Official A/AA results and state predictions thread

TrentDilfer?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coniglio @ May 22 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826464997[/snapback]That's far invalid right now. In fact, don't ever post again if you keep going like that.

crippler, fair enough. I think you're right that they could run 4:26ish but maybe it'll be tactical. You never know.

yeah i meant they are both capable of doing that fresh just like clabo did but seeing as no one will be fresh and it will probably be a little more tactical i'm thinking high 27s low 28s

and why did that guy bring up one of my posts from april 8 to tell me that gj can win state in the 800? when i posted that his best on the year was a 1:58, patterson, johnson, and bland can all go at least that fast, johnson probably won't at state due to the triple but the other 2 could probably do it if they run well and don't get boxed in early

QUOTE(Angus @ May 23 2007 - 11:34 AM) 826465228[/snapback]Markie and Sephel are running all three distance races. Levine will be fresh for the 800!

very true, that is why she should win the 800 pretty easily but i wouldn't mind seeing what markie could do in a fresh 8, she went 2:21.5 after a 5:16 mile leading the whole way, she has a bright future.

markie and kara hung with sybil in the 800m after running just the mile. at state they will both be running the 3200m also and the mile will probably be tougher with duble there to make it even faster so i don't think there is anyway they will have enough left in their legs to hang with sybil, especially in the last 100m

3200 girl updates.

Markie won in 11:41. Jessica was second in 11:43.

Both were just sitting on a tactical 12:00 pace the whole race then whipped out a 71 and 73 respectively to close. Sick sick stuff.

Sephel can't deal with a slow pace and she ran like 12:16.

QUOTE(1buck2 @ May 25 2007 - 03:48 PM) 826467110[/snapback]Can any of you guys say MA HOO OOOONEY? He was disapointed in 2d place finish in 1600 at sectionals, so watch out!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER EVER BET AGAINST MARKIE VOILES!

he got second again in the 16. anybody know what happened to clabo in the 32? he was running faster times in indoor. did he just peak early or has he been hurt or what? hopefully gphstrack gets on here and answers for me

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ May 25 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826467291[/snapback]he got second again in the 32. anybody know what happened to clabo in the 32? he was running faster times in indoor. did he just peak early or has he been hurt or what? hopefully gphstrack gets on here and answers for me

several things happened. clabo's hamstring has been bothering him a little, but he was forced to set the pace. everyone went out slow(probably would have been a 10:30 if he hadn't taken charge). clabo knows he doesn't have the best kick in the world, so his only option was to try to wear them down. he couldn't have done anything differently and i'm proud of him for that. congrats to mahaney for having the stronger kick. the 1600 was a little more interesting to watch as everyone went out a little faster. look for a rematch at the music city distance carnival this weekend. congrats to everyone who competed. just making it to state is an honor. you all performed great. this is my last post, so i guess i'll see you guys during cross country.

oh, and one last thing. some of you may remember how "elizabethton" was going to win state according to some people who post on here. well, they only scored 10 points. fuqua won the 110s and was disqualified on the 300s due to unsportsmanlike conduct. this is the second tim? during the championship season that i have seen them disqualified for illegal actions. at regionals, a team member came off the field during the 4x400 and tackled a gibbs runner. let's all pray that they become sportsmen over the next year and learn a little humility. happy running.

QUOTE(gphstrack @ May 26 2007 - 09:24 AM) 826467456[/snapback]oh, and one last thing. some of you may remember how "elizabethton" was going to win state according to some people who post on here. well, they only scored 10 points. fuqua won the 110s and was disqualified on the 300s due to unsportsmanlike conduct. this is the second tim? during the championship season that i have seen them disqualified for illegal actions. at regionals, a team member came off the field during the 4x400 and tackled a gibbs runner. let's all pray that they become sportsmen over the next year and learn a little humility. happy running.

Wow, that's ridiculous. Anyone know exactly what Fuqua did to get DQed from the 300 IMs?

I take full blame for slowing down the 3200. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I was really hoping we would go through slowly. lol. Not that it mattered.

I will say I wasn't too pleased with my performances yesterday but it doesn't really matter. I got the experience of running in state so hopefully that will pay off next year.

Congrats to Mahaney for winning the 3200m and finishing second in the 1600m.

Big props to Johnson for being with the pack in the 1600, then being gone.

Edit: One last thing...

21) Chattanooga Christian Scho 11

22) Elizabethton 10

Heck yeah! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />