Rankings Final

mjuhb

QUOTE(mjuhb @ May 8 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826454990[/snapback]hendersonville 4-1 gallatin

wilson central 2-1 lavergne

lavergne and gallatin have both been eliminated

hey mjuhb? didnt you have these two teams on your rankings all season in the top 25? (not trying to start a agruement, just asking.)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sdhsdefender14 @ May 8 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826454995[/snapback]hey mjuhb? didnt you have these two teams on your rankings all season in the top 25? (not trying to start a agruement, just asking.)

yeah #8 gallatin and #10 lavergne

plus ravenwood got beat last night

How can FRA be ranked in front of hume fogg even though they beat hume fogg early in the season, FRA lost twice to Lipscomb who was in the bottom of the district and hume fogg beat lipscomb twice and lipscomb put FRA out of the district tournament in the first round and yet hume fogg is in the finals again with CPA so please explain to me how FRA a team with a 8-4-4 record is two spots higher than hume fogg with a 13-2-2 record and finished second in the district and FRA finished fifth and got put out in the first round of the district tournament and hume fogg is in the final. Sounds a little political to me don't you think?

QUOTE(volball625 @ May 9 2007 - 08:26 AM) 826455237[/snapback]How can FRA be ranked in front of hume fogg even though they beat hume fogg early in the season, FRA lost twice to Lipscomb who was in the bottom of the district and hume fogg beat lipscomb twice and lipscomb put FRA out of the district tournament in the first round and yet hume fogg is in the finals again with CPA so please explain to me how FRA a team with a 8-4-4 record is two spots higher than hume fogg with a 13-2-2 record and finished second in the district and FRA finished fifth and got put out in the first round of the district tournament and hume fogg is in the final. Sounds a little political to me don't you think?

That shows how much standings are worth. Sure standings are fun to see and analyze but really thats all they are there for, you cant base a teams heart and determination to win a ball game on where they are ranked. Come tourney time the team that wants it the most will prevail! Good luck To all District finalist!

QUOTE(volball625 @ May 9 2007 - 08:26 AM) 826455237[/snapback]How can FRA be ranked in front of hume fogg even though they beat hume fogg early in the season, FRA lost twice to Lipscomb who was in the bottom of the district and hume fogg beat lipscomb twice and lipscomb put FRA out of the district tournament in the first round and yet hume fogg is in the finals again with CPA so please explain to me how FRA a team with a 8-4-4 record is two spots higher than hume fogg with a 13-2-2 record and finished second in the district and FRA finished fifth and got put out in the first round of the district tournament and hume fogg is in the final. Sounds a little political to me don't you think?

How can it be political? As far as I know we don't vote on these rankings and there is not a board that sits around week in and week out to discuss who should be on the rankings(except the people on this forum). Usually if a teams case is pleaded well during the season, they will find themselves on the rankings. This poll is a dictatorship at its best, one mans opinions and ideas. I know I have a hard time trying to figure out a top ten list, let alone a top 25 for all divisions.

I for one would like to thank MJ again on a job well done this season. These always add some spice to the discussion boards during a long season that usually only has a handful of exciting games for the top teams. I look forward to seeing the preseason rankings for the girls in the fall and I know the boys season isn't over yet, but I still can't wait. Congrats to all the teams still playing and good luck the rest of the way. Remember it doesn't matter where you have been on the rankings this season now, it only matters where you are going finish up in the end.

Sequoyah 0-1 Boyd Buchanan. (extra time)

Ended in extra time, and we were a man down after a (questionable) red card for about all but ten minutes of the second half and all of extra. We were also missing our coach, who HAD to take a buisness trip to Germany.

But this ain't to take away from Boyd. Both of our teams played their heart out, including some injured players on our side. Both teams made good chances, they just put one of their's away.

Seeing Sequoyah had been 3-10(?) and 3-6-2 in the last two years, for us to go 7-6-1 is awsome.

It was nice, after the game we walked over and told the fans thanks, and they told us great job. And after the game while we were all circled up talking about the season, some parents came over and kept complimenting us.

It was a fun season, and with all of our Defense coming back next year, and 6+ jr's returning, and more then 3 or 4 sophmore's returning, next year maybe a great season.

Best of luck to CSAS and Boyd. CSAS seems to be a very classy and good team. And boyd is a very good and, with the exception of one player, seems to be classy also. best of luck.

do you even see fra on the board anymore

fra's schedule is a little tougher then than hume-fogg's

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ May 9 2007 - 10:16 AM) 826455349[/snapback]I for one would like to thank MJ again on a job well done this season. These always add some spice to the discussion boards during a long season that usually only has a handful of exciting games for the top teams. I look forward to seeing the preseason rankings for the girls in the fall and I know the boys season isn't over yet, but I still can't wait. Congrats to all the teams still playing and good luck the rest of the way. Remember it doesn't matter where you have been on the rankings this season now, it only matters where you are going finish up in the end.

Got to agree with Soccer Gypsey, dont know how MJ does it, but putting the effort in to come out with these rankings every week during the season has to be applauded. They have certainly added to the board this season, a very good season on the boards with no idiots coming on a slagging players and teams, thanks to Big G for that.

District Finals

AAA

2 Morristown West vs Greenville

5 McMinn Co vs Cleveland

6 Ooltewah vs Soddy-Daisy

7 Blackman vs Cookville

8 Tullahoma vs Shelbyville

9 Wilson vs Hendersonville

10 Dickson Co vs Clarksville

11 Glencliff vs McGavock

16 Central vs Kingsburry

AA/A