AAU Team RANKINGS (get ready to argue?)

gomab2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to be able to rank these teams, but I haven't seen them play. This type of thing gets no publicity. I'm actually surprised there isn't more AAU info on this site.

How can I find out when and where these teams play. I know they play out of town a lot, but I would think they would have to play a fair amount in town too. I go to as many games as I can during the season, and then lose all contact during the summer. Any help with how I can find out more information on AAU - especially the Travelers - is appreciated.

On a side note, I was surprised to see that the Travelers didn't play at the Southern Invitational this weekend. I did see that the 15's played but none of the other teams. Does the same coach each age level?

Thanks for all your help.

The Travelers 15's played in the Southern Invitational this past weekend, but failed to make it out of Pool play, losing to the Richmond Squires (a top 4 or 6 team out of VA)......

I think the 16's and 17's Travelers played out in St. Louis this past weekend at the Eagles' tourney (Eagles went to the Travs tourney, so this is like returning the favor).....

Charlie Benson coaches the 17's Travelers, a guy named Ian coaches the 16's and a guy named Andy coaches the 15's......

As far as the Rankings go........

15's are wide open...much more so than the other age groups.....In this age group, a team like Tn Thunder or Midstate Ballerz, etc may be better than the Travelers or YOMCA (Memphis is spread out in this age group), yet it is so balanced, a team like the Ballerz, Columbia Bullets, Team Tennessee, Raleigh-Egypt, etc don't even make the State Tourney.....there is a lot of talent, and yet a lot of parity in this group......

Gomab, if these are supposively the AAU/Summer team rankings why are the Chattanooga Steam not on the list for the 17 year olds? I don't know if they've played any AAU games yet, but they destroyed the TN Thunder in YBOA play. They could probably take the Breakers with guys like Jake Skogen, Ben Britt, Josh Suddath, Ryan Wadley, and the Ellison twins.

Guest ndfan1

pharoah.. I play for the 17 yr. old Chattanooga Steam team and we weren't even close to as good last year as we are this year. We have six new players. Two of them played for the travelers last year. We have picked up another guy that can jump out of the gym. Those three mixed with Chattanooga Times Free Press player of the year Jake Skogen and his state championship teammate and a solid bench as made us a very competitive team. We are doing very well this year. I don't know what would happen if we played this year but don't go talking about last year. Hopefully we will play ya'll and will see just how good each other is.

Guest irish01

I watched the Chattanooga Steam play in the YBOA tournament at Knox. Catholic and they are a good team with the additions from the Travelers but i still don't think they can take the Breakers! The Steam have no bench what so ever!The Breakers go about 9 deep and they all can play.