First Class A-AA qualifies for state

NSIndiansFan

haha are you serious really if i recount all the shots you guys had you wind up with about 6 all together... yeah and all those throwins which was about 40 were chances... and the penalty you must be kidding. Do you honestly think he could have slid 6 yard in the box on his face on a dry hard pitch like that? no way. Obvious penalty. As for the tackle. Your 30 yards from goal it could have been a foul, but he got all ball as well, but 30 yards from goal is hard to produce anything

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're exactly right.. madison had several chances to score but they DIDN'T, Westview had fewer opportunites but they actually made their shots.. Madison did play a great game, but Westview played better.. the only player that did anything for Madison was easily stopped by Westview's defense.. there is no doubt the better team won

Going back to the Haywood/Northside issue, really what it all came down to was dedication...Haywood had a few key players who just gave up in the end. It was definitely a sad day in Haywood soccer history, one that hopefully won't soon (or ever) be repeated. No one on the outside knows the whole story, and doesn't really need to. There were guys who wanted to play that game so bad that they were willing to do it with only 9 men and half of the starters missing, but it was too much of a risk. It wasn't about vacation or work or graduation or game time...it was about a team disintegrating at the most crucial time of the season. To all of those guys who really gave it their all and played with their hearts in the game, congratulations - you had a great soccer season. I'm sorry it had to end this way.

this is just another prime example of what's wrong with west tn soccer. you guys whine and complain about not getting the respect that the teams from middle and east tn do. maybe that's because we actually have to play teams to make it to the tournament.

Wow! Thats kinda harsh. I don't think that every West TN team would give up a game like this. I know that soccer might be a lot bigger in the east but the west still has a ton of talent. I have played for two travel teams from the west, one from Martin and one from Jackson, and both years we have come in third place in state and could have easly won it all each year. So don't think that everyone over here dosn't care. Hopefully Northside and Martin can show you that this year.

QUOTE(hattrick7 @ May 22 2007 - 12:10 AM) 826464355[/snapback]I have played for two travel teams from the west, one from Martin and one from Jackson, and both years we have come in third place in state and could have easily won it all each year.

So because you could easily win the state tournament, you decided that it would be more of a challenge to lose the semi final and then win in the consolation championship game?

That's a new one. Play for third place.

QUOTE(sweep22 @ May 21 2007 - 08:13 PM) 826464253[/snapback]this is just another prime example of what's wrong with west tn soccer. you guys whine and complain about not getting the respect that the teams from middle and east tn do. maybe that's because we actually have to play teams to make it to the tournament.

You can't blame Northside for Haywood not showing up, they probably would much rather earn a state trip then having it handed to them. Northside have, however, already defeated Dyersburg, USJ, and Martin so they have definatly deserved to get to state.

QUOTE(Laydown @ May 22 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826464447[/snapback]You can't blame Northside for Haywood not showing up...

I agree...it's not Northside's fault. Don't hate on them because the other team had to forfeit. West TN does have a lot of talent, and I hope that NSHS and Martin both really show up to play at state. Best of luck to both teams.

QUOTE(hattrick7 @ May 21 2007 - 11:10 PM) 826464355[/snapback]Wow! Thats kinda harsh. I don't think that every West TN team would give up a game like this. I know that soccer might be a lot bigger in the east but the west still has a ton of talent. I have played for two travel teams from the west, one from Martin and one from Jackson, and both years we have come in third place in state and could have easly won it all each year. So don't think that everyone over here dosn't care. Hopefully Northside and Martin can show you that this year.

first, don't brag about something unless you win it just makes you look more like a loser. and you are probably talking about div II club which means nothing.

secondly, the west has christian brothers, houston, and ridgeway as constants. ecs, mus, usj, germantown, and sheffield have their good years where they make some noise, but never win it all. on the other hand, there are at least five teams every year in the greater knoxville area that are favorites to win the state tournament. while there are at least three every year from nashville and chattanooga that are the exact same way.

thirdly, in a/aa soccer, which this thread is about, the only team from the west to ever do anything was ridgeway. they won the state championship in '00 and '02 and were runner ups in '99 and '01. since ridgeway was moved from a/aa to aaa no west tennessee team has ever made the finals in a/aa soccer. that will be no different this year.

finally, no team from jackson or martin is going to show a team from knoxville, chattanooga, or nashville anything they haven't seen already. northside and westview are in for an unforgettable experience.

An unforgettable experienced? North Side played toe-to-toe with CCS in every facet of the game. NS just had a few bad clearances that CCS was able to take advantage of. North Side also had alot more class. CCS fans were whining the entire game about calls on a game that I thought was very well officiated. North Side did not complain a bit was complimented after the game on their sportmanship and class. CCS was no better than North Side. If the two were to play four times, they would split 2-2. CCS played hard and won the game fairly, but North Side showed that they belonged with the eleite teams in Tennessee.