Berry vs. Keveren

RunNaked

So, now that the we are in the middle of the season I want to know what everyone thinks now. From what I have heard Keveren has ran around 9:36 in the 3200 after running a five minute first mile. Berry ran 9:24 for the full two mile last week in Mobile. He came out with a P.R. in indoor running 9:28 for the conversion to 3200. I have not seen any results from Keveren in the mile. I know Keveren is coming off an injury so im waiting to see what he'll do.

What does everyone else think??

QUOTE(AEtheridge @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826436847[/snapback]I think you've left more than a few out of the picture in AAA:

Chandler

Cole

Tipton

O'Donnell

Sonnenfeldt

Vasquez

what about edelman who went 934 in the same meet berry went 924

and gilreath went 1:51.39, is he gonna get a chance with good competition to break the record? NON maybe or the distance carnival?

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Apr 13 2007 - 03:22 PM) 826436933[/snapback]what about edelman who went 934 in the same meet berry went 924

and gilbreath went 1:51.39, is he gonna get a chance with good competition to break the record? NON maybe or the distance carnival?

His name is Gilreath no B.

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Apr - 02:22 PM) 826436933[/snapback]what about edelman who went 934 in the same meet berry went 924

and gilbreath went 1:51.39, is he gonna get a chance with good competition to break the record? NON maybe or the distance carnival?

Yes, sorry about that. Edelman is clearly a 1600/3200 threat.

I didn't think for a minute about Gilreath. No one in Tennessee is going to touch him even if he tries the insane 400/800 double.

If you asked me, Gilreath is the male track star of the year--no one else close.

QUOTE(AEtheridge @ Apr 13 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826436847[/snapback]I think you've left more than a few out of the picture in AAA:

Chandler

Cole

Tipton

O'Donnell

Sonnenfeldt

Vasquez

Yea sorry, I dont mean to count those guys out in any way, I was just trying to bring up the whole "Berry/Keveren" debate once again since it seemed like such a big topic back in the XC season.

But as far as those guys go I would put my money on Chandler having the best chance of being on top in the 3200 and I'm looking for Sonnenfeldt to really make the 1600 interesting this year.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826437039[/snapback]Gotta agree with that too.

i think he is overrated. just kidding. i'd like to clone abou 46 of him.

i agree with ae. 3200 in aaa is going to be sick. i'd even like to go out on a limb and say neither keveren or berry will get the title. they were the cc favorites, but track is a different ball game.

QUOTE(gphstrack @ Apr 13 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826437095[/snapback]i think he is overrated. just kidding. i'd like to clone abou 46 of him.

i agree with ae. 3200 in aaa is going to be sick. i'd even like to go out on a limb and say neither keveren or berry will get the title. they were the cc favorites, but track is a different ball game.

A different ballgame for sure, but Sean is a MUCH better track runner than he is a cross country runner, so I don't know what you are trying to say. Noone will touch Keveren or Berry in the 3200 at state. Berry will for sure take it out hard, and as a teammate of Sean's I know he has said that he will not let the pace lag. This will string out the competitors very quickly. I think it will be a battle of the ages and one of them may have to go under 9:10 to beat the other.

• 3 weeks later...

QUOTE(bwoodrunner @ Apr 17 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826439419[/snapback]A different ballgame for sure, but Sean is a MUCH better track runner than he is a cross country runner, so I don't know what you are trying to say. Noone will touch Keveren or Berry in the 3200 at state. Berry will for sure take it out hard, and as a teammate of Sean's I know he has said that he will not let the pace lag. This will string out the competitors very quickly. I think it will be a battle of the ages and one of them may have to go under 9:10 to beat the other.

this will be solved may 5th

will be the best race in tennessee this year thus far.. by a long way