29-4 and not a peep

Stonewall

DB would be good no matter what conference they played in. It isn't their fault that 7 of the 9 teams are not state contenders. They play the hand they are delt. They don't dodge competition. They play a solid non-conference schedule.

The Big 9 is down now. However, it wasn't that long ago that it was one of the best in the state. (Sullivan North State Champs '83 and '85, Sullivan South State Champs '87, Runner-ups North in '84, DB in '94 and 96, Science Hill State Champs in '98). It is not the greatest record but is still worthy to be considered pretty darn good.

DB is doing what they should be doing. Just like Farragut, Oakland, Germantown and all the big boys do. They beat who they are suppose to beat. Besides if you take Farragut out of the scenerio, Knoxville would have only one team (Halls '04) to have even played for a State Championship since 1990 (Knox Central State Champs). As a matter of fact the Knoxville region in AAA spend many years not sending a rep. to the tourny (during the final 4 days). They have benenfited from the 8 team field.

Both regions are proud of their teams as they very well should be. Respect is the key. If DB was bad and no one respected them, we wouldn't be on this thread. We don't have these discussions about mediocrity. I know we respect Knoxville and I know they respect us. So let the chips fall where they may and lets see who wins this go around.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ May 3 2007 - 07:49 AM) 826450707[/snapback]none in which have won the state in the last ten year, wait thats wrong, I think oakland has

5A is football and riverdale has won 2 in the 2000s oakland won theirs in98 we also won one in 97 and 94...baseball oakland won theirs in 99 and 2000

The Tribe faithful are not saying a whole lot right now,we are trying to let the players do the talking on the field.We play whoever wants to play us.We are not bragging about anything.A bullseye was put on our backs by a ranking that made no sense then or now.Farragut is a lot better than DB. Right? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

QUOTE(plowboy2 @ May 3 2007 - 06:04 PM) 826451049[/snapback]Farragut is a lot better than DB. Right? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Farragut did win the game they played this year. But according to all the DB faithful it was against a JV pitcher. From what I heard and read Farragut should've won without going to extra innings but DB got lucky and the ump called a HR off a hit that clearly hit the wall and nothing else and he was thrown out at 3rd which wouldve ended the game but instead the ump claimed it hit the net or something.

QUOTE(Stonewall @ May 2 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826450546[/snapback]We don't race to the computer to woof about Halls, Farragut, or S-D losing.

Region 2 folks don't race to the computer to woof about D-B losing, either. It is, after all, only region 1. No point wasting a woof on the minor leagues.

QUOTE(LCborn @ May 3 2007 - 08:20 PM) 826451227[/snapback]Region 2 folks don't race to the computer to woof about D-B losing, either. It is, after all, only region 1. No point wasting a woof on the minor leagues.

Some day, some way, DB is going to win their first state championship since the Eisenhower administration in some sport. I just hope it is not in baseball. /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

In baseball, yes. Farragut is better than DB. The game they played this year was over in the 7th, but the umpire thought he'd give the powerful big nine champs another 2 innings to try to win...and last time i checked...the winning 2 runs were scored off of none other than Bo Burton...i believe down in kingsport he is considered their ace??? but thats probably on jv though right? you should stop making excuses and just face the fact you cant win the big one

QUOTE(Stonewall @ May 3 2007 - 12:04 AM) 826450560[/snapback]The Ooltewah loss you speak of was the finals of a tournament where D-B's coach told the tournament director that they would have to go home win or lose after the semi's because they were out of pitchers. The final went into the books as a 7-0 forfeit because the game was never played. Obviously the media up here isn't counting that game. If you wish to count it, the Indians are 30 and 5, not 30 and 4.

I don't have a horse in this race, but thats a freaking joke. If you're out of "pitchers" put SOMEBODY on the hill. It doesn't matter if you've used up all the kids that you WANT to pitch. Say look at single A teams. Some play 5 or 6 games a week. But at some A school, you only have like 3 or 4 kids that can actually pitch worth anything, but in the 5th and 6th games, they bite the bullet and put someone up there anyway. Play the game.

Like I said for the 10th time, D-B started a pitcher that wasn't even in their rotation due to arm problems, and had only pitched 2 innings all year before he started that game. If I do remember correctly, D-B had the lead when he left the game, after 4. I wonder what would have happened if they didn't have a pitch count limit on him and let him go all 7? Stop whining about the officiating, D-B gets poor officiating and extra strong pools every year in Knoxville. The ball did go out, it hit the one of the poles behind the fence and bounced back in, or it wouldn't have popped up in the air. If it had just hit the fence it would have bounced straight down it's just simple. The sportsbelle is a joke, why did everyone in D-B's pool play each other but D-B? D-B was the only team out of the whole tourny who faced 2 teams from another pool in pool play?!?! There was never even a reason explained to us why either? and it just so happend it was a 1 or 2 seed from those pools in being Goodpasture and McCallie. Read carefully, I dont want to have to repeat myself yet an 11th time.

I've tried in previous posts to maturely explain to you my original reasoning for this thread and the local flavor that inspired it. That's not working for you because you are obviously a snot nosed little punk who's never achieved a single thing on a field of athletics anywhere. Maybe you'll be right and D-B will get knocked out by a mighty Knoxville team again. If not, I won't waste anymore time on you, but know that somewhere I'll be making fun of your childish ignorance. You won't know because you will likely be scanning the mail in hopes that Mom's Penny's catalogue comes....what a jerk!

QUOTE(LCborn @ May 3 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826451227[/snapback]Region 2 folks don't race to the computer to woof about D-B losing, either. It is, after all, only region 1. No point wasting a woof on the minor leagues.