best team in d2

ballasofdasouf

QUOTE(ballasofdasouf @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826440155[/snapback]hey i just wanted to apologize for my previous statement. we talked about it at practice today and i was wrong to say those things. what i meant to say is that we are the only undefeated team in the state and that goes to show that Franklin has a lot of potential to beat any d1 team.. sorry for starting stuff with 'half of the teams in the state'.. what i meant to say is that i think the rebels have a legitimate shot of beating any of those teams mentioned.. sorry for anyone who was offended

i think if the raptors overlook us that we can win 8-4

i think if they dont overlook us that we can win 9-8 (OT)

anyone got any other predictions to this rivalry game?

If you are a Franklin player you are way overconfident. Franklin is the only undefeated team in Tennessee. Go to laxpower.com you will see that the schedule Franklin has played and games to be played is rated 78.8. The top D1 teams have played competitve schedules which far supass Franklin's. Ravenwood's is rated 87.2, MBA's 90.5, McCallie's 88.7, MUS 88.2, CBHS 88.2. These teams have scheduled the top teams from Indiana, Kentucky, Georgia, Texas, Missouri and Maryland. They have not won them all but they have truly elevated Tennessee lacrosse.

Franklin is no doubt the best team in D2, but next Tuesday when you play Ravenwood it will be the your biggest challenge by far. You will see what a difference playing a tough schedule makes.

I believe that Ravenwood will win the game it may be by 1 or it may be by 10 the spread doesn't matter.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been reading this post the whole time because of I am a huge fan of lacrosse! but i just couldnt get it out of my mind that teams would be trashing another like that.

On the otherhand...I am very glad that you had the courage to get on here and apologize to the state of TN for what you said. Good luck this year Franklin!!

Oh yeah forgot to say.....I saw McCallie play and all I can say is WOW!! They are soo smooth moving the ball around its ridiculous and I hear their not even the best. I wish I could see MBA, Franklin, or Ravenwood play.

QUOTE(fivehole @ Apr 18 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826440330[/snapback]You give a bad name to Franklin and to D2 lacrosse, pure arrogance.

As I have said in a post above, I do not agree with anything this player said; however, i do admire the courage to admit he was wrong and to apologize. As a retired Army officer, I have found that life is not determined by how many times you fall down in life. Rather, life success is determined by how you take falling down and what you do when you get up! This young man's poor choice of words do not represent the Franklin Rebel team, nor the true sportsmanship that they have shown this season. One can appreciate that words can hurt and that this sport is the ultimate in teaching young men and women discipline and professionalism. I admire and appreciate this spirit provided by all coaches and mentors in this sport. I think this subject has run its course so lets get back to playing ball.

QUOTE(ballasofdasouf @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:35 AM) 826440155[/snapback]hey i just wanted to apologize for my previous statement. we talked about it at practice today and i was wrong to say those things. what i meant to say is that we are the only undefeated team in the state and that goes to show that Franklin has a lot of potential to beat any d1 team.. sorry for starting stuff with 'half of the teams in the state'.. what i meant to say is that i think the rebels have a legitimate shot of beating any of those teams mentioned.. sorry for anyone who was offended

i think if the raptors overlook us that we can win 8-4

i think if they dont overlook us that we can win 9-8 (OT)

anyone got any other predictions to this rivalry game?

ok i am a member of the franklin high lacrosse team and first off i would like to say that we do not believe anything that ballsofdasouf said. I do believe that we could actually put up a good fight against ravenwood but those other teams aren't garabage. Also we do not know if ballsofdasouf is on our team or not and if he is then here is a apology for a very arrogant and dumb kid on our team. but i dont understand why you would make your own team sound cocky like that. seriously whoever you are you need a better apology then that. If you are on the rebels team then you are a disgrace to our team. Also i know that we haven't played the best of teams this year but don't over look us just because we are in D2. That is just simply a label.

QUOTE(Redtwin @ Apr 18 2007 - 09:17 AM) 826440237[/snapback]I don't think the Ravenwood v Franklin game will be close. I'll venture a conservatice guess and say Ravenwood by 5.

i'm gonnaa have to agree with at least 5. we havent seen a ravenwood reply yet, so i am guessing this is been seen by all the coaches and players and coach told them to let the sticks do the talking. remember that franklin won state last year and got beat up by ravenwood 10-3- scoring all three in the second half, which must mean ravenwood was playing their second string kids. i wouldn't be surprised after all of this talk if ravenwood plays their starters the entire game.

as a member of the brentwood team, we have already played franklin once this year and on the field they looked like a very good team. having said that i think they do have a claim to make that they have a shot at Ravenwood. I have also watched Ravenwood play on a couple of occasions this season and i have to say they looked impressive as well. for whoever made the claim that franklin has a lot of seniors that have been playing together for a while, ravenwood does too. ravenwood also has an all american in presley and a D1 signee in coll and wilson who just signed with a top notch D3 program. As for franklin i havent heard of a single college signing from one of their seniiors. I think franklin will put up a very good fight and prove they are a real team that can compete with some D1 teams this year but in the end i think Ravenwood is just a better team and should be able to pull away and fininsh the game when they need to

QUOTE(Lax @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826440646[/snapback]as a member of the brentwood team, we have already played franklin once this year and on the field they looked like a very good team. having said that i think they do have a claim to make that they have a shot at Ravenwood. I have also watched Ravenwood play on a couple of occasions this season and i have to say they looked impressive as well. for whoever made the claim that franklin has a lot of seniors that have been playing together for a while, ravenwood does too. ravenwood also has an all american in presley and a D1 signee in coll and wilson who just signed with a top notch D3 program. As for franklin i havent heard of a single college signing from one of their seniiors. I think franklin will put up a very good fight and prove they are a real team that can compete with some D1 teams this year but in the end i think Ravenwood is just a better team and should be able to pull away and fininsh the game when they need to

How many D2 guys do you actually see getting signed not just walking on but getting signed by D3 and up schools? I think the Ravenwood game on tuesday is anyones game it should be a good one to watch and not a 10-3 game like last year.

I do not have a whole lot to say accept for thank you to ballerofdasouf for making the entire franklin team do gassers today for an entire practice. You not only prove that you are arrogant but afraid to stand up in front of your so called team. If you really believe yoursef to be a man then i suggest you tell you team who you are because you not only embarrased yourself, but your team as well. Not only am I unhappy with your lack of respect for you teamates (by not showing yourself), but am completely unimpressed by your apology to the entire state of Tennessee for your vein comment that started a huge mess between Franklin and what seems like the world. I only hope that all the teams that this fool put down realize that it is not the entire Franklin lax team that thinks this way but only one person that obviously doesn't know a thing about lacrosse. So thanks again you moron for not only putting a target on our back, but for not bieng a man and fessing up to your idiocracy and making your entire team run the day before a very important game for us.

To say that D2 is the toughest division to face is idiotic. To say that some of the best teams in the south are garbage is beyond insane. Franklin looks up to Ravenwood, MBA, McCallie, and other schools by their sportsmanship and their athletic ability. Franklin has too much respect for these teams to trash them. Apparently it was posted by someone extremely new to this organization; for Franklin is not a team known for disrespecting others. Whoever posted such an arrogant comment has not only no respect for their opponents, but for their team as well. He has definitely dug a hole for Franklin - not only in the present season, but in the following seasons as well. We hope that every team included in his post can find a way to forgive the Franklin Rebels. We, as a team, apologize for his remark.