Sharks v. Preds

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that wasn't a fun game to watch. Seemed like everytime I looked up we were in the penalty box. We are wearing ourselves down on their power plays. Haven't we learned from last year. I wouldn't mind seeing Mason in goal for Game 4. Vokoun played alright tonight but the second goal they scored should of never went in. We got to change it up or we will be home in the 1st round for the 3rd time in a row.

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ Apr 16 2007 - 11:49 PM) 826439137[/snapback]Well that wasn't a fun game to watch. Seemed like everytime I looked up we were in the penalty box. We are wearing ourselves down on their power plays. Haven't we learned from last year. I wouldn't mind seeing Mason in goal for Game 4. Vokoun played alright tonight but the second goal they scored should of never went in. We got to change it up or we will be home in the 1st round for the 3rd time in a row.

What game were you watching? Vokoun was the only thing keeping the Preds in the game. There were at least 5 times I counted San Jose chances that easily could have resulted in goals, a great game in my opinion for Vokoun. The reason the Preds lost is because they had no intensity what so ever. We didn't play the body and we didn't face the physical challenges head on. We gave up on alot of plays and kept making stupid plays in our zone.

TV was definately not the issue...He played lights out...He played well enough to steal the game if we would have put any pressure on San Jose... With that said, if Arnott converts just one of his two breakaways and Nichol scores on the two on one we probably win as the game would take on a different flavor...

Met Greg Zanons dad, as me, my wife, and Mr Zanons friend and wife were the only Pred fans in the Shark Tank... We had a good time, got some friendly ribbing.... We have VIP tickets which means we get in early for the Shark party (LOL) which includes a meal and drawings,..... The crowd moaned as the Sharks introduced us to the crowd, all in good nature, and then I preceded to win an autographed hat and shirt... LOL...The crowd howled again.... And I would not sell....

If the Preds have any gumption, they should come away with a victory on Friday. However, they haven't shown the ability to beat the Sharks in San Jose during any playoff series, let alone win an away game during the playoffs.

For as much as the Preds have improved, it is becoming abundantly clear that the Stanley Cup dreams were very premature. They are not yet constructed well enough, and I also am beginining to think that our coaching staff cannot take it to the next level.

There will be some changes on the team. Gone will be Forsburg and Hartsie. Kariya (the dissappearing man) is in a contract year. Sullivan is not built physically for the long haul. Legwand has gone back to his internal moniker of "Muffin Man." Defense has got to get bigger, stronger, and the whole team has to get SMARTER in the way it plays.

It just stinks all the way around-such great hopes skewered once again.

The Preds are reminding me of the Red Sox last yr. The Sox were #1 team for a while had a 11 game lead over the Yankees, then it fell apart, injuries started happening and the team changed. It sounds just like the Preds, they were Numero Uno and fighting for the Presidents Cup, then next thing I know they are a 4 seed, and they cant beat the Red Wings for nothing, playoffs start and we cant beat the Sharks, Im hating this, I thoguht the Preds were gonna win it all. I know the series isnt over but it pretty close..I hope the team sticks around and maybe do better next season.