Best ever @ state

steelerwhit

Kristine West, Harpeth Hall singlehandedly outscored the 2d place team at the 1996 state meet. That was the next to last pre- split state track meet, which make her accomplishment all the more impressive. SHe went on to run track at Princeton.

I saw Ramon Clay, who's mentioned above, several times-- he was the best sprinter ever from Nashville. An alternate on the 1996 Olympic team, losing out very narrowly to Carl Lewis in the 200.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ May 10 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826456523[/snapback]i think jackie will end up getting way more than 10 and thats with the 4 event limit and not competing in the pent. so she can only win a maximum of 16. if there was no event limit she would probably be winning 6-8 in one year (100, 200, 400, 100HH, 300IM, LJ, and maybe a relay or two if she is extremely well conditioned)

JC is a huge talent

but the 400-300im-200 might be the most absurb thing ever...almost unthinkable

also ben davies will probably break 10 total championships

already has 4 going into state jr year

gotta think he will get 5 this year and next

QUOTE(JuhaV??t?inen @ May 13 2007 - 08:00 PM) 826458598[/snapback]JC is a huge talent

but the 400-300im-200 might be the most absurb thing ever...almost unthinkable

also ben davies will probably break 10 total championships

already has 4 going into state jr year

gotta think he will get 5 this year and next

I don't know how much inside info you have on the subject but do you know what events he's planning on doing at state? Obviously 3 of the 5 you are talking about are decathlon and the 2 hurdles, then probably pole vault and what would be his last one?

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ May 14 2007 - 12:19 AM) 826458741[/snapback]I don't know how much inside info you have on the subject but do you know what events he's planning on doing at state? Obviously 3 of the 5 you are talking about are decathlon and the 2 hurdles, then probably pole vault and what would be his last one?

I would assume, and I have no inside info, that his last event would be the 4x400, but I could be wrong.

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ May 13 2007 - 11:19 PM) 826458741[/snapback]I don't know how much inside info you have on the subject but do you know what events he's planning on doing at state? Obviously 3 of the 5 you are talking about are decathlon and the 2 hurdles, then probably pole vault and what would be his last one?

I have no inside info

but I think maybe shot put, he threw 48'11'' or maybe another open event...ba has way to much depth in the running events to put a guy like him on a relay

IMO they go 3:25 without him and chris vaughn at state on the 4x4

in the end though it will be where he can get the most points, BA is very weak in the field events

...if he ran the 4x4 though BA would be a lock to win it

QUOTE(Angus @ May 10 2007 - 02:38 PM) 826456609[/snapback]I think Beth Tallent (David Lipscomb) won something like 12 total State titles in CC and track. Was also part of a State championship basketball team.

I was on the CPA school board when we interviewed Beth Sheridan. I was reading over her resume as the interview was going on and it said something about 12 state championships. I asked the guy sitting next to me (the headmaster) if this was a mistake. He said Beth's maiden name was Tallent. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> She got the job.

QUOTE(JuhaV??t?inen @ May 14 2007 - 01:18 PM) 826458945[/snapback]I have no inside info

but I think maybe shot put, he threw 48'11'' or maybe another open event...ba has way to much depth in the running events to put a guy like him on a relay

IMO they go 3:25 without him and chris vaughn at state on the 4x4

in the end though it will be where he can get the most points, BA is very weak in the field events

...if he ran the 4x4 though BA would be a lock to win it

unless this is an off year (which it may be for all i know, i'm not a middle seciton D2 expert) 48'11" won't do that well at state. schools like mba usually have some throwers but they may not this year

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ May 14 2007 - 04:41 PM) 826459028[/snapback]unless this is an off year (which it may be for all i know, i'm not a middle seciton D2 expert) 48'11" won't do that well at state. schools like mba usually have some throwers but they may not this year

49' might not win but it will score some points...the past couple years that would be anywhere from 5th-3rd

TJ could be a good event but that isnt real good for the legs the morning of state

i bet they either go sp or 4x4

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE(steelerwhit @ May 8 2007 - 11:06 PM) 826455063[/snapback]It would be hard to find anyone that has ever had a performance, at the state meet, that would equal what Larry Cantrell (Goodletsville High) had in the mid 80's. He won the state by himself. 4 events, 40 pts. He won the longjump (around 22'), the 200, the 100 (10.6) and he ran an incredible 400 in 46 seconds. He was a tailback that weighed around 220lbs. He went to Alabama and just missed the Olympic team in the 400. Any of you "OLDTIMERS" remember Larry?

Lary Cantrell is my older cousin and I've heard so much about him but I've never met him before. Can sum one tell me a lil more about his accomplishments.