David Woodard(?) from East Robertson

hopalot

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(hopalot @ Apr 20 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826441725[/snapback]In attending the boys basketball state tournament for 28 years, he is the best athlete/leaper I have ever seen in person! People cannot understand how incredible this guy was w/o seeing it !!

He would definitely be on a very short list in my 35+ years of watching the tourney!

name='supersteve17' date='May 2 2007 - 04:08 PM' post='826450208']

He would definitely be on a very short list in my 35+ years of watching the tourney!

He is living in nashville i think and his son is a great ball player also he is having a nice aau season with i think the tn tigers but his father was one of the best leapers in the game i would say but watch out for his little one whos 15 he will be a great player.[/size]

QUOTE(scout25 @ May 3 2007 - 03:53 PM) 826451017[/snapback]He is living in nashville i think and his son is a great ball player also he is having a nice aau season with i think the tn tigers but his father was one of the best leapers in the game i would say but watch out for his little one whos 15 he will be a great player.[/size]

are they related to carlos woodard from east robertson who plays at vol state now? carlos broke a backboard in white house two years ago....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

David Woodard's nickname was Bird because he could fly.

I always wished he had played football. He had the physical talent to be an NFL receiver. East would have been unstoppable if he would have played with his uncle, Curtis. He wasn't as strong as Curtis, but he was faster. David had a tall, lean build while Curtis was by far the strongest person pound for pound that I have ever seen.

East Robertson didn't have a track team, but they took a few athletes to some meets. I think David actually won the state or placed in the 100m, the 200m, and the high jump.