Sonny Grey

magoo043

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ May 22 2007 - 11:12 AM) 826464543[/snapback]Out of pure specualtion, I would say Delmonico would have to have offered him a scholarship because he is at worst Top 50 in the Nation. Then again, he committed early so he may not have had the opportunity to do so.

Scholarships were offered by all of these schools mentioned.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(wingman10 @ May 22 2007 - 05:49 AM) 826464424[/snapback]I would think Corbin recruited him to pitch.

Yeah, I think he'll be there for pitching. Minor could hit the ball well, if I am not mistaken lead the Rockets in batting(or close to top)his senior year and I havent seen him swing the bat this year. Does not need to. Congrat's to Sony now he'll be able to enjoy a great senior season just don't let them grades slip! Brains and braun Love those Dores!

Corbin has promised Gray that he will get the opportunity to swing the bat when he arrives on campus. Not only will he be pitching but he will also be helping the team at the plate. Corbin realizes this kid is special and he will use his abilities to his full potential. Also, Corbin has given Gray approval to pursue football at Vanderbilt if he would like to.

QUOTE(Gerry Bertier @ May 22 2007 - 12:11 PM) 826464576[/snapback]Corbin has promised Gray that he will get the opportunity to swing the bat when he arrives on campus. Not only will he be pitching but he will also be helping the team at the plate. Corbin realizes this kid is special and he will use his abilities to his full potential. Also, Corbin has given Gray approval to pursue football at Vanderbilt if he would like to.

Couldn't have happened to a better kid. We're so proud of him in Sumner County - he's been a great kid to watch. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

On behalf of Smyrna I would just like to say that district 9AAA was absolutely amazing this year. There was more talent in the district this year than I have seen in quite some time. Beech was strong as always with excellent pitching and a right fielder that can flat out play. Mt Juliet had as dominant of a pitching staff as we may see for a while. Gallatin and Hendersonville both gave Smyrna some terrific games. While Sonny was the obvious district player of the year choice, there are so many other tremendously gifted players in this district. The talent is much greater than it was when I played in this district about 10 years ago. I think the Bulldogs are ready to take on some folks at the Fling this week because of the strength of our district. We appreciate all the support and thank you all for your hospitality over the past few years. The reason I go to the Smyrna games is graduating this year and I am tremendously thankful that he had the opportunity to play against such great competition for the past 4 years. Also, even though I am not in the club (and NEVER would be), thanks for putting up with the "dog pound" this year. They mean well, but they are a little crazy.

QUOTE(Gville80 @ May 22 2007 - 12:22 PM) 826464581[/snapback]Couldn't have happened to a better kid. We're so proud of him in Sumner County - he's been a great kid to watch. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Well, gotta put my two cents in, for what it's worth (about two cents, I'd guess)...

1. Gville's correct. All of Sumner County has been watching and wishing him the best. He's a heck of an athlete, the "real deal"... And a nice guy too, according to several guys that I know that have played against him.

2. Smyrna has more than just one good player this year. Sonny's like the icing on the cake but the rest of them are pretty darn impressive too.

3. Dunno if they'll go all the way but beating "that coach" today was monumental. (Yeah, there's some history there...)

4. Sonny, in case you read this, I know Dad would be very, very proud.

Good Luck Sonny, Bulldogs, even the Dawg Pound...(lol)

Stay strong!

QUOTE(straightbill307 @ May 22 2007 - 09:09 PM) 826464831[/snapback]Well in 09' Vandy has on the mound....

Mikie Minor Jr.

Richie Goodenow So.

Mark Lamm So.

Caleb Hill So.

Sonny Gray Fr.

Navery Moore Fr. ALL FROM TENNESSEE.

Not to mention the kid from CA, and other recruits coming in.

Thats a heck of a pitching staff.

I think you got Hill and another Mt. Juliet player, Caleb Cotham mixed up. Although with Caleb's redshirt they could both be sophmores in '09.

QUOTE(bigchief @ May 23 2007 - 07:13 AM) 826465083[/snapback]I think you got Hill and another Mt. Juliet player, Caleb Cotham mixed up. Although with Caleb's redshirt they could both be sophmores in '09.

TAYLOR Hill is the MJ player that signed with vandy

Mt. Juliet also has a caleb hill, but he's not going to vandy