Best 10th grader

footman_1tiger

QUOTE(TrentDilfer? @ May 26 2007 - 10:04 PM) 826467835[/snapback]He played baseball all year. Went to 2 practices all year before baseball ended, and by that time, it was sectionals. He basically ran a 4:52 1600 and 2:07 800 on talent alone.

If he only he would stop playing baseball and practice with the team... who knows what could happen.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chaz Scales from Centennial High School....Flash back(Older brother was a state champion by the name of Mardy Scales and is now sponsered by nike..look him up on ask.com in the pictures) And now younger brother is flowing his steps..Only a soph...and made it to state..in the 4x100 chs came in 2nd Tim Harris Freshod barlow Wayne Coffey and Scales....Freshod is the only one living...And chs well be back to state next yr to..put money on that.

He runs the 100 and 200 meters and also the 4x200 but thats pretty much the 4x100 team so they didnt want to run the 4x200...But Im not if Chaz ran the 100 and 200m all that at brentwood, So he thinking thats why he didnt make it to state for those....But freshod did, He came in 2nd in the state for 100m... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> The funny thing bout it, They didnt have a coach that much this yr...One of the coachs got a head coaching job for football at a diffirent school...And one of the coaches was pregent so she had to live, and the last coach was a long distance coach, So she couldnt really help them out...But back to 10th graders..Chaz well be a state champ in the 100 and 200m before he goes off to college...He is a star in football (Micheal Vick speed in arm) in basketball (Dewanye Wade skills)...He is a straight baller, He's been starting on varsity since his freshman yr...Is that enough said?? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(Get Like Centennial CuzZ @ May 28 2007 - 05:00 PM) 826468514[/snapback]He runs the 100 and 200 meters and also the 4x200 but thats pretty much the 4x100 team so they didnt want to run the 4x200...But Im not if Chaz ran the 100 and 200m all that at brentwood, So he thinking thats why he didnt make it to state for those....But freshod did, He came in 2nd in the state for 100m... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> The funny thing bout it, They didnt have a coach that much this yr...One of the coachs got a head coaching job for football at a diffirent school...And one of the coaches was pregent so she had to live, and the last coach was a long distance coach, So she couldnt really help them out...But back to 10th graders..Chaz well be a state champ in the 100 and 200m before he goes off to college...He is a star in football (Micheal Vick speed in arm) in basketball (Dewanye Wade skills)...He is a straight baller, He's been starting on varsity since his freshman yr...Is that enough said?? /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

OK, so what you're trying to say is that he is like a Pro Bowl QB in football, a superstar NBA Finals MVP in basketball, and not as good as Mahaney?

I lost all respect for you with those two comparisons, btw.

Man what schools do Sonnenfeldt, Mahaney, and Matthews they go to..Chaz is getting letters from REALLY good colleges in football track and basketball..He haves the brain to, he's a straight A student..I aint going to go into that tho..But yeah what schools they go to and what times they running??? TrentDilfer? He haves those skills on a high school level....You can find stuff on him all da time in the magazine "On The Ball" high school sports..

QUOTE(Get Like Centennial CuzZ @ May 29 2007 - 01:48 AM) 826468651[/snapback]Man what schools do Sonnenfeldt, Mahaney, and Matthews they go to..Chaz is getting letters from REALLY good colleges in football track and basketball..He haves the brain to, he's a straight A student..I aint going to go into that tho..But yeah what schools they go to and what times they running??? TrentDilfer? He haves those skills on a high school level....You can find stuff on him all da time in the magazine "On The Ball" high school sports..

my SAT score just went down after reading that post

QUOTE(stealthccrunner3200 @ May 29 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826468735[/snapback]my SAT score just went down after reading that post

agreed.

i think matthews is running the mile at the distance carnival so we can find out how much he's improved since last year as a freshman. i think he can probably go close to 4:16-17 for the full mile, he's around the same level as keveren was his sophomore year. the difference is matthews is a 10k runner running times like that in the mile/2mile, keveren is made for those distances. matthews will be an absolute beast when he hits the college scene in the 5k/10k

is matt coming in to run the mile too because i know mahaney is so if all 3 of the guys we have been talking about are in that race it would be pretty cool

Bill told me he wasn't going to do it. Opting to start summer base instead. He ran the 4:21 with no speed work in early May going 67 for the first lap. I'd love to see him make a go but it won't be nearly as spectacular as when he gets some speed work under him next spring.

I'd love to see Sonnendfelt run sub 4:20. I hope it happens. I think Mahaney can come pretty close to nailing the 4:25 mark on saturday as well. It's going to be a loaded race.

Yeah... I can't wait for the 8k/10k college races. I'd love to do a 10 mile race with some of these guys sometime.