White County High School

Bill#49

To the moderator that deleted my last post on this subject:

I mean no disrespect to Coach Brown or to White County High School. I didn't realize Coach had left and wanted to know where he was going.

FB - White County High School is now accepting applications for a head football coach. Applications will be accepted through May 16 at 10:00 am. Send resumes to White County Board of Education at 136 Baker St., Sparta, TN 38583. For more information call (931) 836-2229 or (931) 836-3214. (05/03/2007)

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(beethoven @ May 6 2007 - 11:15 AM) 826452815[/snapback]He must've wanted to return to small school ball....

My uninformed guess is that he likes the challenge of going to a school that is down, and building up a system for success, and then moving on to the next one. Just speculation, of course.

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(beethoven @ May 31 2007 - 08:34 AM) 826469556[/snapback]Who's the new HC?

Josh Kerr, son of Larry Kerr: a football coach at another school. 29 years old I think, first time head football coach with five years experience working as his dad's assistant coach.

http://www.spartaexpositor.com/sportsdetai...p?ArticleID=962

I guess they were looking for youth this time around /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(SpartaWarrior @ May 7 2007 - 05:47 PM) 826453764[/snapback]My uninformed guess is that he likes the challenge of going to a school that is down, and building up a system for success, and then moving on to the next one. Just speculation, of course.

I'm sorry but you're kidding me right! Builded you up!? I mean ya'll are competitive now but you never even won a region championship yet... I can't believe that's the extent of his "rebuilding" program,so that now he wants another "challenge"!?

No one would just "decide" to go from 4-A White County to 1-A Clay County. You talk about down...that place is down...way down.

My guess is there is more to this story.Coach Brown seemed to be doing a great job(from an outsiders view). I really wonder why he left.?

Anyway,good luck with the Celina Bulldogs!

THE SQUAD /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(THE SQUAD @ Jun 1 2007 - 01:55 AM) 826469978[/snapback]I'm sorry but you're kidding me right! Builded you up!? I mean ya'll are competitive now but you never even won a region championship yet... I can't believe that's the extent of his "rebuilding" program,so that now he wants another "challenge"!?

It is relative. If you make 4 bucks a week, and then all of the sudden you are making $40 a week, you get to call it a "raise" even though many would scoff at that income as well. Sparta football was bad, very very bad, before Coach Brown showed up. Not only in wins and losses, but morale, fan support, etc.

Despite the fact that we "never even won a region championship yet", almost everybody in White County is very pleased with the performance of our football team the past few years. You go to the game, and you actually think they may have a shot at beating their opponent. And about 50% of the time, they do! People who are in the playoffs every year just don't understand being excited about that, but hey. We are and that's all that matters.

QUOTE(SpartaWarrior @ Jun 1 2007 - 12:53 PM) 826470087[/snapback]It is relative. If you make 4 bucks a week, and then all of the sudden you are making $40 a week, you get to call it a "raise" even though many would scoff at that income as well. Sparta football was bad, very very bad, before Coach Brown showed up. Not only in wins and losses, but morale, fan support, etc.

Despite the fact that we "never even won a region championship yet", almost everybody in White County is very pleased with the performance of our football team the past few years. You go to the game, and you actually think they may have a shot at beating their opponent. And about 50% of the time, they do! People who are in the playoffs every year just don't understand being excited about that, but hey. We are and that's all that matters.

We were pleased and brown did fine but lets move on,Coach kerr is a breath of fresh air and knows the game.He has been around it all his life.To succeed in White county in my opinion here is what has to happen1-YOUTH PROGRAM which is getting better it starts here.2-GETTING THE ATHLETES TO PLAY kids have to realize they can play both football and basketball when you only have 30 players dressing out for a 4-a school something is wrong. 3-The county, faculty and students all need to get aboard lets let him do the coaching and everyone else support him and enjoy it!!!!IF ANYONE SEES OR TALKS TO KIDS LETS GET THEM OUT THERE FOOTBALL IS FUN AND LETS HELP OUR NEW COACH OUT.