10 AA tourney

LCHSpanthers4419

QUOTE(baseball @ May 2 2007 - 07:16 PM) 826450320[/snapback]2 great games to start the tournament. Loser goes home! i could see the Visitors winning both games but my prediction is Loretto barely hanging on and Spring hill pulling off a upset sending the Pats home early.

I think Loretto and Page advance to next week. Good luck to all teams.

With all the teams probably throwing their #1 pitchers, it could be the winners will have the hottest bats. Lewis Co. is a lot better than their record indicates and Loretto did lose their last two district games to Spring Hill, but I still think that Loretto will win. Spring Hill has been playing better lately and Page has lost some tough out of district games recently, but I think the Patriots will be ready and will win. The big winner today (Thursday) could be the weather so the games could be postponed until Friday, Saturday, or even Sunday. The play in games must be completed before Monday's games at Marshall Co. and Giles Co.

hopefully they can get the games in today. i think they both will be good games. i think page will win and if lewis can cut down on the errors the could pull off the upset. james pitched well against loretto in the regular season he lost 6-5 he only gave up 2 earned that game and lewis had a chance to win in the 7th. good luck to all the teams. pageman keep us updated on the rain.

Here is the email I sent our coach a few minutes ago concerning weather for Page:

At 11 AM there is a light band of rain in Maury Co. that could affect us early this afternoon, but it appears most of the severe weather is in southern Illinois, NE Missouri, NE Oklahoma, and Eastern Texas. Movement is generally to the NE away from us. There is little activity in Mississippi and Alabama that could affect us. Unless heating of the day causes pop up storms later this afternoon, I think we will be able to play.

WeatherMan

Loretto had small storm pass through earlier in the day, but they have an infield tarp so unless something else develops this afternoon, I think they will be able to play there.

I'll keep an eye on the radar for further development of storms.

A line of storms developed west of Lewis Co. that stretched SE towards the Alabama line, but as of 2 PM, it appears to be weakening and it's not very wide. I don't think it will be enough to affect either the game in Loretto or Page. There was another cell in West Central Alabama earlier that has also weakened so I think the games should be able to be played today. I'm leaving for the Page field shortly - good luck to all the teams.