Oak Ridge Football

To start out saying the last Oak Ridge season was a rebuilding season and and I think with the right leadership from the senior class the Wildcats could be back in Murfreesboro playing for the state championship.

Also does anyone know anything about James Normand and Devonte Hawkins .

Oak Ridge @ Fulton-Aug-31

Bradley Central @ Oak Ridge-Sept 7

Oak Ridge @ Kingsport DB - Sept 14

Oak Ridge @ Heritage - Sept 21

Clinton @ Oak Ridge - Sept 28

McMinn Co @ Oak Ridge - Oct 5

William Blount @ Oak Ridge - Oct 12

Oak Ridge @ Soddy Daisy - Oct 19

Oak Ridge @ Ootlewah - Oct 26

Farragut @ Oak Ridge - Nov 2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very pivital year for Stevens. Must at least go 7-3 and deep in the playoffs. I hope they can get it done. As an outsider I would not bet on any state championships or even going, they will win 6 to 8 games a year, just my thought. Good luck. prediction 7-3 get beat in third round of playoffs. My question is , Will that cut it at Oak Ridge?

JMO, but Oak Ridge should be able to win 6-7 games per year on athletic talent alone.

Who do they play that is going to be very tough other than Fulton & DB? Oak Ridge has good athletes with size & speed and if you just get them in the right position you will win games. A good coaching staff should compete for state championships most years and great staff could have a program like Maryville.

Right off the top of my head...Farragut, Ootlewah, maybe William Blount and maybe McMinn County after all they did it last year.

Oak Ridge should beat Clinton, Bradley Central, Heritage and Soddy Daisy. The rest is up in the air, depends on the Coaches and Players and their attitudes and mind set. I am hopping for the best. Would like to go to the Boro and watch The Cats give it another try!!

QUOTE(oakridgewildcats37 @ Apr 8 2007 - 09:41 PM) 826432718[/snapback]To start out saying the last Oak Ridge season was a rebuilding season and and I think with the right leadership from the senior class the Wildcats could be back in Murfreesboro playing for the state championship.

Also does anyone know anything about James Normand and Devonte Hawkins .

Devonte is training ,and working out D1. James is in track right now. Both are ready for some football.

Oak Ridge @ Fulton-Aug-31

Bradley Central @ Oak Ridge-Sept 7

Oak Ridge @ Kingsport DB - Sept 14

Oak Ridge @ Heritage - Sept 21

Clinton @ Oak Ridge - Sept 28

McMinn Co @ Oak Ridge - Oct 5

William Blount @ Oak Ridge - Oct 12

Oak Ridge @ Soddy Daisy - Oct 19

Oak Ridge @ Ootlewah - Oct 26

Farragut @ Oak Ridge - Nov 2

QUOTE(tcareuwithme @ Apr 9 2007 - 07:28 PM) 826433388[/snapback]who besides alex stewart is on the o line? and is he at center?

TC,

This line is the biggest question mark for the upcoming year. Depth was a problem last year and I don't see that changing. The departure of 2 line coaches in 2 years is not going to help either. A quality replacement at line coach is a must for the Wildcats to have any success this year.

I really don't know for sure, but I could see a running back by committee situation. I could see Vaughn, Rogers, Stephens, plus a couple of more that could be effective in certain situations.

We all know the amount of dangerous athletes Oak Ridge should have, it's just finding ways to get them the ball and the blocking. It should be interesting to see who steps up as well, there is always a player or two that surprises you when spring practice rolls around ... looking forward to seeing if that trend holds up.

The lineman are getting bigger and stronger. I saw a few of them tossing the ol shotput for the track team and there was a visual difference with their bodies. It is very apparent these guys were hitting the weights hard, as I have heard most of the team was. Depth ... will be lacking in the trenches, unless a few of the whispered surprises pan out.

I just can't wait to take some dang football photos and see some hitting!

QUOTE(tcareuwithme @ Apr 10 2007 - 07:07 PM) 826434254[/snapback]what about at running back. i can remember Vaughn and kirkpatrick. any other names?

TC

Tank,

How many kids are expected out for each of the teams this year?

Who comprises the current staff by coaching position?

Thanks,

Ole Dad

QUOTE(TankTalk @ Apr 10 2007 - 07:40 PM) 826434296[/snapback]I really don't know for sure, but I could see a running back by committee situation. I could see Vaughn, Rogers, Stephens, plus a couple of more that could be effective in certain situations.

We all know the amount of dangerous athletes Oak Ridge should have, it's just finding ways to get them the ball and the blocking. It should be interesting to see who steps up as well, there is always a player or two that surprises you when spring practice rolls around ... looking forward to seeing if that trend holds up.

The lineman are getting bigger and stronger. I saw a few of them tossing the ol shotput for the track team and there was a visual difference with their bodies. It is very apparent these guys were hitting the weights hard, as I have heard most of the team was. Depth ... will be lacking in the trenches, unless a few of the whispered surprises pan out.

I just can't wait to take some dang football photos and see some hitting!

QUOTE(LSMFT @ Apr 11 2007 - 07:40 AM) 826434582[/snapback]Whatever happened to Spencer Gulmire? Is he still playing at Austin Pay? What about his brother that played QB for the Ridge? Did he sign with any school for college?

Yes, Spencer is still at Austin Peay, I have

heard that his brother Conner, is going to try to

walk-on at Austin Peay next fall.