Science Hill Football 2007

topvol98

Ok, how long should i wait? Anything is possible and I'm not trying to overlook anyone, right now the focus is on Austin East, the frist scrimmage, with the eye to South. All I was expressing that Elizabethton is the team that looks the weakest of the first six teams that Science Hill will face to open the season. Do you Disagree? In case you don't know those teams are Sullivan South, Elizabethton, Morristown West, Sevier County, TN High and Knox Bearden. All of these teams except Betsy could be ranked in the top ten in the state in their classifications. Throw in the fact that it will be Coach Smith's first game at Memorial Stadium and it will be a major uphill battle for the cyclones. This team is more talented than the team that should have won at Betsy last year by three touchdowns. I know that you don't have an Preston Smith's athletic ability at qb and he took a beating last year and this defense will be alot faster and nastier. I'm sure that alot of Elizabethton will be at South as will alot of JC at the Betsy game the following night so we will have a lot more to talk about on August 25th but until then tell me what team on Science Hills schedule do you think that Elizabethton looks better than?

i will agree with betsy being the weakest team on the schedule, hey want the truth eliz want beat them this year besty will be going thru a rebuilding stage for 2-3 years. i am a cyclone fan so hey of course id love nothing better to upset the hill... but anything can happen on friday nights thats why we play the game right.. good luck im going to try to get together a big tail gate before the game if i do come on over and join us your welcome to

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, how long should i wait? Anything is possible and I'm not trying to overlook anyone, right now the focus is on Austin East, the frist scrimmage, with the eye to South. All I was expressing that Elizabethton is the team that looks the weakest of the first six teams that Science Hill will face to open the season. Do you Disagree? In case you don't know those teams are Sullivan South, Elizabethton, Morristown West, Sevier County, TN High and Knox Bearden. All of these teams except Betsy could be ranked in the top ten in the state in their classifications. Throw in the fact that it will be Coach Smith's first game at Memorial Stadium and it will be a major uphill battle for the cyclones. This team is more talented than the team that should have won at Betsy last year by three touchdowns. I know that you don't have an Preston Smith's athletic ability at qb and he took a beating last year and this defense will be alot faster and nastier. I'm sure that alot of Elizabethton will be at South as will alot of JC at the Betsy game the following night so we will have a lot more to talk about on August 25th but until then tell me what team on Science Hills schedule do you think that Elizabethton looks better than?

It's good to see that the Toppers will be playing West and Sullivan South this year.

It's good to see that the Toppers will be playing West and Sullivan South this year.

Yeah, without traveling all the way to Knoxville for tougher games, I thought South and M. West were good upgrades in scheduling. The Toppers have a pretty tough schedule.

Some people say…well, they are JUST 4A teams! I think TN High, S. South, M. West and Betsy are “quality” ball clubs. Betsy might need a couple years, but I have no doubt they will be back where they once were.

HE'S A BEAST AND WILL LEAD THE HILLTOPPERS TO THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP..... I CANT WAIT TILL THEY BEAT DB

Bring it on!We have been waiting for that kinda attitude for a long time.The Hill could have beat us last year in JC,but they quit running the ball.Sensabaugh made some bigtime catches to save the game.Good Luck.

Ok, how long should i wait? Anything is possible and I'm not trying to overlook anyone, right now the focus is on Austin East, the frist scrimmage, with the eye to South. All I was expressing that Elizabethton is the team that looks the weakest of the first six teams that Science Hill will face to open the season. Do you Disagree? I know that you don't have an Preston Smith's athletic ability at qb and he took a beating last year and this defense will be alot faster and nastier. I'm sure that alot of Elizabethton will be at South as will alot of JC at the Betsy game the following night so we will have a lot more to talk about on August 25th but until then tell me what team on Science Hills schedule do you think that Elizabethton looks better than?

Those Cow Towners' don't appreciate what they had in Smith the last few years. He'll be missed sorely this season and yes, he took a total beating for those nucklehead coaches last year. Now those clowns run the show

With Coach Smith at SH you'll see some wide-open football and a refreshed feel of excitement. Same at Cow Town but not at the same level. It will take the Cyclones several years to recover and if my mind serves me right, this year's QB may be in for the same beating that was administered last season to P Smith. On the other hand, the Toppers have a full house of athletes and size to go with it. It'll be a grand show.

I noticed on the sideline SH has a new assistant coach. He also officiates the Big 9 in basketball. He is one of the

better officials in the Big 9. I would expect that he will not be allowed to officiate in the Big 9 since this would be a

conflict of interest with other schools.

I noticed on the sideline SH has a new assistant coach. He also officiates the Big 9 in basketball. He is one of the

better officials in the Big 9. I would expect that he will not be allowed to officiate in the Big 9 since this would be a

This is for anyone. Is Scott Smith still the coach at Science Hill or has he moved on yet to what he thinks is going to be a better place?

Any you have certainly waited awhile at this point.

Does SH have a four-way scrimmage coming up in the Knoxville area this next weekend?

The 3-way scrimmage between Oak Ridge and Maryville has been cancelled for whatever reason. SH will be heading to Austin-East Aug. 3rd.

This is for anyone. Is Scott Smith still the coach at Science Hill or has he moved on yet to what he thinks is going to be a better place?

I'm not sure what you mean?? But, Smith is certainly still the coach and there are 2 new additions (that I am aware of) to the coaching staff. One is from Tullahoma H.S. and the other is from Byrnes H.S. from S.C.; both are great additions to the program.

That's a horrible thought.