I thought I`d start this thread in case anyone has some trivia they`d like to test the knowledge of other Plus members with.

I`ll start by asking what Major League player had the most hits in the 90`s?

btw...use the honor system. No fair trying to google the answer. If you know it great, but if not take a guess without trying to look it up. Anyone can look answers up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Apr 24 2007 - 06:43 PM) 826444383[/snapback]I thought I`d start this thread in case anyone has some trivia they`d like to test the knowledge of other Plus members with.

I`ll start by asking what Major League player had the most hits in the 90`s?

btw...use the honor system. No fair trying to google the answer. If you know it great, but if not take a guess without trying to look it up. Anyone can look answers up.

The most logical answer would be either Gwynn or Boggs. But it seems I remember at the end of the decade Mark Grace and Rafael Palmero battling it out for most something in the decade with Grace coming out on topand both had a lot of hits. Not sure, Since Boggs heyday was more in the 80's, I'll go with Gwynn.

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Apr 26 2007 - 06:49 AM) 826445692[/snapback]Correct...

justdontno I figured you`d get this. I`m so disappointed. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

give me another one!!!!!!!!!! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Apr 26 2007 - 05:49 AM) 826445692[/snapback]Correct...

justdontno I figured you`d get this. I`m so disappointed. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I through his name in, Don't I get 4 quesses /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Who is the only person to hit 50+ Home Runs in a season in the 70's?

How many people hit 50+ Home Runs in the 80's?

QUOTE(jusdontno @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:25 AM) 826445848[/snapback]I through his name in, Don't I get 4 quesses /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Who is the only person to hit 50+ Home Runs in a season in the 70's?

How many people hit 50+ Home Runs in the 80's?

George Foster and I believe no one did in the 80's

QUOTE(REDSOX @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826445945[/snapback]George Foster and I believe no one did in the 80's

Correct--Foster hit 52 in 77. One of 4 MVP's on that team that won 6 MVP's between 70 and 77. Bench in 70 and 72, Rose in 73, Morgan in 75 and 76 and Foster in 77. For you Cardinal fans 2 Cardinals won MVP's in the 70's. Keith Hernandez and Willie Stargell were Co-MVP's in 79 and a slow footed catcher better known as Yankees Manager Joe Torre hit over 360 in 71 and claimed MVP honors.

Big Cecil Fielder hit 50 in 90. 16 times in the 90's there was a 50 Home Run season and 12 times already since 2000.