Bearden vs Farragut

bigwillystyle247

QUOTE(paulbrown101 @ Apr 14 2007 - 11:22 PM) 826437691[/snapback]yea your right. Bearden does have their own field... but i think you have it wrong when you say they play soccer on it. all they do is play kickball. so they built a short but wide field. real smart. but they dont play soccer, they play kickball.

Bearden's field does seem rather short. If I remember correctly, last year at Farragut Walker wasnt kicking the ball into the other box almost every time like he does on Bearden's field.

and ninja dont twist my words like that. stop nit picking. you were doing the same thing the announcers were doing. making something what it wasn't. I did it too but oh well. I'm not sure if they can use the Watt Rd. fields. I don't see why they can't but I don't know. I know the lacrosse team uses them for games only as far as I know. I would think it would be less likely for people to go to a game if it isn't at the school. People might see it as an away game if they have to go somewhere other than to Farragut. I mean Watt Road isn't far at all, it's in Farragut, but some people might not see it that way. Plus it's soccer anyways so even if it is a home game alot of people still won't go. It looked like there was quite a few people there last night. I think the announcer said of 1000. I'm sure he wasn't far off. Probably would have been more if it wasn't raining.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just reminding everyone...Farraguts field is NICE this year. The grass has been cut beautifully and well taken care of. Perfect soccer condition. And i dont want to start this again...but it seems everyone forgets it!!!! Farragut High School soccer is a CLUB!!! They pay the school to play on their football field, they get noooo money from the school or much less the town. Farragut doesnt have money for a field unless there was a donation to them like the baseball team. Now im done, but i have to say this- the announcing was awful last night, it seemed like all they did was talk about cesars(own goal)goal and how good ben backstrom was and tom webster..even if they lost the ball somehow it was a good play?

QUOTE(BigG @ Apr 11 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826434668[/snapback]I'm not a newbie, but you got me, too! I thought you used to be a die hard Farragut fan, but then most of your posts switched to Hendersonville?

Either way, good one...

Not U G. U R the man. We moved to Hendersonville in Nov. From what I've seen over here in Middle TN, the West Knox area plays tuffer schedules and locale comp giving CAK, FHS, BHS and others the edge when it comes time for the state playoffs.

I watched to many great games since 2000 in that area between CAK, KCHS, BHS, FHS and Len City. My oldest lettered in Soccer as a Freshman and Soph for the Admirals so I still pull for them and Coach C.

My son played Soccer for Clarksville, Chattanooga, Kingsport and Knoxville teams. He was always one of the top 3 players where ever he played until we moved to Farragut. There he was an average player because of all the great kids in that area.

I wish all the West Knoxville teams the best going into the playoffs.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 15 2007 - 12:15 AM) 826437705[/snapback]Bearden's field does seem rather short. If I remember correctly, last year at Farragut Walker wasnt kicking the ball into the other box almost every time like he does on Bearden's field.

and ninja dont twist my words like that. stop nit picking. you were doing the same thing the announcers were doing. making something what it wasn't. I did it too but oh well. I'm not sure if they can use the Watt Rd. fields. I don't see why they can't but I don't know. I know the lacrosse team uses them for games only as far as I know. I would think it would be less likely for people to go to a game if it isn't at the school. People might see it as an away game if they have to go somewhere other than to Farragut. I mean Watt Road isn't far at all, it's in Farragut, but some people might not see it that way. Plus it's soccer anyways so even if it is a home game alot of people still won't go. It looked like there was quite a few people there last night. I think the announcer said of 1000. I'm sure he wasn't far off. Probably would have been more if it wasn't raining.

yep your right, i did use your methods, but oh well.

I think Bearden's field is short, but still regulation size. and Walker is getting older and stronger and with it a longer punt.

i just don't know if it makes a difference where the field is, people still have to drive to get to the Farragut school, what the difference if it is just 5 more miles, for some people it might even be less of a distance.

Oak Ridge high school has there football stadium like 2 or 3 miles from the school and they get lots of fans for those games, granted they have a ghood program.

I am sure the school would lose some fans, but i don't think it would be that drastic of a change, besides Watt Rd. is right off the interstate and any one else that wants to go there might show up from the schools that travel to the away games, like Bearden or Maryville.