POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 9 2007 - 08:44 AM) 826455257[/snapback]I agree it will be a toss up but I'm not sure about the pitching. I think Johnny whole staff for both teams.

Both teams are due to hit the ball. Both teams will be throwing their 3,4,5 pitchers and this could be a high scoring game

If it starts like it did last night we could sell popcorn, cotton candy and sno-cones at that Circus. Tony needs to change the menu. I'm glad the game starts at 5:00.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 9 2007 - 08:08 AM) 826455277[/snapback]If it starts like it did last night we could sell popcorn, cotton candy and sno-cones at that Circus. Tony needs to change the menu. I'm glad the game starts at 5:00.

Thats funny.. I think I heard from Tony last night he was having Hot Dogs and Hamburgers. Should be a big crowd tonight.

Wish it was a 7 pm start that way our friends from the football team could have some fun.. Remember these are kids who just want to have fun.

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 9 2007 - 09:21 AM) 826455292[/snapback]Thats funny.. I think I heard from Tony last night he was having Hot Dogs and Hamburgers. Should be a big crowd tonight.

Wish it was a 7 pm start that way our friends from the football team could have some fun.. Remember these are kids who just want to have fun.

Thats what the kids told the teacher in the planned parenthood class. LOL! It may be fun but it can cause you alot of trouble. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 9 2007 - 09:49 AM) 826455384[/snapback]Thats what the kids told the teacher in the planned parenthood class. LOL! It may be fun but it can cause you alot of trouble. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

The kids know its all in fun.. The only problem will be if the parents start on the kids.. THAT'S WHERE I HAVE A PROBLEM..

I know the kids on both teams and respect the way they play the game..

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ May 9 2007 - 11:29 AM) 826455420[/snapback]The kids know its all in fun.. The only problem will be if the parents start on the kids.. THAT'S WHERE I HAVE A PROBLEM..

I know the kids on both teams and respect the way they play the game..

I agree totally. However, I don't like it if they start name calling. Students can have a good time making funny comments and yelling out players numbers but don't get personal by calling the players names and saying "you su**" etc. that shows no class IMO. I don't think we will have a problem with the players they have played hard in all three games and have represented their schools very well. Everyone should be proud of the way they have handled themselves.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 9 2007 - 11:36 AM) 826455479[/snapback]I agree totally. However, I don't like it if they start name calling. Students can have a good time making funny comments and yelling out players numbers but don't get personal by calling the players names and saying "you su**" etc. that shows no class IMO. I don't think we will have a problem with the players they have played hard in all three games and have represented their schools very well. Everyone should be proud of the way they have handled themselves.

I agree. Sometimes you have to remember these are 15-17 year old boys / girls. That have known each other their whole lives. Just remember in every barrel theres always at least 1 bad apple.

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ May 9 2007 - 10:23 PM) 826455896[/snapback]I am assuming that since all I hear out of Benton tonight is silence that Central must have won the game. Any details?

You are correct. Central won 7-4. Central put 6 up in the 3rd inning I believe. Polk loaded the bases in the bottom of the 7th, but Coleman came up big and got out of the mess. Polk good season jus came up a little short of your goal...

QUOTE(canadian @ May 9 2007 - 10:37 PM) 826455919[/snapback]You are correct. Central won 7-4. Central put 6 up in the 3rd inning I believe. Polk loaded the bases in the bottom of the 7th, but Coleman came up big and got out of the mess. Polk good season jus came up a little short of your goal...

yes wasnt the close game i expected but it seems that central cant finish games really well but i see two upsets tomorro in the future with central winning both tommorro .... well c if they can finish these games

sorry cats really hurts to no that u came up short ... but no negative stuff here ...played a tuff season but it always hurts wen the mighty blue rolls through ..... c ya next year lol

QUOTE(canadian @ May 9 2007 - 08:37 PM) 826455919[/snapback]You are correct. Central won 7-4. Central put 6 up in the 3rd inning I believe. Polk loaded the bases in the bottom of the 7th, but Coleman came up big and got out of the mess. Polk good season jus came up a little short of your goal...

You mean Colman got lucky he wasn't ejected. My hats off to the Chargers, but its too bad TSSAA couldn't get any better Umps ,than the ones

they had there. This was my first time watching these two teams play, I wasn't superized of the out come, after all you can't make that many E's

and expect to win. My hats off to all the Polk Boy's for not retalliating such an obvious cheap shot. Good luck to Central/meigs in the Region and

we will see you Polk Boy's next year.

Congratulations to Coach Hart and the Central players for the big win. Tonight should be a game just to relax and play, don't get caught up in your emotions of trying to beat Meigs twice because it won't happen. Play hard and get ready for Region play!

As for last nights game I said Polk had 2-3 weak spots and Central capitalized on them. The play at the plate with Coleman running over Qualls was a very bad call and it does not matter if he was up the line 3-4 feet he should have been ejected as the rule states. This could have changed the game but the call was not made and you have to go on. Polk did not deserve to win they made too many errors and their offense did not get the job done against Central's number 3-4 pitcher's.

Let me say this about Polk, IMO Coach Triplett needs to learn from this season. Defense determines the outcome of games 90% of the time not offense. Defense is something that if you work on enough you can count on the players making the routine plays most every time. On offense you are most likely going to fail a minimum of 6-7 times out of 10 so why count on offense to win games, when the percentages says you are going to fail especially against good pitching. As a Coach you have to play players where they will help you the most and he did not. Errors cost them two games against Central and one against Sweetwater that is the difference in advancing to the region instead of watching.

Congratulations to Polk on a great season you have nothing to be ashamed of. As for Tanner, Tyler, Josh, and Tracy I wish you the best of luck next year at Roane State and Ceveland State. You guys are wonderful and intelligent young men just remember baseball can be taken from you but an education will be with you forever. As for everyone else right now is the time to start working for next year. Get in the weight room, work on your weaknesses, go to a good D1 baseball camp, play somewhere this summer and probably the most important is to have fun while your doing it!