FARRAGUT VS BEARDEN

ktownman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ShowTime3 @ May 17 2007 - 07:20 PM) 826461423[/snapback]Wow! Farragut did not get a PK this game!

really helpful post there showtime...

anyways, it was a well played game for both teams (i know the score doesn't say that)...farragut definitely had their chances. ben played really well as usual and although he didn't score, tom played very well for bearden. in my opinion farragut just got out coached. the players all played pretty well (adam was in goal though). farragut (except on the goal) let bearden set up in their defense and brian played his normal game and dominated anything in the box. the goals pretty much all came on counters i think where bearden had everyone 7 defending and farragut had 7 attacking and bearden would win the ball and play it long and let their forwards go 1 v 1 and get the ball for a breakaway. all the goals came when each team had numbers on the attack. the first was great recognition of the open goal from about 40 yards and hemmingway just put it on frame...the rest of bearden's were great balls slotted through that farragut just couldn't handle...on farragut's #12 was on the right wing and sent a ball back post and ben volleyed a rocket near post to beat walker.

good luck to both at state...they should each go far

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 17 2007 - 06:58 PM) 826461400[/snapback]Final

Bearden 4

Farragut 1

Goal #1-BHS- Keeper for Farragut came out about 25 yards and ended up kicking it right to a Bearden guy. Guy shoots the ball into wide open goal.

Goal #2-BHS- Keeper for Farragut comes out but is a little late and Bearden guy gets the ball and goes right around him.

Goal #3-BHS- Bearden guy gets ball and runs and shoots and scores.

Goal #4-FHS- Good cross and Farragut guy kicks it in.

Goal #5-BHS- A possible offsides, but no call. Bearden guy shoots and scores.

Goals Called Back (Would have been goals #6 & #7 for the game)

Goal #1-FHS- Good direct kick, bounces off of keeper right to Farragut guy. Ref calls offsides after ball is in the back of the net.

Goal #2-FHS- Ball is bouncing around and basically the same thing as called back goal #1. Farragut is called offsides.(Definitely not as bad of a call from my perspective as the 1st called back goal)

I don't really think you can say Bearden "dominated", but they were def. the better team. Farragut had the ball near the box alot just never really got anything. Bearden just took advantage of every chance they had.

Edit: I forgot to add that there was what me and basically everyone around thought was a fairly obvious hand ball in the box. It was after BHS was up 2-0 and about 2 minutes before BHS scored #3.

adam coming too far out of box and kicking it right to the other team??? that never happens!

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 17 2007 - 11:30 PM) 826461638[/snapback]adam coming too far out of box and kicking it right to the other team??? that never happens!

AHAHA yeah, well it was a good choice for him to come out to get the ball it was just bad luck that where he kicked it a bearden guy was standing there waiting for it. Other than that goal and the 2nd one I thought Adam played alright. He had a few really nice saves before the 1st goal.

Here is the explanation on what happened on Backstom's direct kick where the offsides was called........A Farragut player was in offsides position as Backstrom took the kick. Since at this point the player is not involed in the play the shot had it made it in the goal would have counted. The ball rebounded off the keeper and the player (preveously offside) shot the ball. But because he was in offside position when the orginal ball was shot, when it rebounded, he is ruled to have receeved an advantage by being in offside position on the shot and is offside. The goal is disallowed.

The AR made the correct call.

QUOTE(CoachJoeTB @ May 17 2007 - 11:56 PM) 826461677[/snapback]Here is the explanation on what happened on Backstom's direct kick where the offsides was called........A Farragut player was in offsides position as Backstrom took the kick. Since at this point the player is not involed in the play the shot had it made it in the goal would have counted. The ball rebounded off the keeper and the player (preveously offside) shot the ball. But because he was in offside position when the orginal ball was shot, when it rebounded, he is ruled to have receeved an advantage by being in offside position on the shot and is offside. The goal is disallowed.

The AR made the correct call.

I think if anyone was offsides it was Brendan Cook on the right side near the outer area of the box, and well he did not score the goal(atleast I don't think it was him, maybe it was.) I think that is a bad rule. It makes sense, but once a player for the other team touches the ball it should be fair game no matter where you were lined up before he touched it.

oh well. it is hard to see with all those people in that small area.

Boy did I call this one wrong...My assessment of this game pretty much follows what has already been said, with shims4 rising to the top of the analyst pool.

Farragut's guns couldn't put anything on frame through seven defenders and the great play of Bearden's keeper, although they had their chances.

Bearden made hash out of Farragut's defensive plan, which Farragut stuck to right to the bitter end.

Bearden's first goal was a brilliant shot from way out in the suburbs into an empty net. It seemed to fly forever. I was on the Bearden end at the time and the crowd reaction will be a fond memory.

Adam made some great saves against far far too many Bearden chances, and got punished for a couple of serious mistakes.

As for Bearden's offensive mvp, I can't figure out whether it should be Beaden's keeper, Brian(?), whose massive punts gave his three forwards a ton of 50-50 balls at the Farragut 30, or the Farragut defensive formation...Where was the fourth horseman? He missed the Apocolypse.

As for the officiating...it made no difference in the outcome and was pretty good overall, but...

Farragut lost two goals on offsides calls. I was hanging with several club coaches who thought Farragut got robbed on the first one, and so did I. I was well out of position on the second call and so was the AR. Those two calls going the other way would have made for a much more interesting game.

The non-call on the handball looked correct to me also, and anyway, I think Mr. Compton has already given out his pk award for this year.

The game was physical but, other than a couple of muggings, was pretty clean. The Bearden yellow card was fairly earned and fairly given. Lots of no calls on pushing and shirt tugs. It's dangerous to let that go in a heated rivalry like this one.

Both teams played with the intensity we expect from these great rivals. I think there will be one more meeting this year.