consideration.

Sincerely,

Principal or AD signature

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 11 2007 - 05:55 PM) 826457513[/snapback]Mr. Ronnie Carter, Executive Director

TSSAA

PO Box 319

3333 Lebanon Road

Hermitage, TN. 37076

Mr. Carter

My school would like to see an appeal made of the amendment to Article IV

Section 11 of the TSSAA Bylaws (Sports Calendar) approved by the TSSAA

Legislative Council on March 15, 2007. Thank you for your time and

consideration.

Sincerely,

Principal or AD signature

I think you need to elaborate a little more. Some of us don't know what you refer to. And so we hit the little green back button. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(ice @ May 13 2007 - 02:27 AM) 826458320[/snapback]I think you need to elaborate a little more. Some of us don't know what you refer to. And so we hit the little green back button. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Article IV Section 11 of the TSSAA Bylaws (Sports Calendar)

is referring to

http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/2007SportsCalendar.htm

"Elimination of open facilities in spring sports until January 1."

Qick catch up. It is a very 2 sided issue that has strong emotions on both sides. Those that believe that certain programs, coaches, etc. are dominating youth 24/7 and want year round programs and those who believe kids should play multiple sports and be more involved in other activities including family.

You can say that it adversly affects schools but as in another post I stated, it's really the small town schools that are far away from a metropolis that will suffer greatly. Schools in the 'Boro and Nashville, Dickson and Chattanooga will merely shift their focus on travel teams and not miss out of too much training. But, schools with facilities anywhere in the state should not be banned from holding their doors open for anyone to come in and train, if that's what this is doing. Rules by the TSSAA just keep me scratching my head.

This ruling has all the appearance of an attempt to satisfy...

(1) a bunch of screaming parents that "believe" their kids are hindered to play other sports because of apparent pressure to practice another. This boils down to Political Correctness running amok. Though their actions were probably noble to an extent, the result is catastrophic to sport oriented schools, which is really what this is all about.

(2) The whiners have cried saying that THIS school has bigtime practice facilities and "THEIR" school does not. Well, guess what, the parents have pooled their monies and sacrificed their time to build them. Just because others sit on their fat "BUTTS" and whine about it, others suffer.

Take my advice and either do something about it as David proposes, hold meetings and rallies "OR", do nothing.

"THOSE THAT ARE MOTIVATED, SHALL BE STRUCK DOWN BY THE WEAK MINDED." ......ERA

This has been one of my quotes for years....been it, lived it. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

QUOTE(ERA @ May 13 2007 - 10:53 AM) 826458401[/snapback]You can say that it adversly affects schools but as in another post I stated, it's really the small town schools that are far away from a metropolis that will suffer greatly. Schools in the 'Boro and Nashville, Dickson and Chattanooga will merely shift their focus on travel teams and not miss out of too much training. But, schools with facilities anywhere in the state should not be banned from holding their doors open for anyone to come in and train, if that's what this is doing. Rules by the TSSAA just keep me scratching my head.

This ruling has all the appearance of an attempt to satisfy...

(1) a bunch of screaming parents that "believe" their kids are hindered to play other sports because of apparent pressure to practice another. This boils down to Political Correctness running amok. Though their actions were probably noble to an extent, the result is catastrophic to sport oriented schools, which is really what this is all about.

(2) The whiners have cried saying that THIS school has bigtime practice facilities and "THEIR" school does not. Well, guess what, the parents have pooled their monies and sacrificed their time to build them. Just because others sit on their fat "BUTTS" and whine about it, others suffer.

Take my advice and either do something about it as David proposes, hold meetings and rallies "OR", do nothing.

"THOSE THAT ARE MOTIVATED, SHALL BE STRUCK DOWN BY THE WEAK MINDED." ......ERA

This has been one of my quotes for years....been it, lived it. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

There should be no such thing as a "sports oriented school" in the first place. This rule will hopefully stop coaches who insist a player only play one sport. I don't know exactly when sports became a job instead of playing for fun but it needs to get back to where it is fun, for the player, not the parents.

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ May 13 2007 - 09:38 PM) 826458680[/snapback]There should be no such thing as a "sports oriented school" in the first place. This rule will hopefully stop coaches who insist a player only play one sport. I don't know exactly when sports became a job instead of playing for fun but it needs to get back to where it is fun, for the player, not the parents.

This is a true dichotomy - how can someone 'Lovethisgame' but not want to do what it takes to succeed while 'loving the game'.

I WISH I had the opportunities the kids have today. And NOTHING keeps a player from playing 2 or 3 sports - here in Rutherford County several kids play baseball and basketball or baseball and football, others play football and basketball and some play all three.

And remind me again how SOFTBALL is affected by FOOTBALL? I didn't know that a lot of young ladies were complaining because they couldn't play softball and football????

High School sports isn't a JOB. Believe me, after high school a lot of kids will learn what a true JOB is. But SUCCEEDING in High school sports does require a lot of WORK.....

And I think you will find that the vast majority of kids who 'lovethisgame' enjoy the WORK.....

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 13 2007 - 09:54 PM) 826458688[/snapback]This is a true dichotomy - how can someone 'Lovethisgame' but not want to do what it takes to succeed while 'loving the game'.

I WISH I had the opportunities the kids have today. And NOTHING keeps a player from playing 2 or 3 sports - here in Rutherford County several kids play baseball and basketball or baseball and football, others play football and basketball and some play all three.

And remind me again how SOFTBALL is affected by FOOTBALL? I didn't know that a lot of young ladies were complaining because they couldn't play softball and football????

High School sports isn't a JOB. Believe me, after high school a lot of kids will learn what a true JOB is. But SUCCEEDING in High school sports does require a lot of WORK.....

And I think you will find that the vast majority of kids who 'lovethisgame' enjoy the WORK.....

David, I think we found a lazy fat "BUTT" in the audience. These are the same people that run around telling you that you can't do this or that. They don't want people to succeed and they want to make sure you don't have the opportunity to. Just be like everyone else, you know, like commie countries. By the way, have you earned any carbon credits? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ May 13 2007 - 08:38 PM) 826458680[/snapback]There should be no such thing as a "sports oriented school" in the first place. This rule will hopefully stop coaches who insist a player only play one sport. I don't know exactly when sports became a job instead of playing for fun but it needs to get back to where it is fun, for the player, not the parents.

Sir with all due respect if a coach doesnt want a kid to play more than 1 sport a rule is not gonna change how he feels about that!!!if a baseball coach doesnt like his guys playing football a rule like this will not change that coaches mind rules dont change personal opinions. All this has done is hurt kids like mine that only want to play baseball or in this boards case softball. I can take my kid to lessons at 30-40 dollars a pop and he can get better but since i cant afford that my child is gonna have to play catch up. The booster clubs have worked hard to buld these facilities and now the TSSAA is telling us that we cant use them til Jan 1st and then after a few weeks there is a dead period

As far as a sport being a job YES that is how it is treated however my kids dont have ot ogout and get a job when i was in high school i had to quit football and go to Hardees and work 40 hours a week to help out at home with bills I wanted my kids to learn the same things i did llike responsiblity and hard work but i wanted them to still have FUN playinga sport you have to work to get on the feild but you are having fun playinga sport. Kids still need to learn responsiblity and they have all their lives to get a job so let them play but they still need to work

that is just my opinion

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 13 2007 - 10:30 PM) 826458736[/snapback]Sir with all due respect if a coach doesnt want a kid to play more than 1 sport a rule is not gonna change how he feels about that!!!if a baseball coach doesnt like his guys playing football a rule like this will not change that coaches mind rules dont change personal opinions. All this has done is hurt kids like mine that only want to play baseball or in this boards case softball. I can take my kid to lessons at 30-40 dollars a pop and he can get better but since i cant afford that my child is gonna have to play catch up. The booster clubs have worked hard to buld these facilities and now the TSSAA is telling us that we cant use them til Jan 1st and then after a few weeks there is a dead period

As far as a sport being a job YES that is how it is treated however my kids dont have ot ogout and get a job when i was in high school i had to quit football and go to Hardees and work 40 hours a week to help out at home with bills I wanted my kids to learn the same things i did llike responsiblity and hard work but i wanted them to still have FUN playinga sport you have to work to get on the feild but you are having fun playinga sport. Kids still need to learn responsiblity and they have all their lives to get a job so let them play but they still need to work

that is just my opinion

This, as other things has been made too compicated by some commitee trying to tell us, the FREE American public what we can do. Let me make it simple for you. [/size]If you want your kid to play more than one sport,go for it (freedom)! Please don't be happy that someone has told my kid that they can't (loss of freedom). No coach can tell you what to do, however you are now forced to make a decision (something parents don't want to do or teach their kids how to do). The TSSAA has no right to tell any athlete what they can do when they are not on a TSSAA roster. Like in the former comment, I cannot afford to run all over the country trying to help my child get more experiance. The only thing we can do is hope someone in the legal community will pick up on this violation of our rights. Is it feasable to start a petition to be signed and sent to TSSAA to try and repeal the ammendments made this spring.

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ May 13 2007 - 08:38 PM) 826458680[/snapback]There should be no such thing as a "sports oriented school" in the first place. This rule will hopefully stop coaches who insist a player only play one sport. I don't know exactly when sports became a job instead of playing for fun but it needs to get back to where it is fun, for the player, not the parents.

I love your statement, then the quote at the bottom of your comment. It makes things so easy for us. "Sports oriented school?", I think they go to class during the day and are offered a sport in the afternoon (sounds like sour grapes, coming from someone who hasn't beat their rival in a few seasons.) Maybe we should do away with the Presidental Physical Fitness Awards given to students who excel in their PE classes too. To even contemplate an athlete turning pro out of high school (about one in every 500,000) is silly, but an athlete getting a scholarship to a college or university (about one in every 500) is feasable. That is why kids "work" their butts off to achieve it. Crying you "Lovethisgame" ,but "should play more than one sport" and then using the quote "to beat the best, you have to play the best" is classic. How can you love "this" game and expect to beat anyone, or get good enough to, laying on your butt during the off season. I don't know a student/athlete playing a sport that doesn't love it, you can't make teenager work hard enough to compete if they didn't. Ohhh! I love this game and the things people say before they think it through.