Trotz and Staff Renewed for Next Year

From ESPN and AP

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Nashville Predators general manager David Poile picked up the option Friday on coach Barry Trotz and his assistants for next season as a reward for the best season in franchise history.

The Predators had chosen not to pick up that option before the 2006-07 season, and Poile said last week the move was to let everyone focus on the season. The Predators responded with 110 points and finished third in the NHL with a record 51 victories.

But Nashville finished with the No. 4 seed in the Western Conference and lost to fifth-seeded San Jose in the quarterfinals in five games for a second straight year.

Trotz is the only coach the Predators have had, and he ranks 16th on the career list for most games (656) coached with the same team.

Poile stated in an interview that the Preds accomplished alot of goals this year, and the next goal will be getting over the playoff hurdle.

This remains a HUGE hurdle for the team, as they discuss their reconstruction for next season. Is this a good move, a wise move, or a stupid move? Thoughts?

I was reading the San Jose Mercury News, and they are complaining about their collapse in the same terms as we are. What happened? Do we need to shake up the team? What about the players who had strong regular seasons disappearing in the playoffs (Marleau vs. Kariya and Legwand)? Can we keep our players? They were also complaining about the lack of shots, looking for the perfect passing lanes, stupid penalties (stop me if you heard this before...)

Question: Would the Preds have fared better this year playing the Wings first?

Sharks power play was non-existant in the post-season.

QUOTE(fromthetop2 @ May 9 2007 - 08:46 AM) 826455258[/snapback]I was reading the San Jose Mercury News, and they are complaining about their collapse in the same terms as we are. What happened? Do we need to shake up the team? What about the players who had strong regular seasons disappearing in the playoffs (Marleau vs. Kariya and Legwand)? Can we keep our players? They were also complaining about the lack of shots, looking for the perfect passing lanes, stupid penalties (stop me if you heard this before...)

Question: Would the Preds have fared better this year playing the Wings first?

Sharks power play was non-existant in the post-season.

yes

• 2 weeks later...