CAK vs Hume Fogg predictions

footfairy10

They do deserve to be there, they are in the championship game. But that does not mean I am going to pick them to win, or other people at that. On paper, who wouldn't pick CAK? Thats why they play the game though anything can happen, but I do not think there will be any suprises here.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(unit11 @ May 25 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826466985[/snapback]it really doenst matter what happens in this game...everyone knows hume fogg apparently does not deserve to be in the finals and CAK is god. all of you are ridiculous. give some public school soccer stars some well deserved credit for working their buts off all season and in this tournement and showing why they do deserve to be in the state championship. It makes me sick that respect cant be given where it is deserved.

I agree with Reaction. I haven't seen where anyone has not given HF credit. Just because most are picking back to back to back to back champions to win again doesn't mean that anyone is saying that HF doesn't deserve to be there. Relax

QUOTE(BigG @ May 25 2007 - 06:57 AM) 826466713[/snapback]No problem with another topic, but one problem about the question. CAK has never been in division 2. Division 2 isn't based on public or private, it is based on allowing someone with tuition assistance or scholarship to still play athletics. CAK has always been in division 1 (non "scholarship" league) but Catholic and Notre Dame just came back into D1 last season for their own reasons.

You all will get your wish most likely in 2009 (if not before hand with the lawsuit that is in the supreme court). If someone tells us to go to division 2 or if our administration choses to go that direction, we will go, and without a fight. Until then, we will continue to try and do our best (wouldn't any of you do the same?)

Hume Fogg, I remember 5 years ago the exact feeling that you guys are feeling now. CAK was barely ranked and no one believed that we could be in the state finals, let alone win it. I applaud your performance thus far, and look forward to our games. Don't get wrapped up in the "nay" sayers, but enjoy the experience. It is a memorable one! See you all on Saturday!

You and your kids are a class act.

Good Luck

QUOTE(stamfordbridgesoccer @ May 25 2007 - 10:36 AM) 826466822[/snapback]I have spoken with other coaches who have come out and said "we left D2 because we had little chance of getting to state in that scenario...we cannot consistently compete with the Baylor's and McCallie's of the soccer world". To that I say poor form. Joining a classification to better your teams' chances at state is setting a bad precedent. Be the best by beating the best. That is my take.

"Be the best by beating the best." I agree.

Don't get me wrong, Baylor and McCallie were, are and are likely to always be great soccer programs, but I guarantee you--- based on my own personal knowledge--- that no soccer coach at Catholic ever lamented not being able to beat them on a consistent basis in DII--at least not since the turn of the century. After spending two or three seasons getting up to DII speed, the Knox Catholic Irish beat both of them very consistently.

Catholic was in the DII East Region for 8 years from '98 to '05. I think DII East soccer was the most difficult region in the state because only two teams advanced to states from the East, with 3 each from the Middle and West.

During those 8 years, Catholic advanced to States the last 5 years in a row (2001-2005), twice with Baylor, twice with McCallie and once with Webb.

Catholic's move to A/AA was a diocesan decision (ND was included) and had much more to do with travel expenses (although District 4 a/aa is just about as bad) and a sense that the diocesan schools had far more in common with the public schools than with the big prep schools like McCallie, CBHS, etc. As for soccer, we were never consulted and we liked DII much better than A/AA overall because nearly every team was capable of beating every other on any given night. It was simply much more competitive in our sport. A/AA has far more variation in teams within one district and blow out games are not fun for anyone---unless of course you are blowing a rival like ND, Farragut or Webb.

My bottom line on the championship thing is very much like yours. I'd like to see one championship for all schools in the state regardless of size or type. It would make the state championships much more meaningful and it would increase the value of district and regional titles.

As for CAK v. HF, well I've got to pull for our distict rivals. If it can't be the Irish, I hope it will be the Warriors. I wish both teams good luck.

QUOTE(stamfordbridgesoccer @ May 25 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826466951[/snapback]Uniden -

I am not typing out of ignorance. I am very well informed on the subject, contrary to what you might think.

But I did just go back and looked at my statement. Apologies, I did not mean to narrow my point to "the Baylor's and McCallie's of the SOCCER world". Sorry about that. I was meaning to refer to sports in general, across the board, as I have heard multiple coaches in muliple sports make such a statement. One such coach was a soccer coach.

Been so used to typing about soccer the last several days on this thing that I did not realize I was thinking one thing but typing another.

I know it can be frustrating reading things that are clearly typed from ignorance or conjecture. That is my point. Very few people have actually had first-hand experiene with the TSSAA issue. I don't know how old you are (if you are player, parent, or a coach), but I am old enough to remember and long for the days when we had ONE state champion. And I suppose that is ultimately what I am getting at. The "let's please everyone" mentality that has overcome TSSAA over the last many, many years is rediculous. I do not like having many classifications with several "state champions". But this is the system we have.

Imagine taking all of these teams that made the state semi-finals and seeing them in one tournament for one state champion!

Very nice post Stamford. I agree 100% about the system that has developed. Everyone thinks they should be able to win state, and if they can't, TSSAA should make a new classification for them. I would love 1 classification in soccer. Yes, fewer teams would make the state tournament, but district and region tournments would carry so much more weight. Imagine winning region II over Oak Ridge, Bearden, Farragut, West, Catholic, CAK, Webb, Maryville...(I'm leaving several great programs off this list so please co not reply offended). That would be something to get truely excited over.

QUOTE(warstiner @ May 25 2007 - 12:01 PM) 826466974[/snapback]CAK should win this game by a land slide. Ronnie go ahead and give them the trophy so the boys can enjoy thier Memorial Day weekend

1. CAK is clearly the cream de la crop

2. Notre Dame should have could have beaten HF last night 3-0

3. CAK is not short for CAKe walk

4. Traver is the real deal unstoppable

5. CAK has the experiance, skill and desire to win that is priceless

6. If HF cant put balls in the net aganist ND in regulation what will they do aganist the IRON CURTIAN.

7. CAK fans finaly woke up last night and are the 12 man.

I am glad to see some fire in the bellies of CAK. Now they are playing like the champions of last year when we dominated each and every tournament game. CSAS is still feeling the sting when I scored 3 goals 2 of them hattricks

I don't even know what to make of this post. Last night you posted 9 reasons why we would lose, now 7 reasons why we will win? I hope that Hume Fogg knows that this is not from us, just as I know that CCS was not behind the post yesterday.

Unit11, I hope you just had a typ-o and meant to say that CAK is good.

Hume Fogg, no matter what you say or how you play, people will find fault with it. You guys deserve to be in the finals, because you did what it took to get there. Just soak in the whole environment and experience... it is a blast!

BigG, I appreciate both your attitude and encouragement. I want you to know that I have noticed the manner in which you treat others -- with respect and love. It is a pleasure to have you as a fellow coach.

On the subject, I have to go with CAK 3 Hume Fogg 1. I believe Hume Fogg has fought hard to be where they are, and certainly deserve to be there. I also know they have as good a chance as anyone to take advantage of mistakes and/or mismatches. But having seen both teams play several matches (and coached against one of them), I have to take CAK as a heavy favorite.

Everything said on this thread is just going to fuel hume fogg even more to pull the upset. I don't care who you play for, no one likes to be discredited. We've shown that we belong in th finals with cak. we've beaten teams along the way that many think deserve it more, but our team is emotionally motivated and peaking at the right time to play the champs. To everyone that says we have no chance, come to the game tomorrow and see for yourselves that we can play with the big boys. Thank you bigG for your kindness regarding our team and the posts about us. I and the hume fogg team look forward to playing you tomorrow in the finals. Good luck to you and cak.

QUOTE(warstiner @ May 25 2007 - 01:01 PM) 826466974[/snapback]CAK should win this game by a land slide. Ronnie go ahead and give them the trophy so the boys can enjoy thier Memorial Day weekend

1. CAK is clearly the cream de la crop

2. Notre Dame should have could have beaten HF last night 3-0

3. CAK is not short for CAKe walk

4. Traver is the real deal unstoppable

5. CAK has the experiance, skill and desire to win that is priceless

6. If HF cant put balls in the net aganist ND in regulation what will they do aganist the IRON CURTIAN.

7. CAK fans finaly woke up last night and are the 12 man.

I am glad to see some fire in the bellies of CAK. Now they are playing like the champions of last year when we dominated each and every tournament game. CSAS is still feeling the sting when I scored 3 goals 2 of them hattricks

2007-2008 rankings

1. CAK

2. Knox Catholic

3. Notre Dame

4. CPA

5. CCS

6. Jack NS

7. Hume Fogg

8. Westview

9. Haywood

10. Elizabethton

Who are you...like Big G said we know your not from CCS and I dont think your from CAK? So be a man and tell what you are trying to do on here