D1 State Results

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15u pool play results:

Memphis Flight (James) 3-0; They play the 2nd place team from Pool B, Team Pride (Gold, Woosley) @ 10:30 today.

Memphis Flight (Miles) 3-0; They play the 2nd place team from Pool A, TN Elite (Jackson) @ 10:30 today.

Same 4 semi-finalists as last year at 14u. Also both Flight teams won their pools last year. But the TN Elite and the TN Team Pride were in the Finals with Pride winning it all. Pride went to be #3 in the country last year at Nationals.

QUOTE(philtenn @ May 20 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826463301[/snapback]15u pool play results:

Memphis Flight (James) 3-0; They play the 2nd place team from Pool B, Team Pride (Gold, Woosley) @ 10:30 today.

Memphis Flight (Miles) 3-0; They play the 2nd place team from Pool A, TN Elite (Jackson) @ 10:30 today.

Same 4 semi-finalists as last year at 14u. Also both Flight teams won their pools last year. But the TN Elite and the TN Team Pride were in the Finals with Pride winning it all. Pride went to be #3 in the country last year at Nationals.

How did team pride do againstJames?

QUOTE(sportsfreak2307 @ May 20 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826463621[/snapback]Has Lauren Avvont played with the 14u all year or was this her first tournament with them. If so, would they have been able to win without her

What was the score of the game? One player can make a difference, besides what's the difference if she played or not, she's still 14U.

What were the scores and results form the other age groups?

Well I know that many people dislike KGC Lady Pride because they have won 4 straight state titles. I am thinking that she was brought down to beat the pride. And since she has committed to Tn, I think she does make a big difference. She is a good ballplayer and I'm not taking anything away from her, but if she is not going to play in the nationals with the Flight does it not hurt them more. Also, I am thinking there are alot of politics going on within this age group.

QUOTE(sportsfreak2307 @ May 20 2007 - 07:00 PM) 826463621[/snapback]Has Lauren Avvont played with the 14u all year or was this her first tournament with them. If so, would they have been able to win without her

The answer is yes she has played with the team all year and will be with them at nationals, no she wasn't brought in as a hired gun to beat KGC, and it is a ridiculous question to ask if the Flight would have won without her, just as it would be ridiculous to ask if KGC would have gotten beat worse if one of their great players wasn't on the team. Congratulations to all of these wonderful girls on your state championship and #4 nationals seed. It's too bad some people have to look for conspiracy theories instead of giving the team its proper respect.

QUOTE(free.baller.1 @ May 20 2007 - 08:45 PM) 826463706[/snapback]What was the score of the game? One player can make a difference, besides what's the difference if she played or not, she's still 14U.

What were the scores and results form the other age groups?

Don't have the scores but i believe most of the margins of victory are pretty close:

9u: TN Team Pride def Team Memphis Elite by 2

13u: TN Flight Trotters def Team Memphis Elite by 5

14u: Memphis Flight def TN Team Pride by 15

15u: Memphis Flight-Miles def Memphis Flight-James by 12