, him vs. Adrian Bentley, Chris Vaughn, or Lee Moore would all be very tight in the 400 or 200. James is an amazing 800 runner, and I hope he gets the state record.

don't forget about dickenson (or dickerson i dont remember) from hamilton. he went 48.6 fat in the decathlon. you gotta think he can probably go under 48 fresh. if i remember correctly the 400m is the final day 1 event so he probably wasn't completely exhausted or anything but he wasn't fresh by any means. someone correct me if i am wrong because i am no dec. expert

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow were they counting in their heads or something. no kid is going to just come out of nowhere to be one of the top 5 sprinters in US high school history i mean until 05 the national record was 10.15, this kid is probably an 11.2 fat runner at best but thats probably even a stretch. i'm going to hope this was a relay split because if someone is actually that slow with the stopwatch theres something wrong

QUOTE(headhunter79 @ May 5 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826452649[/snapback]

QUOTE(stealthccrunner3200 @ Apr 30 2007 - 07:32 AM) 826448181[/snapback]

but why?

Byron Massengill from franklin county runs the 100 in 10.2

That's total ########. I'm sorry, but if you are dumb enough to believe that, then I have already lost all respect for you and I don't even know who you are.

i am pretty sure the fastest sprinter in the U.S of A is none other than Cody Abshire of Coalfield he has some nasty speed that no one in the state of tennessee has ever seen before. he is about 6'8 and will out run anybody in the state.

QUOTE(jkk#22 @ May 9 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826455234[/snapback]i am pretty sure the fastest sprinter in the U.S of A is none other than Cody Abshire of Coalfield he has some nasty speed that no one in the state of tennessee has ever seen before. he is about 6'8 and will out run anybody in the state.

um im pretty sure the fastest in the nation are guy and nellum but im sure being 6'8 automatically makes an incredible sprinter i mean look at michael johnson and jeremy wariner and maurice green, they're all super tall arent they?

QUOTE(jkk#22 @ May 9 2007 - 08:23 AM) 826455234[/snapback]i am pretty sure the fastest sprinter in the U.S of A is none other than Cody Abshire of Coalfield he has some nasty speed that no one in the state of tennessee has ever seen before. he is about 6'8 and will out run anybody in the state.

Being tall actually would make you a slower sprinter. I'm not saying that all tall people are slow, but the fact that he is so tall does make his acceleration a lot slower, making it much harder to win a 100 or 200 meter race.

QUOTE(TrentDilfer? @ May 9 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826455558[/snapback]Being tall actually would make you a slower sprinter. I'm not saying that all tall people are slow, but the fact that he is so tall does make his acceleration a lot slower, making it much harder to win a 100 or 200 meter race.

im pretty sure he was kidding. actually i know he was kidding