Farragut/Karns

dins8

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 13 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826458549[/snapback]Based on what I saw from the West/Karns game last night when it was on tv I would say that Karns had no offense. They were on defense for 90% of that game.

FHS 4 KHS 0

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ May 13 2007 - 08:57 PM) 826458691[/snapback]How much will it help Karns that their coach knows some of these Farragut players well? Will his knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses help them at all in this game?

the fact that mike coaches most of farragut boys won't make any difference. it might if there were maybe one or two good players...but farragut's team has 11 of them. they can't man mark the whole team. farragut has way too much skill and talent to be contained or contested by karns. farragut 5-0 only b/c they put in their subs

Karns has by far the better coach in Mike McClean, but that just won't help against a team dominated by his own club players. Knowing a player's weaknesses won't help you if you don't have the power to deal with his strengths. Farragut wins this one in spite of their severe disadvantage in the coaching department. Farraget's players will take the team the rest of the way, too, I predict.

Enjoy it, Boys!

QUOTE(stevescarb @ May 14 2007 - 05:37 AM) 826458756[/snapback]Karns has by far the better coach in Mike McClean, but that just won't help against a team dominated by his own club players. Knowing a player's weaknesses won't help you if you don't have the power to deal with his strengths. Farragut wins this one in spite of their severe disadvantage in the coaching department. Farraget's players will take the team the rest of the way, too, I predict.

Enjoy it, Boys!

Although I think Mike has done an outstanding job this year, I think this post is a bit of a low blow to Culbreth and the rest of the Farragut coaching staff. I am sure the Farragut coaches have given it there all this year, and the time and dedication that they give to kids deserves respect.

I, too, disagree with a lot of the decisions that Culbreth makes, but I am sure parents and fans disagree with a number of decisions that I make. Let's also not forget the Culbreth has taken his team to a state championship on more than one occasion, and I wouldn't be surprised if they have another great run this year.