AAU Team RANKINGS (get ready to argue?)

gomab2

Guest wareagle51

yes Hi I have been watching the Tennessee Zags for the past 2 months they look to be one of the best teams out there yes the bulldogs are a very very good team but it seams that they would be ranked over the Knoxville Lakers and the Run~Gun (concidering they have beat both of them) maybe you should reconcider your rankings

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did a good job gomab , except i have to argue with the 15's the memphis rebels should be 3rd instead of 5th they lost to the YOMCA by 8 in substate even tho we were leading the hole game.The rebels finished 18th in the nation and to my knowledge placed better than anyother team other than the YOMCA.

In the 15U age group I haven't heard anything about the TN Travelers. Who do they have? I won't rank them because I haven't seen them.

15U

1. Memphis YOMCA Bulldogs

2. Memphis Rebels/ TN Thunder

3. Nashville Royals

4. Run n' Gun

5. Knoxville Lakers

6. Team TN

7. Columbia Bullets

8. Charles Davis Fdn.

Tn Thunder and Rebs are just about the same, but I believe Thunder has more depth. Royals aren't real talented, but because of Johnnie Lee they are a good team. Memp. YOMCA is the best team because they play together with the great talent that they have. Run n' Gun were an mediocre team because of their point guard Albert Harris. Knoxville Lakers were alright but they weren't a threat to any of the top teams. If team TN would of made it out of the sub-state they would of been going to the nationals, they had to meet up with TN Thunder for the sub-state semis and got demolished.

Columbia Bullets played a real good game with MLK and also beat TN Thunder due to the coaches and refs into it the whole game. Charles Davis Fdn. were ok but they needed more help they had like two or three players who carried the team.

The Travelers 15-u had a good summer. They finished 14-5 and won the Adidas Classic in St. Louis. They were also 3-1 at their own round-robin tournament, which tied them for the best record with the Alabama Ice, a team they split with. They had some big wins, including beating the Connecticut Flame, the team that won the Bob Gibbons tournament in Virgina. They also beat the Alabama Ice and St. Louis Eagles this year

If they are good as everyone says they should play AAU. I would love to see another team in TN other than Memphis YOMCA that can play against the top teams in the Nation. Right now YOMCA is the best program in TN. Every YOMCA team goes to the nationals and does good in the Nationals.

Okay.......

The Travelers are right there with the Y, no doubt. This past year, they have a few less W's, but they (Travelers) put more kids, year after year, in D-1 scholarships. These are the two top Programs in TN......

The Travelers, like many, many great programs accross the country (Riverside Church, SE Pump 'n Run, Oakland Pump 'n Run, SoCal All Stars, Belmont Shore, Atlanta Celtics, etc) don't play AAU, and don't need to. Some great programs do (YOMCA, NC Gaters, St Louis Eagles, Nike Team Texas Elite, etc). Both sets also attend the Top invitationals.......

Memphis YOMCA is not the only team that "can play against the top teams in the Nation". The Travelers and Ballerz, among others, do as well.....

Memphis YOMCA chooses not to recruit from all over, nor do they need to. They turned down a super-talented Dyer Co trio this year in favor of Memphis kids. This is a choice, and...trust me...Memphis is loaded enough to field a decently-talented team......

Memphis Rebels did not finish "18th" in the country. They don't even place a #18. The AAU Nationals place Top 14, then top 4 in the Classic, neither of which the Rebels acheived......

The list made above is missing two of the top three 15:u teams in the state: Tn Travelers (14-5, won the "Adidas Classic in St. Louis") and Midstate Ballerz (19-6, won the Memphis Basketball Classic and the Arkansas Wings Challenge of Champions)......

I am putting out (to get more discussion) a new set of AAU team Rankings very soon........