Under the radar.

Realax

Okay, I agree with Redtwin and Bank of Dad. Instead of "overrated", why don't we discuss who is underrated - someone who is doing very wel, but who might not get all of the attention. What about the LSM's, the faceoff guys, the poles, the goalies, etc. These are players who don't get all the points or stats, but do a great deal for their team.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Realax @ Apr 24 2007 - 11:43 PM) 826444730[/snapback]Okay, I agree with Redtwin and Bank of Dad. Instead of "overrated", why don't we discuss who is underrated - someone who is doing very wel, but who might not get all of the attention. What about the LSM's, the faceoff guys, the poles, the goalies, etc. These are players who don't get all the points or stats, but do a great deal for their team.

Taylor Malone #5 face off middie for Franklin is pound for pound one of the best players in the state. While not caring much weight or size, he can destroy a defense with his quickness and is an excellent defender as well. He has a big motor and never gives up on any play. I like to refer to him as Mighty Mite. Also Austin Breckenridge #21 sophomore attack is overpowering and very quick for his size. He had three of Franklin's first four goals in the first half versus Ravenwood. Before running out of gas and playing a much higher rated and skilled Ravenwood team, Austin showed why he will be a force to be dealt with over the next few years.

You cannot call someone underrated when they are an allstate player or someone in the top 5 in state for pts. and a shoe-in for allstate this year. Webb's face off guy is pretty good. I haven't seen anyone better at faceoffs except for the guy from the Florida team that we played. Franklin's dpole (62 I think) is freaking good too. Patterson from West Knox should also get some credit his way just for the shere number of goals.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(cavlax17 @ May 5 2007 - 01:10 AM) 826452254[/snapback]Both of the Webbs have good faceoff guys, but I was refering to Knox's face off-scoop duo. They just killed us on most of the faceoffs, and congrats on the win vs. West

Ya they killed us too. I think the face off guy is Zack Barton, a senior, and the wing is Will Tullock, a junior. Tullock is the long pole, and I think that is the way Barton was going with it.