Rankings Week 5

mjuhb

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(slits-shady @ Apr 8 2007 - 08:12 PM) 826432690[/snapback]Sorry if you dont like it.. like I said...... I have no ties to either team, but I have seen them both play over the past 3 years, I just call it like i see it. Overton looked better,quicker, more together, they did not show the attitudes .

well you can't see very well then because the combined scores for the last 3 years is 18-0, not in overton's favor. they've always had some players with good skills, but they don't play as a team. as far as the attitudes, they wanted us to meet them at the mcdonald's parking lot to fight...classy

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826433608[/snapback]Well I always thought that the teams a team played had an impact on where they were ranked.

thats my thought also. i hate to bring up NCAA football but boise state was undefeated and they didn't end up number 1, a team with a loss did.

QUOTE(MatWizard87 @ Apr 10 2007 - 12:44 AM) 826433665[/snapback]thats my thought also. i hate to bring up NCAA football but boise state was undefeated and they didn't end up number 1, a team with a loss did.

sorry I just had to comment on this, I love Boise State. But I don't really think he is saying they(Dickson Co.) should be #1, just that they should be up there. I was actually hoping no one would bring this up because I always thought in NCAA football if you went undefeated , no matter the schedule, you should atleast be at the top of the polls at the end. which brings me to my next point. This is week 5. not the last 2 weeks of the season. It's one thing to be undefeated in week 5 but it's another to be undefeated and have 0 games left. Boise throughout the season was never really at the top of the polls til the very end. I don't think they got in the top 25 til about week 3 or 4. So if Dickson Co. is in the state tourney and undefeated then you have a legit arguement but until then all I can rely on is who they have played.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 10 2007 - 12:01 AM) 826433678[/snapback]sorry I just had to comment on this, I love Boise State. But I don't really think he is saying they(Dickson Co.) should be #1, just that they should be up there. I was actually hoping no one would bring this up because I always thought in NCAA football if you went undefeated , no matter the schedule, you should atleast be at the top of the polls at the end. which brings me to my next point. This is week 5. not the last 2 weeks of the season. It's one thing to be undefeated in week 5 but it's another to be undefeated and have 0 games left. Boise throughout the season was never really at the top of the polls til the very end. I don't think they got in the top 25 til about week 3 or 4. So if Dickson Co. is in the state tourney and undefeated then you have a legit arguement but until then all I can rely on is who they have played.

Ultimately, isn't the goal to be #1 when the season is over?

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 9 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826433678[/snapback]sorry I just had to comment on this, I love Boise State. But I don't really think he is saying they(Dickson Co.) should be #1, just that they should be up there. I was actually hoping no one would bring this up because I always thought in NCAA football if you went undefeated , no matter the schedule, you should atleast be at the top of the polls at the end. which brings me to my next point. This is week 5. not the last 2 weeks of the season. It's one thing to be undefeated in week 5 but it's another to be undefeated and have 0 games left. Boise throughout the season was never really at the top of the polls til the very end. I don't think they got in the top 25 til about week 3 or 4. So if Dickson Co. is in the state tourney and undefeated then you have a legit arguement but until then all I can rely on is who they have played.

I completely agree with this. I'm not even from Dickson, I just think they need to get the respect they deserve.

QUOTE(ITALYandSWEDEN @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826433601[/snapback]Dickson are 5-0 they should be higher. No matter who they've played, they are the only team with only wins.

Wilson Central is 4-0 and they have beaten 2 ranked teams. And they are not even ranked this week, maybe next though... Not trying to take anything away from Dickson County, but they have not played any ranked teams, and have only played one team with a winning record.

I saw the most horrible officiating ever at the Dyersbrug Brighton Game. The other team was awarded a free kick 10 yards outside the box. I ran and stood next to the ball. They asked for ten yards the ref ran over and began counting. before he had finished the player took the kick and scored. Our keeper was setting his wall. The rule is if you ask for ten, u have to wait for the whistle, but they allowed the goal to stand. Next our keeper ran out and grabbed a through ball. They kicked him in the head and he dropped the ball. they kciked in for the goal. When our captain tried to talk to te ref, they waved him away. Next a classic bad offides. the ref was out of position at halfway while the last defender was about 10 yards away. The man was 8 yards offsides, we have video and he admitted it after the game. But of course, to the referee, he was completley onsides. He threatened to card our captain when he asked the ref whcih player kept him on. The ref said he didnt know who kept him onsides. We next had 3 players get hurt from the refs allowing to much contact. when our players started playing more physically, we had 2 yellow given without warning. I wa carded for a normal challange with only 1 prior foul. When our goalkeeper had been kicked for the second time I went in for him in goal. I ran up to get a through ball and was kciked in the head by a brighton foreward. I got knocked silly and hit the ground. THE REF ALLOWED PLAY TO COTINUE WITH A HEAD INJURY. He said he didnt want to desturb the play or something like that. HE waited about 2 min to stop play. I could have broken my neck or cheekbone. A head injury is supposed to be an automatic sop. I was lucky to get off with a badly brusied face. We have three players who will have to go to rehab after this game and dyersburg will NOT be playing them or any other memphis teams again. We have a video of the match and are sending it into TSSAA. Two keeps getting kicked in the head 3 times and three players injured shows how well the refs kept the game in control. TSSAA complains about not having enough refs. But myself and 3 in jured teamates would much rather no have played due to lack of refs then to get hurt in a uncontrolled game.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 9 2007 - 11:01 PM) 826433678[/snapback]sorry I just had to comment on this, I love Boise State. But I don't really think he is saying they(Dickson Co.) should be #1, just that they should be up there. I was actually hoping no one would bring this up because I always thought in NCAA football if you went undefeated , no matter the schedule, you should atleast be at the top of the polls at the end. which brings me to my next point. This is week 5. not the last 2 weeks of the season. It's one thing to be undefeated in week 5 but it's another to be undefeated and have 0 games left. Boise throughout the season was never really at the top of the polls til the very end. I don't think they got in the top 25 til about week 3 or 4. So if Dickson Co. is in the state tourney and undefeated then you have a legit arguement but until then all I can rely on is who they have played.

i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say, but i do think were both on the same page. i think we can both agree upon the idea that dickson county, as of now, should not be ranked much higher than what they are. especially not because they are undefeated. thats where the football came in. an undefeated team isnt and shouldnt always be the number one team in the polls. right now the best teams in state have already given each other losses in the bearden tournament.

QUOTE(MatWizard87 @ Apr 10 2007 - 04:14 PM) 826434090[/snapback]i think you misunderstood what i was trying to say, but i do think were both on the same page. i think we can both agree upon the idea that dickson county, as of now, should not be ranked much higher than what they are. especially not because they are undefeated. thats where the football came in. an undefeated team isnt and shouldnt always be the number one team in the polls. right now the best teams in state have already given each other losses in the bearden tournament.

yes, I understand what your saying now. But i was mostly referring to his comment about them and how the should be higher, I was just using the football thing to show reference. I know Boise State shouldn't have been #1 last year even though they were 13-0 and basically dominated 3/4ths of the OU game. They just don't play a tough enough schedule. like Dickson Co. I think the only way they will ever be #1 is if they win state.