Sharks v. Preds

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 19 2007 - 09:33 AM) 826440969[/snapback]If the Preds have any gumption, they should come away with a victory on Friday. However, they haven't shown the ability to beat the Sharks in San Jose during any playoff series, let alone win an away game during the playoffs.

For as much as the Preds have improved, it is becoming abundantly clear that the Stanley Cup dreams were very premature. They are not yet constructed well enough, and I also am beginining to think that our coaching staff cannot take it to the next level.

There will be some changes on the team. Gone will be Forsburg and Hartsie. Kariya (the dissappearing man) is in a contract year. Sullivan is not built physically for the long haul. Legwand has gone back to his internal moniker of "Muffin Man." Defense has got to get bigger, stronger, and the whole team has to get SMARTER in the way it plays.

It just stinks all the way around-such great hopes skewered once again.

What is really scary is how much better are the Preds than last year???? We are playing better, but you can give credit to the best rental player in Hockey for that as Foppa has played well... The PK line with Leggy is not doing a thing... They are good at what they do, but this is a series where you gotta be able to get the puck in the corner and PK isn't big enough and Leggy isn't tough enough.

I hope we make a play for Foppa, even if he doesn't play every game. Tennessee money is better than most states. The defense needs some size and depending on the contract of Kimmo, look for Zids, Hamuis to be in different unis next year. If we are smart, Mason is a trade that could bring us size in the defense. Klein in Milwaulkee will get a look.

My opinion also is Trotz is gone.... I won't put all the blame on him but a change is needed. I never liked his defensive style.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 21 2007 - 02:30 PM) 826442421[/snapback]What's the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over again- and expecting different results.

I am so ill over this I can't type- maybe later, when I can use less expletives.

Imo, Trotz needs to go...Not only was he outcoached, but he allowed Wilson to set the tone with the refs in regards to penalties....With that in mind, I lost some respect for SJ... Nichol should know better than use his stick as he did, but the player in question obviously faked the extent of his injury.... he acted as if his leg was severed, assisted to the bench, disappeared for about 3 seconds, then sat on the bench as if nothing happened and took his next shift.

SJ was the better team, but those were the poorest officiated games I've ever saw.... Foppa, in the last few minutes, was slashed, interfered and finally held, which the ref watched for about 10 seconds before he called anything....On the Sharks winning goal it was obvious that Fids was in control of the puck, tripped, lost the puck and we get scored upon. I guess Fids should have fallen, clutching his ankle in agony and had the stretcher come out....

Our team will look different next year... And from the interviews of PK and Foppa, it was almost as if they were sending a message..... Refering to Poile and his good job putting together the team, but nothing on Trotz, because I believe they want him gone if they are to stay.

According to the owner, Trotz was victimized by injuries, not incompetence.

I think the team and Trotz were victimized by defensive turnovers, inability to adjust to the game being called, poor strategy, lack of production by key players, and being out-coached during the series.

Other than that it was fun. Big turning point was losing the 1st game in OT. But with everything being said, the Sharks are our Kryptonite. We have to get much better- or much worse, and play someone else!

This feels like the Titans losing to the Ravens in '03.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ Apr 23 2007 - 11:34 AM) 826443387[/snapback]According to the owner, Trotz was victimized by injuries, not incompetence.

I think the team and Trotz were victimized by defensive turnovers, inability to adjust to the game being called, poor strategy, lack of production by key players, and being out-coached during the series.

Other than that it was fun. Big turning point was losing the 1st game in OT. But with everything being said, the Sharks are our Kryptonite. We have to get much better- or much worse, and play someone else!

This feels like the Titans losing to the Ravens in '03.

George Plaster said the exact same thing from you first sentence on his broadcast this evening except he added stupidity for the penalties.