What is happening at State!?!?

PinballWizard

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ May 16 2007 - 09:38 AM) 826460184[/snapback]anyone got a update on whose in and out, scores, upsets, times?

Div. II

Franklin vs. Collierville @ MBA 6:00 PM Saturday

Brentwood vs. Cookeville @ MBA 8:00 PM Saturday

Division II Championship Game @ MBA 10:00 AM Sunday

It is absolutely propostorous that the D2 championship is at 10 in the morning on Sunday. This especially terrible for the team that has to play at 8. Our game will not start till at least 830-45 because we have to warm up and wait for the other game to end. That means it will not finish till 1030ish. Then neither team will be home/hotel till at least 11-11:20. Then we will not fall asleep till at least 1230-1, only to wake up at 7 extremely exhausted to play another game. I do not mean only Cookeville when I say we, Brentwood will have the same problems. Cookeville has to miss all of our graduation celebrations to be able to go to this, and two teams are going to miss Baccalaureate services. That is just a crappy reason for such a freaking early game. The championship game is just going to be a competition of which team wakes up first.

QUOTE(cavlax17 @ May 18 2007 - 01:00 AM) 826461736[/snapback]It is absolutely propostorous that the D2 championship is at 10 in the morning on Sunday. This especially terrible for the team that has to play at 8. Our game will not start till at least 830-45 because we have to warm up and wait for the other game to end. That means it will not finish till 1030ish. Then neither team will be home/hotel till at least 11-11:20. Then we will not fall asleep till at least 1230-1, only to wake up at 7 extremely exhausted to play another game. I do not mean only Cookeville when I say we, Brentwood will have the same problems. Cookeville has to miss all of our graduation celebrations to be able to go to this, and two teams are going to miss Baccalaureate services. That is just a crappy reason for such a freaking early game. The championship game is just going to be a competition of which team wakes up first.

If Brentwood wins though then its not such a problem for yall. I agree that the schedule isnt the greatest this year (I personally liked how they did it last year on friday night and saturday at noon) but we just have to deal with it and play. Looks like you don't have much of a problem staying up late since you posted at 12 midnight and you most likely have school and practice today.

QUOTE(cavlax17 @ May 18 2007 - 12:00 AM) 826461736[/snapback]It is absolutely propostorous that the D2 championship is at 10 in the morning on Sunday. This especially terrible for the team that has to play at 8. Our game will not start till at least 830-45 because we have to warm up and wait for the other game to end. That means it will not finish till 1030ish. Then neither team will be home/hotel till at least 11-11:20. Then we will not fall asleep till at least 1230-1, only to wake up at 7 extremely exhausted to play another game. I do not mean only Cookeville when I say we, Brentwood will have the same problems. Cookeville has to miss all of our graduation celebrations to be able to go to this, and two teams are going to miss Baccalaureate services. That is just a crappy reason for such a freaking early game. The championship game is just going to be a competition of which team wakes up first.

Great midnight post.

Just play...you know, the whole season was moved back one week to accommodate other teams' graduations. If it had been the same week as last year and with Friday and Saturday dates, there would be no problem. There were not enough fields last night to do four semi games.

I noticed in your reply that you did not miss graduation...just the celebrations. You can celebrate tomorrow, right? Baccalaureate is also important to student-athletes and every effort should be made to do what is the best for the most.