best team in d2

ballasofdasouf

even though division two is the hardest division to win state in i truly believe that the rebels will repeat and on the way to the repeat that they will take down Ravenwood. I've seen both play and Ravenwood aint got nothing on the Rebels. Ravenwood i suggest one thing to you.. and that one piece of advice is to not look past the mighty Franklin Rebels! they will beat you just like they beat you in football.. by the way centennial and bretnwood are garbage..

Other teams that are garbage:

Father Ryan

Webb (belbuckle)

Houston

McCallie - they lost to CBHS ( i mean come on)

Baylor

Cookeville

the other worse webb

Ravenwood (My prediction FHS by 2)

Farragut

Ensworth

PJP2

USN

I guarantee that Franlkin on a good day could beat all of these teams by at least 5 +

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ballasofdasouf @ Apr 17 2007 - 08:06 AM) 826439261[/snapback]even though division two is the hardest division to win state in i truly believe that the rebels will repeat and on the way to the repeat that they will take down Ravenwood. I've seen both play and Ravenwood aint got nothing on the Rebels. Ravenwood i suggest one thing to you.. and that one piece of advice is to not look past the mighty Franklin Rebels! they will beat you just like they beat you in football.. by the way centennial and bretnwood are garbage..

Other teams that are garbage:

Father Ryan

Webb (belbuckle)

Houston

McCallie - they lost to CBHS ( i mean come on)

Baylor

Cookeville

the other worse webb

Ravenwood (My prediction FHS by 2)

Farragut

Ensworth

PJP2

USN

I guarantee that Franlkin on a good day could beat all of these teams by at least 5 +

wow..... i had a hard time deciding where to start, but I guess i'll go with your first comment.... please explain why it is harder to win state in D2.. that kind of blows my mind.. also, since when were McCallie and Ravenwood garbage teams? Are you being blinded by Franklin's 11-0 record? And those eleven wins were against whom? Nobody. Actually, come to think of it, 5 of the 11 wins were against teams that were lucky enough to make your credible garbage list...

QUOTE(livelax99 @ Apr 17 2007 - 11:07 AM) 826439388[/snapback]wow..... i had a hard time deciding where to start, but I guess i'll go with your first comment.... please explain why it is harder to win state in D2.. that kind of blows my mind.. also, since when were McCallie and Ravenwood garbage teams? Are you being blinded by Franklin's 11-0 record? And those eleven wins were against whom? Nobody. Actually, come to think of it, 5 of the 11 wins were against teams that were lucky enough to make your credible garbage list...

I do not appreciate the first comment above! Please identify yourself and what team you play for or support. Your comment was totally uncalled for and would hope you would respect the sport, your own team and other people in general. As a Franklin parent, I appreciate the professional way that lacrosse is coached and played. All of the teams that Franklin has played thus far have played hard and with passion. Franklin lacrosse is in its third year of competition. Not so long ago, like all the teams in Division 2 worked to get better each and every week. Most of the teams we played the first year beat us twice in the regular season. One of the reasons for the improvement was that many of the seniors, at least 12 on the varsity alone played together as Frosh (JV) and have played together since their Frosh year. Having them all play together and in the same system has allowed them to have great depth and experience. Next year will be a different story. They will have some lumps to take and will have to play their best to make the playoffs and be competitive in the final four. As far as Ravenwood goes, they have proven to be one of if not the best teams in the state! They are even competitive outside the state. We are honored to have the opportunity to play such a great team and try to get better. Franklin has constantly admired and modeled our program after there fine example. Ravenwood should be what all Div 2 teams would hope to do! Move to Division 1 and be competitive. They have done this and more and one of the teams who are favorites to compete for the Division 1 Championship.

Again, I take offense to your post and would be glad to discuss with you further if you would like. The sport of lacrosse will only continue to grow if we can respect and assist each other along the way. If this did come from a Franklin player then grow up and retract this unprofessional statement.

As a Franklin player myself I want it to be known that the Franklin Rebels take ourselves and, our sport very seriously. I don’t think that any Franklin player would ever call another team garbage, nor would we ever act so overconfident towards any team, let alone Ravenswood. I would be very disappointed if who ever wrote that turns out to be a Franklin player.

QUOTE(iamavolzfan @ Apr 17 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826439431[/snapback]Sounds like to me someone other than a Franklin player or supporter is out there trying to stir the pot. Please identify yourself and what team you play for or support. Your comment was totally uncalled for and would hope you would respect the sport, your own team and other people in general. As a Franklin parent, I appreciate the professional way that lacrosse is coached and played. All of the teams that Franklin has played thus far have played hard and with passion. Franklin lacrosse is in its third year of competition and not so long ago, like all the teams in Division 2 worked to get better each and every week. Most of the teams we played the first year beat us twice in the regular season. One of the reasons for the improvement was that many of the seniors, at least 12 on the varsity alone played together as Frosh (JV) and have played together since their Frosh year. Having them all play together and in the same system has allowed them to have great depth and experience. Next year will be a different story. They will have some lumps to take and will have to play their best to make the playoffs and be competitive in the final four. As far as Ravenwood goes, they have proven to be one of if not the best teams in the state! They are even competitive outside the state. We are honored to have the opportunity to play such a great team and try to get better. Franklin has constantly admired and modeled our program after there fine example. Ravenwood should be what all Div 2 teams would hope to do! Move to Division 1 and be competitive. They have done this and more and one of the teams who are favorites to compete for the Division 1 Championship.

Again, I take offense to your post and would be glad to discuss with you further if you would like. The sport of lacrosse will only continue to grow if we can respect and assist each other along the way. I look forward to your reply! Dan Sproul

I admire your passion and support of the Franklin Rebels. However, it is unnecessary for me to identify myself or the team that I support. If we are talking about respect, then that is the sole reason I replied to the topic starter; when there are 5 legitimate Championship contenders in DI (Ravenwood, McCallie, MUS, MBA, and CBHS) would it not be "totally uncalled for" to say that it is harder to win the D2 state title, when apparently this year there is only one clearly dominant team (Franklin)?

On that note, when did I ever say that the Franklin Rebels were an incompetent team? I believe I was calling out an incompetent post rather than the Rebels. By compiling a "garbage list," the topic starter did exactly what you unnecesarily accused me of doing: completely disrespecting teams that have coaches and players who pour all of the energy into this sport. I never said that those teams weren't trying or didn't have dedicated players or coaches, I simply implied that they haven't been a challenge for the Rebels. There are teams that are still on the rise in D2, thus the lack of competition for Franklin and the obvious reason that it is ridiculous to think it is harder for the Rebel's to repeat than, say, last year's DI State Champs, Montgomery Bell.

Rebel10d's post is the type of post I am glad to see. That represents the class of some Franklin players and an ability to calm a lack of initial humility by the topic starter. Regardless of the topic starter's true alliance, his ridiculous post, as pointed out by Brouha25, needed a response. The lack of respect displayed for clearly established DI teams such as McCallie and Ravenwood, as well as other teams that take pride in their programs, warranted a reply. My response was not intended to offend you or any of the other Franklin parents, players, or coaches. It was solely a shot at the arrogance shown by ballasofdasouf.

I look forward to your reply!

Come on are you seriously trying to start something with like half of the high school lacrosse players in the state of TN you just called out 15 out of 29 teams (and yes im including Franklin in this) and called them garbage or made them look bad that is completely uncalled for. You must not know anything about lacrosse because Ravenwood, McCallie, MUS, and MBA are some of the strongest teams in the state and atleast the south if not beyond that and they aren't in DII. It would be much harder to win state in DI. You really must not know anything about lacrosse and just want to stir some stuff up. I can't even imagine Ravenwood bein considered garbage or any team for that matter but especially Ravenwood who yesterday was ranked 4th in the south and 138 in the nation and put up a strong game against Severn who is ranked 83 in the nation.

ballsofdasouf has no respect for any other teams in lacrosse if those teams are on his/her "garbage list", and if those teams are garbage, i.e. mccallie ravenwood webb houston etc., then who isnt. completely arrogant, ignorant, and uncalled for. and by the way if ballsofdasouf is trying to lose all respect for franklin in tn among all these other teams, then keep it up.

Wow I don't even know where to begin. First off I know for sure that nobody from franklin wrote that comment. We talked about it today at practice and everyone was genuinely upset about the fact that someone would say such a stupid and arrogant thing. To start off he says that DII is the hardest division in Tennessee, which is an obvious lie because that is why the divisions are set up the way are, to put the newer inexperienced teams in the division with less competition and the older more seasoned teams in the division that has the teams that have been playing lax longer. The second comment is that "Ravenwood aint got nothing on the Rebels". This i regret to say is untrue as well. As much as I would like to believe that Franklin is head and shoulders better that the Raptors the record shows that Ravenwood has seasonally beat the Rebels in lacrosse. This is not to say that we will not come out to play and I am sure they will not either, but I can also assure you that nobody on the Franklin lax team believes that we will mop Ravenwood or any other DI team for that matter. The final comment is just a testimony to the idiocracy of the writer. He puts down many other very good teams. He even has the nerve to pick on the second ranked team in the state (McCallie) for losing by 3 to CBHS. Just some more ironic things he did is called the next two teams on our schedule garbage (Centennial, Brentwood), not to mention calling out the third (Ravenwood). I am not trying to fight with anyone and I sure as heck am not trying to offend anybody, but I myself was just so offended by the fact that someone would try to make an entire lax team look bad when they know nothing about what they are talking about. So once again sorry to those that we offended by ballasofdasouf he is not part of the FHS lax team and noone on that team would be so arrogant as to write a comment like that.

QUOTE(MiniShields @ Apr 17 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826439661[/snapback]ballsofdasouf has no respect for any other teams in lacrosse if those teams are on his/her "garbage list", and if those teams are garbage, i.e. mccallie ravenwood webb houston etc., then who isnt. completely arrogant, ignorant, and uncalled for. and by the way if ballsofdasouf is trying to lose all respect for franklin in tn among all these other teams, then keep it up.

I agree with MiniShields. I am a Franklin parent and know the coach and players very well. I can't imagine any Franklin player posting such an ignorant and arrogant message as the initial post. I hope the other teams know it is not a reflection of the respect Franklin players have for the game and other teams.

For anyone who's read this chain, do everyone a favor - resist the temptation - and let it die. it's simply not worthy of further discussion. i would remind all of the lax lovers on Coach T to review one of the first posts of the season on rules. IF YOU CAN'T SAY SOMETHING NICE...

Wow......Well I don't hink I am the first to say this but.......Where to start??? The first thing is....Livelax99, I think iamavolzfan was responding to the first quote...I didn't find your post offensive at all, just stating facts. I hope I am correct on this matter.

Second, ballasofdasouf, I have noticed you have not tried to defend your comments that you so abruptly stated. I would suggest that you do identify what your purpose is and who exactly you represent. I am sure this was just a ploy to get some hype up for the Williamson County games, and we all appreciate your efforts. I think I speak for all of us when I say, their is plenty of hype in Williamson County Lacrosse, and that goes for all Williamson County Sports. Your negative posts are not needed to boost this hype anymore, and at no time should you ever say a team is "garbage". Any kid out there doing his best and having fun with his teammates does not deserve that. Thats what team sports are all about, no matter who is winning or losing. I suggest you keep your comments to yourself next time you get the urge. Franklin has grown into a fine team, and I hope the best for them. We will find out who the best teams are May 19-20.

hey i just wanted to apologize for my previous statement. we talked about it at practice today and i was wrong to say those things. what i meant to say is that we are the only undefeated team in the state and that goes to show that Franklin has a lot of potential to beat any d1 team.. sorry for starting stuff with 'half of the teams in the state'.. what i meant to say is that i think the rebels have a legitimate shot of beating any of those teams mentioned.. sorry for anyone who was offended

i think if the raptors overlook us that we can win 8-4

i think if they dont overlook us that we can win 9-8 (OT)

anyone got any other predictions to this rivalry game?