Giles Co. beats Loretto 4-2

SuperSport

Can these two teams meet and nothing happen? Really, I havent seen a clean game in years between these teams. If we want to talk about home-cooking, we could talk about every team left in this district tourne. Isn't that some of the point of home-field?

You say Miles is from Pulaski, but I guess you don't know how bad he loves to screw Giles Co. He's done it for years, and may be last night he had a "bad game".

As far as the parent goes, I wont say who because the player cant help what his parents do.

Let the games be played, and the winners and losers decided. In no game so far have the umpires completely changed the outcome of the game. Champions overcome controversy, losers dwell on it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SuperSport @ May 8 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826455040[/snapback]Can these two teams meet and nothing happen? Really, I havent seen a clean game in years between these teams. If we want to talk about home-cooking, we could talk about every team left in this district tourne. Isn't that some of the point of home-field?

You say Miles is from Pulaski, but I guess you don't know how bad he loves to screw Giles Co. He's done it for years, and may be last night he had a "bad game".

As far as the parent goes, I wont say who because the player cant help what his parents do.

Let the games be played, and the winners and losers decided. In no game so far have the umpires completely changed the outcome of the game. Champions overcome controversy, losers dwell on it.

your right supersport Miles don't like Giles very well. Homecooking is why teams want home field advantage your right. If it were not for umpires Loretto would be undefeated every year to hear those people tell it.

I spoke briefly with Giles Coach Mark Cardin before the game in Lewisburg last night and he said the whole incident with the Loretto parent coming on the field was blown out of proportion. I didn't have time to get a comment on the umpires and I also didn't get any comments from the Giles' parents either.

At last night's game between Marshall and Giles in Lewisburg, the umpires were Don Boshears and Mack Emmett. There were some close calls in the field, at the plate, and in regards to balls and strikes, but overall they didn't seem to favor either team. It's a hard job that I could never do so I applaud their efforts.

Sorry about the name error Coach Cardin

QUOTE(SuperSport @ May 8 2007 - 10:46 PM) 826455040[/snapback]Can these two teams meet and nothing happen? Really, I havent seen a clean game in years between these teams. If we want to talk about home-cooking, we could talk about every team left in this district tourne. Isn't that some of the point of home-field?

THANK YOU SUPERSPORT. YOU CAN LOOK AT UMPIRES, ALTERCATIONS, WHATEVER YOU WANT. THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT THE KIDS WIN OR LOSE GAMES.

I agree no parent should go on the field, but I guess the Loretto parents feel different. A ballgame is the kids' time to shine, not the umpire's, coaches' or the parents'.

The umpiring for the MC GC game was pretty bad both ways, considering they were two of the most expirienced umpires in this district. Pageman, I 100% agree with you, it's a hard job that I couldn't do and I applaud thier efforts.

Coach Mark Cardin is the head coach at Giles Co.

QUOTE(SuperSport @ May 9 2007 - 08:51 AM) 826455264[/snapback]Coach Mark Cardin is the head coach at Giles Co.

Thanks SuperSport - I've been having trouble with names since my medical problem Thursday night. I think I suffered some brain damage because of low blood sugar. I'll try to be more careful with everybody's names.

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 9 2007 - 06:22 AM) 826455151[/snapback]no parent should go onto the field

If a parent goes onto the field after a coach it don't matter which coach he should banned from the games the rest of the season. If you have a problem with the coach off the field and in private is where it should be handled not out in front of fans and players. Then you don't risk having it blown out of proportion.