cak vs catholic

allsoccer

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:58 AM) 826436628[/snapback]Nope! not that I know of, BigG watch out for Chase Nieri in the midfield he is veryyyy dangerous, he almost wins every punt, kick, free kick welll actually every 50-50 that comes into the mid field. Good luck to both teams!!!

Chase is a beast, and a heck of a player!

No, Brandon does not have to sit out of this game (soft red just means you sit out the remainder of the game you were kicked out of)

I am not liking the weather today... too dang cold. I also hope that rain stays away. Could prove to be some miserable conditions.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I was looking around eurosportscoreboard.com and came across a score that has CAK losing to Tellico plains by 10-1. Is this correct or is there a mistake? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Much better than the first meeting of last year when both sides were so tenative. This time out, both sides played with a great deal of intensity and drive much like games 2-4 of '06. CAK probably possessed the ball better, in general, but a very evenly set match. 0-0 at the half. The score by Martinez was indeed a header off of a corner. The center ref was consistently poor in his calls...the key word being consistently. I'm very interested to hear BigG's thoughts on the call against the KCHS keeper late in the game. If anyone has a shot count, I would be interested in seeing it. I hope Tarr and Nieri aren't too banged up after that header. Can't wait to see these two play again!

QUOTE(mad dawg @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:34 PM) 826437111[/snapback]I'm very interested to hear BigG's thoughts on the call against the KCHS keeper late in the game.

By the letter of the law, the call was "correct"... BUT, I still don't think it should have been called (though, at that time, we were down 1 with 2 minutes left so I wouldn't have minded if we had scored! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ). In a game of that caliber, it could have been a game changer.

Neither team really had more than a couple good looks at goal, but I think both teams attacked well up to the offensive 3rd. Both defenses played really well. I give props to our younger guys who really stepped up.

Head injuries are in style this week... Brandon Tarr got headed in the head, and now has his 2nd concussion of the year (I guess he was jealous of David Pifer getting attention). So we will go into next week a little bit on the walking wounded side, but with the sophomores and freshmen that played tonight, I have great expectations!

We will hopefully play Catholic again in districts. Their field is actually in better shape than ours is anyway (though smaller, but we won't get into that "argument", will we! So, when life give you lemons, I just try and look at the silver lining (or something like that!)

QUOTE(BigG @ Apr 13 2007 - 08:46 PM) 826437125[/snapback]By the letter of the law, the call was "correct"... BUT, I still don't think it should have been called (though, at that time, we were down 1 with 2 minutes left so I wouldn't have minded if we had scored! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ). In a game of that caliber, it could have been a game changer.

Neither team really had more than a couple good looks at goal, but I think both teams attacked well up to the offensive 3rd. Both defenses played really well. I give props to our younger guys who really stepped up.

Head injuries are in style this week... Brandon Tarr got headed in the head, and now has his 2nd concussion of the year (I guess he was jealous of David Pifer getting attention). So we will go into next week a little bit on the walking wounded side, but with the sophomores and freshmen that played tonight, I have great expectations!

We will hopefully play Catholic again in districts. Their field is actually in better shape than ours is anyway (though smaller, but we won't get into that "argument", will we! So, when life give you lemons, I just try and look at the silver lining (or something like that!)

I hope Brandon recovers well. I know it was a hard hit because it looks like Chase put a golf ball under his eye brow. #7 and Brian Beckham knocked heads pretty good too.

Catholic now heads to take on highly ranked Notre Dame and CCS, as well as Sweetwater, in Chattanooga.