AAU Team RANKINGS (get ready to argue?)

gomab2

There hasn't been a whole lot of activity on the Hoops board lately, so I thought I'd start up a thread that would be very interesting........

The following are my AAU/Summer Team Rankings....there is no precedent for this (no AP, etc), but I think it would be very interesting to rank, and then discuss the Rankings......Obviously there will be a lot of disagreement with these Rankings, but I put a lot of thought into them.....And as you all know, I coach the Midstate Ballerz, so you can obviously take that into consideration if you like, though I feel these are very impartial.......

17's--This group is weaker accross the state, but Stronger in East Tn, with Travelers, Yellowjackets, Steam, and Breakers 4 of the top 6.....

17's:

1)YOMCA

2)Tn Travelers

3)Memphis Lions

4)Tn Yellowjackets

5)Chattanooga Steam

6)Tn Breakers

7)Charles Davis Fdn

8)Columbia Bullets

9)Tn Thunder Select

10tie)Nashville Hawks

10tie)Midstate Ballerz

Honor:

Memphis Wildcats

Sumner Co Black Knights

Murfreesboro Nets

Tn Thunder Gold

16's--This is a very Strong age group, with YOMCA and Travelers best teams, some of the best in the country. Also, Breakers are great, with a very good Ballerz team thrown in with three top Memphis teams, and three top Middle Tn Teams.....

16's:

1)YOMCA

2)Tn Travelers

3)Tn Breakers

4)Midstate Ballerz

5)Memphis Bulldogs

6)Nashville Stallions

7)Memphis Idlewild

8)Whiteville Falcons

9)Columbia Bullets

10)Nashville Pacesetters

Honor:

Tn Soldiers

Clarksville Magic

Tn Tornadoes

Tn Thunder

Alcoa Ballers

15's--Age group is loaded with talented teams. Much weaker at the top comparitively to other age groups. Ballerz and Thunder are every bit as good in this group as YOMCA and Travelers, yet the number of talented teams here is astounding. Ballerz substate loss was a setback, but this is a quality age group....

15's

1)YOMCA Bulldogs

2)Tn Travelers

3)Midstate Ballerz

4)Tn Thunder

5)Memphis Rebels

6)Charles Davis Fdn

7)Raleigh-Egypt

8)Memphis Wildcats

9tie)Team Tennessee

9tie)Run 'n Gun

9tie)Nashville Royals

9tie)2nd Pres Blackhawks

Honor:

Memphis Idlewild

Knoxville Lakers

Columbia Bullets

Nashville Titans

[Edited by gomab2 on 5/14/02 7:55P]

[Edited by gomab2 on 5/16/02 10:24A]

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lilkobe

One quick question. When are the new player rankings coming out and how did you find out about Jamal Richardson from Maplewood High School.

Totally agree on the rankings. Except the Nashville Titans are not a strong team.

The new Rankings hopefully will be out before I leave for Arkansas friday.....

Coach Gamble first alerted me to Jamal, who is a really good player with a big heart (and was impressive vs Bearden).....

Yeah, the Titans are weak...we beat them this year in a "run the clock" game by 30+ points, but they made honorable mention because of their appearance in AAU State Tourney......

Thanks for the agreement...you will probably end up going on record as the only person on these boards to agree with me on these rankings (haha).......

Guest lilkobe

I am really disappointed that our teams are not going to be competing in the state. I have heard that you have a great team. But I figure it this way, it is good to lose early because once you don't make it in the state, you can't participate in the Super Regionals.

The only disagreement I have is that the Nashville Titans are on thier. I wasnt really impressed with them in substate but like you said they did make it to state so that's enough to have them on their. The Clarksville Magic 15u probably deserve a honorable mention at least..we've lost some close games to the top 10 on your list. we lost to the Nashville Royals saturday at TPS by 7 at the most in a 20 min running clock game. its funny because we made our run the last 2 mins of that game because they didnt hit free throws or take care of the ball down the stretch. Charles Davis Foundation beat us by 8 in the semis of Substate. I really have a lot of good to say about that bunch, they have good ingredients to go far. The Nashville Titans were in our pool during substate and we lost to them by 8 as well so my point is look for us (Clarksville Magic) the next time Rankings come out. By the way our most Notable win has come againist the Nashville Stallions 15u by 8, in a game where we were winning by 14 late in the game at one point.

However i was glad to see my 16u team made Honorable Mention so i guess i cant get greedy..haha We've had a good year so far, our next tournament will be in Tullahoma and we hope to come out on top of that. We may go to Louisville and play in the KY Hoopfest hosted by the legendery Eddie Ford. Thanks Gomab

Why do you have the Bullets rated below teams they have beaten. Is this just your opinion or do you base it on wins? What do you think of the young PG on their 15 and 16 team? I am always impressed by the Holt kid. He can shoot. They seem to work well as a team. They don't have any one player that really stands out. So as a team with as many wins it seems they might be higher. I must admit I haven't seen the Memphis teams play. Glad to see your ranking though, thanks for doing it.

TnBball......

There are just so many quality teams in the 15:u division, some had to be left off....Your 16:u team is very good, and I thought had a legit shot to make it out of substate past either Stallions or Pacesetters...

If you don't mind, could you email me with the info about the KY Hoopfest: I have been looking on how to get info on that tourney all year (I know Mike was looking into it). Thanks in advance.....and best of luck to ya'll for the rest of the year (hopefully we'll see ya'll in 15:u Nationals after it's all said and done).....

flyer....

The Bullets have a very good Program, led by my good ole friend McBee...they have been one of the big suprises of the Statewide AAU scene thus far.....

As for their placement, I think they are placed very accurately in the three age groups....they are not behind anyone they have beaten in the 16's and 17's rankings....In 15's, there is so much depth and quality amongst teams, that there is very little gap between #1 and even honorable mention......

McBee's grandson is a nice player....we were actually hoping he would give us a look at running PG for us, but he wanted to stay local and play it out with the Bullets. The kid can really play, though...

Gomab, you dont have to explain anything to me about the rankings and how you do them. I totally understand how hard it is to get around. The 15 age group is loaded with talented teams and i'm not gonna argue that. you do a great job of going around and seeing each team or knowing info about them. Well thanks for the complements about my 16u, I honestly think i have a good nucleus...we'll see what we can do with some of the best..its good exposure. But anyways, i'll email you right away with some info about it. Did you make it to the game when we played the Stallions? I Met Shawn Harris, good guy. look forward to talkin to him more..Hopefully your guys will play like they're capable and make it to Nationals here, so we can finally meet. Take it easy, TnBBall