Giles Co. beats Loretto 4-2

SuperSport

The "bob-kittens" beat the mustangs, in a disorderly, non-defensive game. Giles made a ton of errors while Sanderson stayed focused and did his job.

In a game where one of the umpires didnt see a play that happened, a parent charged the field after the opposing coach, and there was constant crying in one dug-out, Buttrum pitched well, and Loretto's d looked ok.

Could be interesting how this tourne turns out.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 8 2007 - 07:52 AM) 826454190[/snapback]Thanks, GCBBCTS. Sometimes it's those big hits with runners on that can decide the game.

I'll ask some of the GC parents about last night's altercation on the field to see if any other info is available.

About the ballgame last nite...it was a good one but the calling was horrible on both sides. Luke B was pitching last nite and done a good job but twice a boy on giles stuck out his elbow to get hit. It was very obvious!! Then the umpire in the field made several bad calls on both sides!! I yet to understand how can one steal a base get under the 2nd basemen and be called out while the 2nd basemen is up in the air trying to catch to ball? It confuses men and about the parent...I believe it was from our side lol-when the kid (the same one as before) stuck his elbow out and got a base Unbelievable!! Overall the ballgame was worth 5 bucks watching!!! LOL

QUOTE(lorettobaseballfan @ May 8 2007 - 01:43 PM) 826454537[/snapback]About the ballgame last nite...it was a good one but the calling was horrible on both sides. Luke B was pitching last nite and done a good job but twice a boy on giles stuck out his elbow to get hit. It was very obvious!! Then the umpire in the field made several bad calls on both sides!! I yet to understand how can one steal a base get under the 2nd basemen and be called out while the 2nd basemen is up in the air trying to catch to ball? It confuses men and about the parent...I believe it was from our side lol-when the kid (the same one as before) stuck his elbow out and got a base Unbelievable!! Overall the ballgame was worth 5 bucks watching!!! LOL

I AGREE THE UMPIRES DID NOT HAVE A GREAT NIGHT AND IT DID AFFECT THE GAME TO SOME DEGREE. HOPEFULLY THE TEAMS MEET AGAIN AND THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS. THIS IS A GREAT RIVALRY.

Thanks lorettobaseballfan. I'm beginning to get the picture now. The game was in Pulaski and the umps favored Giles - I guess there must have been some good food at the Hickory House after the game for the umpires. Seriously, I guess everyone makes mistakes, but I bet there won't be any "winging" to get on base in Lewisburg tonight. Any chance of the names of the umpires - just curious.

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 8 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826454610[/snapback]Thanks lorettobaseballfan. I'm beginning to get the picture now. The game was in Pulaski and the umps favored Giles - I guess there must have been some good food at the Hickory House after the game for the umpires. Seriously, I guess everyone makes mistakes, but I bet there won't be any "winging" to get on base in Lewisburg tonight. Any chance of the names of the umpires - just curious.

IT WAS NOT THAT THE UMPIRES WERE JUST BAD FOR LORETTO. THEY WERE BAD BOTH WAYS.

QUOTE(PageMan @ May 8 2007 - 03:15 PM) 826454610[/snapback]Thanks lorettobaseballfan. I'm beginning to get the picture now. The game was in Pulaski and the umps favored Giles - I guess there must have been some good food at the Hickory House after the game for the umpires. Seriously, I guess everyone makes mistakes, but I bet there won't be any "winging" to get on base in Lewisburg tonight. Any chance of the names of the umpires - just curious.

Plate umpire was Miles from Pulaski.

QUOTE(GCBBCTS @ May 8 2007 - 03:20 PM) 826454615[/snapback]IT WAS NOT THAT THE UMPIRES WERE JUST BAD FOR LORETTO. THEY WERE BAD BOTH WAYS.

Ok that explains alot if he was from Giles...I mean seriously isn't it suppost to be a rule not to call in your own district? Well it's over with now but the field ump was from maury or that's what I heard!!! LORETTO won tonight against Springhill!!! WAY TO GO BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The coaches vote on what Association of umpires get to call the district tournament. Loretto and Lewis Co. use the Lawrence Co. Association. Spring Hill, Marshall Co. and Giles Co. use the Columbia Association and also Page used the Columbia Association until this year. Now Page gets there officials from the Nashville Association. the coaches meet for the district tournament the 3 Columbia Association schools always vote for their Association so they always win the vote. So this might be somewhat of a reason why Marshall Co and Giles gets the home cookin in the district tournament.