Coach of the Year D-1/D-2?

LXFAN

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Little deserved it...He did great things with that team coming from a D-2 program. Harvey didn't really do anything outside the box...Not to take anything away from him. He has a GREAT program at MBA, but I think the award should be based on more than your record.

Yeh, i mean MBA has an outstanding program year in and year out. So he is obviously doing something right, and doing it consistantly. But, they do have a consistant feeder program, but I think (but I'm not sure) it is run by Harvey. So iono, i guess he is running the whole show and obviously doing it well. But i would probably give it to either Little or the CBHS coach depending on how well they show in the playoffs. They lost to ravenwood by 5, but they beat mccallie. I dont think they have played MBA, so that should be a good test for the team, and they get MUS again. If they were a favorite of some sort, I was not aware of it, but from my understanding they weren't picked to be a standout in the league as they are doing now. So, the CBHS coach is obviously having a good year. And as for Little, he has taken that one group of seniors and made them mesh and play like all-stars. Just a thought, just throwing it out there.

QUOTE(Mulloy5 @ Apr 23 2007 - 06:50 PM) 826443661[/snapback]Yeh, i mean MBA has an outstanding program year in and year out. So he is obviously doing something right, and doing it consistantly. But, they do have a consistant feeder program, but I think (but I'm not sure) it is run by Harvey. So iono, i guess he is running the whole show and obviously doing it well. But i would probably give it to either Little or the CBHS coach depending on how well they show in the playoffs. They lost to ravenwood by 5, but they beat mccallie. I dont think they have played MBA, so that should be a good test for the team, and they get MUS again. If they were a favorite of some sort, I was not aware of it, but from my understanding they weren't picked to be a standout in the league as they are doing now. So, the CBHS coach is obviously having a good year. And as for Little, he has taken that one group of seniors and made them mesh and play like all-stars. Just a thought, just throwing it out there.

CBHS lost by 5 to ravenwood but beat mccallie and then ravenwood beats mccallie by 10 so i think its gunna go to Little. I would pick the MUS coach over the CBHS coach if the Ravenwood coach didnt get it. If the coach comes from DII then itll be the Franklin coach I think he has just as good of a chance as any other coach in the state. Cant wait for that game tomorrow itll be very interesting to see what happens.

I honestly dont know how you can argue against Harvey deserving to get the award last year. His team beat Little's by 7 in the playoffs...the night before little was presented with the award. And then he led his team to win the Championship. Sounds like a pretty valueable coach to me.

And as for this year, Im not going to say who should get it, cause its only half-way through the season right now, and that would just be stupid to try to argue for someone when half of the big games have not happened yet. But i will say this: I garuntee you that no team in the state loves playing for their coach as much as MBA does for Harvey.

Yeh, i would agree with you on last year. Thats a pretty strong case for Harvey, but I have also heard that some MBA players did not like the coaching staff. Now, this is from just a couple players, and there were no names given out-so it could have been assistants and what not, but you can't really say that a certain team loves playing for their coach more than another school. Each team and coach have their own bond that makes it fun and what not. I honestly dont know who should or will win it this year, and to be honest haha I dont really even care.

QUOTE(Mulloy5 @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826443843[/snapback]Yeh, i would agree with you on last year. Thats a pretty strong case for Harvey, but I have also heard that some MBA players did not like the coaching staff. Now, this is from just a couple players, and there were no names given out-so it could have been assistants and what not, but you can't really say that a certain team loves playing for their coach more than another school. Each team and coach have their own bond that makes it fun and what not. I honestly dont know who should or will win it this year, and to be honest haha I dont really even care.

i would really like to know who those guys are...probably people who were not getting any playing time and were upset about it. MBA's coaches seem to have such a great, laid-back relationship with all their players. it is just hard for me to believe that after hearing so many good things about those coaches.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(LXFAN @ May 20 2007 - 08:48 PM) 826463709[/snapback]I hear Tyler hirsch got Coach of the year from Franklin. Well deserved I think. Bringing back to back Championships isn't easy...I think a move to D1 is inevitable!!!

my vote for D2 would be the cookeville coach. his team didnt even make the playoffs last year and this year they won the east and made it to the state championship game. i understand the arguements for franklins coach but he had basically the same team this year as last year's state championship team

QUOTE(fivehole @ May 20 2007 - 09:42 PM) 826463812[/snapback]coach of the year should go to a coach who has built a program over the years and has made success with that program. My problem with Tyler Hirsh getting coach of the year honors is that he began coaching a team last year that had talented players already.

The Cookeville coach has done a fine job. Coach Hirsch had the same team as last year...what some people don't realize is at one point in the 2006 season the team was 7-7 and then won out. It's not automatic you keep the momentum. Back-to-back is big. It's still Hirsh IMO.