Lenses

Hi all,

It has been six months since I have visited the site. I was very excited to see the photography site. I want to make sure I do this the correct way but I would love to offer any advice concerning photography, cameras, lenses, etc. (especially volleyball) I have my own PT business focused on volleyball photography. I have logged over 18,000 shots in the last year, wasted alot of money buying the wrong equipment, and would have loved to have an experience person guide me initially. I will be perusing the site on a regular basis now that I know it is here and hopefully I can help someone avoid the mistakes I made.

Have a super day!

VBBourka

QUOTE(VBBourka @ May 22 2007 - 06:39 PM) 826464724[/snapback]Hi all,

It has been six months since I have visited the site. I was very excited to see the photography site. I want to make sure I do this the correct way but I would love to offer any advice concerning photography, cameras, lenses, etc. (especially volleyball) I have my own PT business focused on volleyball photography. I have logged over 18,000 shots in the last year, wasted alot of money buying the wrong equipment, and would have loved to have an experience person guide me initially. I will be perusing the site on a regular basis now that I know it is here and hopefully I can help someone avoid the mistakes I made.

Have a super day!

VBBourka

Glad to have you with us in this forum. I always need advice.

I feel like I am in pretty good shape on indoor and daytime equipment but still am looking for a night-time (football under the lights) solution. Not sure what I have will do much good.

QUOTE(coacht @ May 24 2007 - 07:35 AM) 826465863[/snapback]Glad to have you with us in this forum. I always need advice.

I feel like I am in pretty good shape on indoor and daytime equipment but still am looking for a night-time (football under the lights) solution. Not sure what I have will do much good.

This is what you need.....set you back about 6-7000. If the price of Plus Membership suddenly goes up, we will know what happen!!!!

• 1 month later...

The 70-200 f4 is a good lens, but you should've invested a little more and got the 70-200 2.8 if you are looking for something to use for fridaynight football. Thats what stays on my camera most of the time, it's one of the most used lens for lowlight action photography. Now I would love to have the 300 2.8 or 400 2.8, but they are out of my price range for now, maybe one day! Here is another lens that I have heard good things about, and would like to try sometime, Sigma 120-300mm 2.8. Does anyone have one of these, or know someone that has one?